What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Seems to me that they are both low bbiq, players but murrays is just lower.

I disagree with this pretty strongly. I was very impressed by the way Mudiay handled himself in his rookie season(shooting aside). Your perception might be skewed by few bad games that happened to be against us. I think Mudiay has pretty good IQ. I don't think he makes stupid plays and I don't think his decisionmaking was bad at all..

Synopsis of Chad Ford's draft tiers:

Chad Ford thinks there are 5 tiers of players that carry through to the late first round. He thinks Simmons is on his own tier. Likewise, he thinks Ingram is on his own tier. In the third tier, he puts Bender, Dunn, Chriss and Murray. That covers the first 7 picks.

Ford's fourth tier is where things get interesting. First of all, he puts Buddy Hield in this tier, and along with Hield he has Ellenson, Korkmaz, Skal, Poeltl, Sabonis and Dejounte Murray. That takes the draft to 14 players. I somewhat agree with this -- that there is actually a talent drop off around the 15 - 17 range.

The next tier down is friggin huge, with 21 players in it, including Wade Baldwin, Deyonta Davis, Thon Maker, Malachi Richardson, Taurean Prince, Denzel Valentine, Timothe Luwawu, DeAndre Bembry and so on...

In all fairness, I can see the buzz with Dejounte Murray. There's a lot to like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCfjP6w2HQ

Good call. I wanted the jazz to draft mccollum that year
I still remember watching that draft in SG with friends and while there was lots of cheering and exuberance at hearing the trade I was yelling no!! No!! No!! No!! Over and over and telling everyone to shut the hell up because they were, well, idiots. Lol, but ya it hurt that we could've chose CJ and the Jazz chose Burke. And I wanted CJ.
Did you see my notes of the game I watched of him? He's very intriguing and has all the tools and shiftiness in the world. The problem is - he has no idea how to play basketball. NO IDEA!! I found a new appreciation for Murray's skill and quickness and moves but I also found a player who would be a pain in the *** to watch once the novelty wears off.

D Murray reminds me of Burks.

I still remember watching that draft in SG with friends and while there was lots of cheering and exuberance at hearing the trade I was yelling no!! No!! No!! No!! Over and over and telling everyone to shut the hell up because they were, well, idiots. Lol, but ya it hurt that we could've chose CJ and the Jazz chose Burke. And I wanted CJ.

D Murray reminds me of Burks.
I see why but Burks numbers in college were amazing.

U don't think they are similar in style?

I don't know what Murray's stats look like, but he was just a freshman.

Anyway, my observation was just that not a slight against either Murray or Burks. I'm one of the biggest Burks supporters on this board.

All I know is both can get to the basket with ease and neither known for their shooting. Both a bit reckless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway, my observation was just that not a slight against either Murray or Burks. I'm one of the biggest Burks supporters on this board.

All I know is both can get to the basket with ease and neither known for their shooting. Both a bit reckless

Yeah, I can see the similarity. I think Murray is more shifty, but Burks is more creative finisher in the paint.

No, I agree with you that their styles and skillset might be similar. I was just adding that burks numbers were bawse at Colorado. (Have not been pimping my boy enough lately )

Burks freshman year at Colorado: 17.1 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.8 apg, and 1.2 spg shooting 53.8% from the field.

Murray freshman year at Washington: 16.1 ppg, 6 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.8 spg shooting 41.6% from the field.

Both played in the Pac-12, Murray is a better all-around player where as Burks is a more efficient scorer.

Burks freshman year at Colorado: 17.1 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.8 apg, and 1.2 spg shooting 53.8% from the field.

Murray freshman year at Washington: 16.1 ppg, 6 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.8 spg shooting 41.6% from the field.

Both played in the Pac-12, Murray is a better all-around player where as Burks is a more efficient scorer.
But Burks was a two year guy and his stats went up to over 20 points (in about 31 mpg) 6.5 rebounds, and 2 and a half assists per game. He showed two good seasons. And more efficient both years.

But Burks was a two year guy and his stats went up to over 20 points (in about 31 mpg) 6.5 rebounds, and 2 and a half assists per game. He showed two good seasons. And more efficient both years.

I don't know what point you are trying to prove. You don't think Murray would improve in his sophomore season? Burks was definitely a way more efficient scorer in college. The biggest knock on Murray is his scoring efficiency and his true shooting percentage.

Burks shot a better percentage from 3, better percentage from 2 (much better), better percentage from the line (much better) and got to the line allot more. The assists and rebounds were very close (murray averaged over 2 more minutes per game too)

Again, I see the similarities, I was just pimping my boy by pointing out that his numbers were better.

I don't see the similarities as much as you guys do. Murray averaged 4.4 assists per game compared to Burks 1.8.

Keep in mind Washington plays at a crazy pace.

Saying "he was more efficient scorer" is the understatement of the year. Burks was at 62% TS% while Murray is at 48.5%. That's the difference between Curry and Trey Burke.

Actually Murray played off the ball a lot while Andrews played point. Murray still almost scored as much as him and managed to get more rebounds and a lot more assists.

Umh, the full game I watched he played off-ball a little, but most of the time was the primary ballhandler. I think he's probably a better passer(I liked his passing whenever he actually decided to pass). But their roles were different in college.