What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

No he was asked if there was any Gobert like workouts and he said no, but the closest thing was one young man who showed skills they didnt know he had and was a great young man.

Murray makes most sense because Perrin said "Dejounte showed us a 3pt shot we didnt know he had" and Murray was also a fairly under the radar prospect til late, similar to Gobert.

The quote from the radio interview was that one of the players who worked out "really surprised them and threw them for a loop."

I did and I didn't see DMurray's name at all.

So you're completely guessing. Got it.

Going to explain it one more time.

There are two interviews.

In one interview he is asked if there was a Rudy Gobert like workout. He responds by saying no, but there was one player who surprised them with some skills they didnt know that player had and was a great young man. *Recap: We dont know who this player is, he doesnt tell us, he wants it to be a secret*

In the KSL video interview when asked about Dejounte Murray he tells the host that Dejounte really surprised them with his 3pt shot and how good it was and he did not expect him to shoot it that well.

So with the tidbit on Dejounte we can guess that he was also talking about Murray in the first interview.

Okay, lets put this to bed.

Last week Walt Perrin did a radio interview on 1280. He was asked if there was a player who blew them away in a workout the way Rudy Gobert did. Walt Perrin said, no, but that one player whom they worked out "really surprised them and threw them for a loop."

In a separate interview later that week with KSL, Walt Perrin said that Dejounte Murray surprised him and showed an ability to shoot from 3-pt range better than Perrin thought he could.

So you have to put 2 and 2 together and assume that Murray was the surprising player that Perrin was referring to in the 1280 interview.

Going to explain it one more time.

There are two interviews.

In one interview he is asked if there was a Rudy Gobert like workout. He responds by saying no, but there was one player who surprised them with some skills they didnt know that player had and was a great young man.

In the KSL video interview when asked about Dejounte Murray he tells the host that Dejounte really surprised them with his 3pt shot and how good it was and he did not expect him to shoot it that well.

So with the tidbit on Dejounte we can guess that he was also talking about Murray in the first interview.

Got it. You have a great hypothesis and I can even see why you got to that point but it is still speculation.

Thanks for sharing. I value the input.

Got it. You have a great hypothesis and I can even see why you got to that point but it is still speculation.

Yes, I by no means claim that as 100% certainty. It just makes sense that it would be a younger player who hasnt been on the 1st round draft radar for the past year.

The Murray thing could be a smokescreen of sorts. Last year, Perrin said that the most impressive workout was Kelly Oubre. However, the Jazz obviously liked Trey Lyles more. So perhaps team need made a difference in the final decision.

The Murray thing could be a smokescreen of sorts. Last year, Perrin said that the most impressive workout was Kelly Oubre. However, the Jazz obviously liked Trey Lyles more. So perhaps team need made a difference in the final decision.

Yeah, I think the Jazz draft Poetl if he drops to them and I think they draft Murray if not.

The Murray thing could be a smokescreen of sorts. Last year, Perrin said that the most impressive workout was Kelly Oubre. However, the Jazz obviously liked Trey Lyles more. So perhaps need made a difference in the final decision.

I hope that's the case. I just don't like him much. I've tried to buy into the hype but I just can't.

I hope Kork is the pick if they stay at 12.

I agree. What's the difference between DMurray and Tony Wroten?
For one thing Wroten shot 16% from 3 and 58% from the FT line. Murray isn't a great shooter, but Wroten was as bad as they come.

Arguments like this aren't useful. I could say "what's the difference between Korkmaz and Caspi?" as easily as "what's the difference between Korkmaz and Klay?"

Comparisons like this are just oversimplification.

One thing regarding Dejounte that hasn't been brought up is that his measurements aren't even up to date. He was measured at 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan in 2014; I'd say it's more than likely that he's grown since then.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Not sure why you don't like Murray. You didn't like Burke because he was small and unathletic. That is something you can't teach, so made sense. Murray has elite length and good athleticism at PG, and the the things he struggles with can be taught through repetition. So yeah, he has bust potential if he can't shoot, but according to Perrin he is farther along in that department than we think.

One thing regarding Dejounte that hasn't been brought up is that his measurements aren't even up to date. He was measured at 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan in 2014; I'd say it's more than likely that he's grown since then.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif