What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Toronto might envision Sabonis as a PF who could play with JV.
There's really no right or wrong after 2 in this draft.

Yep, I suppose some people did not watch the Gonzaga vs Utah game. I know it was only one game but it was pretty telling.

This is so disingenuous. Exum's handle relative to the rest of other NBA point guards was God awful.
I disagree. He has dribble moves and he does a good job of keeping his dribble low despite being a tall PG. He just was hesitant to go to the rim because his body wasn't ready for NBA contact.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I disagree. He has dribble moves and he does a good job of keeping his dribble low despite being a tall PG. He just was hesitant to go to the rim because his body wasn't ready for NBA contact.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

He has a decent crossover that he used like 2-3 times the entire year, including SL. Other than that, he sucks.

The Milwaukee Bucks apparently really like Deyonta Davis. GM John Hammond took him to dinner this evening to get to know him as a person. They also had dinner with Thon Maker recently and like him as a prospect as well.

It has been a long time but I don't remember Exum being capable of a standard crossover. He can hook by his guy around the outside shoulder with his speed, but he really isn't a tremendous threat with his off hand. That being said, he is damn fast, he has feathery soft hands, he has unreal court awareness, and can place the ball correctly and effortlessly on an assist to a big. If he becomes a wizard off the dribble he will be a very very special player.

It has been a long time but I don't remember Exum being capable of a standard crossover. He can hook by his guy around the outside shoulder with his speed, but he really isn't a tremendous threat with his off hand. That being said, he is damn fast, he has feathery soft hands, he has unreal court awareness, and can place the ball correctly and effortlessly on an assist to a big. If he becomes a wizard off the dribble he will be a very very special player.
Good post

Exum doesn't have a great handle. He has great speed (especially for a player his size), but he's not suddenly going to develop Kyrie handles by any means.

That's part of Dejounte's appeal: he has the same size and quickness of Dante, but with a nastier handle. I'm not saying he's a better prospect than Dante (at all) but the upside is there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Exum hasn't a good handle. He makes it look better than it is because he's smart with the dribble (when his confidence isn't in the ****ter), and he just looks pretty smooth at times.

I do think he's lightening in a bottle and has ****ing tremendous upside. The key is keeping his confidence high.

Photo with Maker looking taller than Skal (click image)....but I guess we knew that already.

View attachment 4829

I can't see the image, but I feel Maker is 1.5" taller than Skal.
And more athletic. And a better handle.

Skal has an UNREAL shot.

Maker is sooooooooooo mother f'n underrated, imo. More than anyone I've ever seen, ever.

Exum has handles, IDK what people are talking about. He is a 6'6 PG, he has great handles for his size. People will see soon enough.

Great handles doesnt have to be doing insane combo moves and being flashy. It's just keeping a low dribble and being able to change speeds with the ball and protecting it while driving. Exum has that, trust.

https://vine.co/v/Mx67Ox0P2t7

An whoever says "that isnt handle, its just speed" being able to keep control of a dribble while going fast is one of the biggest parts of having a good handle.

The guy defending him is straight up ***, That is the reason why Dante has no crossover, at his level of competition he was always bigger and faster than everyone and could get around them at will, like he did to that guy. It is also the reason why he struggles offensively; he is just not THAT much better than everyone around him for the first time in his life. He will need a crossover at some point to get by decent to good NBA defenders, and he will need to get better with his off hand. At this point I am not extremely worried.