What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

The guy defending him is straight up ***, That is the reason why Dante has no crossover, at his level of competition he was always bigger and faster than everyone and could get around them at will, like he did to that guy. It is also the reason why he struggles offensively; he is just not THAT much better than everyone around him for the first time in his life. He will need a crossover at some point to get by decent to good NBA defenders, and he will need to get better with his off hand. At this point I am not extremely worried.

Elijah Millsap can defend at a NBA level.

Go to YouTube and type in Dante Exum and Matthew Dellavedova in the rising stars challenge. U will see him absolutely break someone's ankles with a nasty as hell crossover. He can do it. He just wasn't aggressive.

Ummmm, u may not know what a crossover is. Lol. I just watched his rookie highlights. They were scattered throughout the highlights.

Yeah, its where, off the dribble you can force the defender to lean one way, then immediately take the ball the other direction, generally by switching hands on the dribble. I watched Deron Williams play, I know how it is supposed to be done. Exum will use his speed to force a backpedal, and when the defender stops, he will then dribble around the defender, generally with his dominant hand. It is cool, but there are nba players that won't let you do that.

Yeah, its where, off the dribble you can force the defender to lean one way, then immediately take the ball the other direction, generally by switching hands on the dribble. I watched Deron Williams play, I know how it is supposed to be done. Exum will use his speed to force a backpedal, and when the defender stops, he will then dribble around the defender, generally with his dominant hand. It is cool, but there are nba players that won't let you do that.

Then you are blind. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malik Beasley and Timothe Luwawu have been added to the Green Room invitee list. That makes the number 18, I think, and I don't think Maker is one of them yet.

OK I found a decent example at about 2:09 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBmoUMcEL-c

That is a crossover, but it could definitely use some improvement.

At 2:48 is his favored move where he just uses his speed to blow by a defender. He does it after receiving the pass, before using his dribble.

OK I found a decent example at about 2:09 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBmoUMcEL-c

That is a crossover, but it could definitely use some improvement.

I showed u where to go to find one hell of a nasty Exum crossover. All u have to do is type in Dante Exum and Matthew Dellavedova in the rising stars challenge in YouTube, and go to th 1:10 minute mark.

I think we people think good or great handles, they think of guys like Kyrie and Steph who do all this crazy ****, but there are other types. John Stockton couldnt do all that stuff, but he still had a great handle.

Malik Beasley and Timothe Luwawu have been added to the Green Room invitee list. That makes the number 18, I think, and I don't think Maker is one of them yet.

I'm sure he'll be there in the crowds, like how international players usually are. My guess is Boston takes him early at #16 and will cause a 'Whoa' moment from almost everyone. lol

Last edited:
OK found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkU64vCO_1M

at 1:10

That is indeed nasty and that is what he needs to be doing, especially with his speed. Would like to see this in a non-exhibition. . .

Not sure how u can say his handles are not good even without this video.

I said it is his biggest area he needs to improve on but that I wasn't worried. If he had a reliable, serviceable crossover he would be almost impossible to stop. I know that, the coaching staff knows that, and I am sure he knows it. He has the tools and he is still young enough to get it done. I don't want him to be "good" I want him to be ****ing elite.

I said it is his biggest area he needs to improve on but that I wasn't worried. If he had a reliable, serviceable crossover he would be almost impossible to stop. I know that, the coaching staff knows that, and I am sure he knows it. He has the tools and he is still young enough to get it done. I don't want him to be "good" I want him to be ****ing elite.

The handle is the part that needs to be improved though. It's his strength and ability to take contact. His handle seemed bad because he wasnt aggressive going to the rim, so he had no reason to use his handles to get into the lane because he was comfortable going into the lane.

An whoever says "that isnt handle, its just speed" being able to keep control of a dribble while going fast is one of the biggest parts of having a good handle.

Can't wait for Exum to turn the jets on for a fast break and see how fast Hood and Hayward are since all I saw was them jogging and walking the ball up the court all last season.