What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Deyonta Davis is liked by both Milwaukee and Orlando. Seems like a 50% chance or less that he'll make it to 12. If you look at Poeltl, Skal, Ellenson and Davis, Davis might be the least likely to be there at 12.

Handle is more than flashy crossovers or whatever Kyrie and Steph are doing. The question is whether a player can get where he needs to go with the ball in his hands, while brushing through screens and trying to avoid defenders. I think Dante has a solid arsenal of moves. He has and in-and-out, he has a crossover and the one he broke Oladipo's ankles with was an in-and-out crossover which is a somewhat advanced move and if I remember I've seen him do it successfully with the Australian national team too. I think his left hand is not up to par, he doesn't have great control with it and needs to improve it. In general, he has functional handle, but I'd like to see him tighten it up a bit, especially in tight spaces - he had some turnovers last year losing his handle when going in traffic. I'd also like to see him add more hesitation moves.

His right to left crossover rejecting the screen is a deadly weapon combined with his speed, it's so beautiful and smooth. He leaves opponents in the rear-view mirror without ANY chance of catching up. In last year's summer league he left Smart about 8 feet behind him in a split second before Smart even realized what has happened and started moving. And that's Marcus Smart the new Tony Allen-like perimeter defender. If he perfects it and gets some confidence in it, opponents would have to compensate for it and open up middle and that's death to defenses.

So, one guy in the draft the Spurs have spent exhaustive resources on?

Tyler Ulis.

I have no point, but do know the Spurs are in love with the midget.

Deyonta Davis is liked by both Milwaukee and Orlando. Seems like a 50% chance or less that he'll make it to 12. If you look at Poeltl, Skal, Ellenson and Davis, Davis might be the least likely to be there at 12.

I'd pass on Deyonta Davis personally. He didn't do well with the media and team interviews, you can clearly see it at the nba combine. Also when you watch his workouts, I didn't see any real effort like you see in other players workout video where they go HAM! I just seem to question his character a bit and his motor as well. I don't know, if we take him I wouldn't like it but I'll still support it nonetheless.

In Locke's recent podcast with Pelton they boiled it down to Poeltl and Baldwin. Pelton choose Baldwin.

On an interesting note, Locke said he thinks that there is a real chance that those two will be on the board at 12. Locke then said he would add Korkmaz (who had already been eliminated from the bracket) to those other two and that the Jazz would be seriously looking at all 3.

In Locke's recent podcast with Pelton they boiled it down to Poeltl and Baldwin. Pelton choose Baldwin.

On an interesting note, Locke said he thinks that there is a real chance that those two will be on the board at 12. Locke then said he would add Korkmaz (who had already been eliminated from the bracket) to those other two and that the Jazz would be seriously looking at all 3.

I can't get excited about Baldwin. I've tried, I really have, but please yes on both Korkmaz and poeltl

I can't get excited about Baldwin. I've tried, I really have, but please yes on both Korkmaz and poeltl

Korkmaz could be a serious sniper and I also don't think you draft him to stash him in Europe.He wants to be in the NBA now.He'll be like Exum 2 yrs ago and Trey Lyles last year ,physically weak for his position but Snyder seems to know how to bring these kids along though.Draft him,Jazz won't be in position for along time in the Draft to get lottery talent.

I won't be surprised if we trade down. Some guys in our range like Skal, Korkmaz, Beasley and Poeltl have not worked out for the Jazz which means DL/Perrin may not have had the chance to fall in love with their game while other guys who are mocked to go later have worked out for the Jazz.

Korkmaz could be a serious sniper and I also don't think you draft him to stash him in Europe.He wants to be in the NBA now.He'll be like Exum 2 yrs ago and Trey Lyles last year ,physically weak for his position but Snyder seems to know how to bring these kids along though.Draft him,Jazz won't be in position for along time in the Draft to get lottery talent.

To me, when you consider the size or Korkmaz and offensive ability, I think he has as high a ceiling as anyone not named Simmons, Ingram or JMurray.

I also heard on a podcast yesterday that he wants to be in the NBA more than anything. Even if that means that he makes no money his first year he'd rather be on an NBA team learning and growing that staying in Europe.

Impressive if you ask me.

ESPN is reporting that the Celtics, Suns, Wolves, Pelicans, Nuggets and Kings are shopping their picks (3 through 8).

To me, when you consider the size or Korkmaz and offensive ability, I think he has as high a ceiling as anyone not named Simmons, Ingram or JMurray.

Korkmaz. All day. Every day. Make that boy live at P3 for his rookie year and then see what he looks like. Bet he'd have been top 5 next year with a good developmental year. Quin is the perfect coach for him, and his skill set is exactly what this team needs.

Also, I'm hoping the Jazz trade up into the late 1st for a big man. Give me any of Maker, Zizic, Qi or Stone as a developmental big man to put behind Gobert down the road to replace Withey.

ESPN is reporting that the Celtics, Suns, Wolves, Pelicans, Nuggets and Kings are shopping their picks (3 through 8).

I'd gladly trade #12 plus Burke, Withey, 2nd round picks and/or cash to move up. If they want valuable assets. . . forget it. This isn't the year to move up.