What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

If Kentucky fires Calipari, would y'all go after him as Jazz coach? Or has his NJ stint scared y'all off?

He's already said privately that other than Kentucky his dream job is BYU. Wouldnt it be fun to see those #1 recruiting classes playing right here in-state?? WooooooOoooo that would be fun!

Ugli comes in this thread mainly to mess with me (see "if Kentucky fires Calipari).. so I said that just because Ugli as hell likes the Utes..
Just a counter jab.

Ahh ok lol. I only read that post, should have read back

Burke is a player that moves up with play, but athletes are the ones that move up when it matters most. Burke's shot to move higher is the tourny, not the combine process. I see him getting knocked down down the stretch there.

Oladipo on the other hand...

Burke is a player that moves up with play, but athletes are the ones that move up when it matters most. Burke's shot to move higher is the tourny, not the combine process. I see him getting knocked down down the stretch there.

Oladipo on the other hand...

Really? I see it as the opposite. I think Oladipo's stock is going to come back to earth because of the Tourney.

Really? I see it as the opposite. I think Oladipo's stock is going to come back to earth because of the Tourney.

Well that's KIND OF what I'm saying. I guess I'm saying his performance in the tourney isn't going to be as important as people are going to get so hard about his size and athleticism nearer to the actual draft and boost him no matter where he sits after the tournament, good or bad.

Well that's KIND OF what I'm saying. I guess I'm saying his performance in the tourney isn't going to be as important as people are going to get so hard about his size and athleticism nearer to the actual draft and boost him no matter where he sits after the tournament, good or bad.

I see, read it completely wrong for some reason. You are probably right. I just don't see Oladipo getting drafted before Smart, Porter, Shabazz, or McLemore. I would say he is probably going to be the 5th non-big drafted. Depending on how many teams want a big man, that will determine where Oladipo will go (unless he has a crazy tourney, then I suppose he could surpass McLemore).

I see someone like Isiah Austin really shooting up the draft into the top 5 after the combine. Dude is just too big and too skilled not to.

I see, read it completely wrong for some reason. You are probably right. I just don't see Oladipo getting drafted before Smart, Porter, Shabazz, or McLemore. I would say he is probably going to be the 5th non-big drafted. Depending on how many teams want a big man, that will determine where Oladipo will go (unless he has a crazy tourney, then I suppose he could surpass McLemore).

Definitely agree... even though I think he'll have a great tourney.

One of my friends on facebook posted a link to something about Michigan basketball and said "GO BLUE!!!"

So I commented, "tell the Jazz to draft Burke" and he replied "Burke is too short to play in the NBA."

Lol, why is everyone so obsessed with the height of their PG? I think there can be advantages to your PG being big, but it's far from the deciding factor of whether or not their game will translate. This gave me hope that maybe MCW really will go before Burke. Maybe McCollum, too.

I scouted four games (vs Arizona, Missouri, Washington, Oregon St.) of Shabazz Muhammad to get a better idea of how he scores the ball. The stats show he has a very well rounded scoring game. Here is where his offense comes from:

Spot up 3-pointers: ~29% of total points scored

Free throws: ~17% of total points scored

Low post up moves: ~13% of total points scored

Fast break opportunities: ~13% of total points scored

High post moves: ~11% of total points scored

Mid range spot up jumpers: ~6% of total points scored

Drives: ~4% of total points scored

Offensive put-back's: ~4%

Alley-oop dunks: ~2% of total points scored

Shabazz seems to be a really underrated 3-point shooter. It's where he gets the majority of his points from, and in these games he shot 64% (9/14) on spot up 3's. On the season he's shooting 42% on 3.5 attempts per game from 3.

Another area that really stood out was his ability to score out of the high post. 11% of his offense came here, but the more impressive thing was that he shot 71% from the high post (post moves outside of 10 feet is how I measured it). It's a small sample size, but I do believe he has an elite post game for a perimeter player his age.

He aslo scores out of the low post, and gets to the FT line at a great rate like any good scorer should.

The main thing missing from his scoring arsenal is his ability to take his man off the dribble. But, he's better at it than the 4% would suggest, cause sometimes he would drive, then be met by another defender and end up shooting a jump hook out of the low/high post, so I counted the points in those categories.

He scores all over the court, both within the flow of the offense (coming of screens for spot up jumpers etc.) and by creating his own shot. If he ever improves his handle the way he improved his 3-pointer (that was one of the nocks on his game coming out of high school), then watch out.

Interesting take. In the NBA those jump hooks will be getting blocked or highly altered though. If he doesn't become a better passer it could kill him.