What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

DraftEx doesn't even have WCS on their list for 2013.. wonder if they know something we don't?

I wonder where he'd rank if he IS on the list.

Chat with Chad Ford re Burke's position:

Jim (La)

Has Trey Burke moved himself into the top 10?

Chad Ford (1:20 PM)

No, but I'm beginning to wonder if he will ultimately land there. Scouts are obsessed with what he isn't (lacks elite size or explosive athleticism) but he's sooooooo good at everything else. If he was a better athlete, he'd remind me a lot of Chris Paul. I really, really like him. While I haven't heard anyone really mention him as a Top 10 player, I would consider him there and think that by the draft combine, scouts might as well.

I love you but no thanks.

I don't have much desire for moving up in this draft, I ask cause of my interest in Bazz. If we could package both picks and move into the top 5 for him, I'd do it with no questions asked. He's the only player I'd move up for. But, I know not all of you feel the same way about him.

Chat with Chad Ford re Burke's position:

The reason for his low draft stock is just about every team in the lottery has a very solid PG, they are the most abundant commodity in the NBA. The teams that do desperately need point guards (Sactown , Orlando) are drafting so high Burke will be outclassed unless someone thinks he has superstar status. To be a superstar you generally need elite length, or elite athleticism, and Burke has neither. I like the Jazz chances of getting him especially if they fall out of the playoffs (not that they should try of course).

The reason for his low draft stock is just about every team in the lottery has a very solid PG, they are the most abundant commodity in the NBA. The teams that do desperately need point guards (Sactown , Orlando) are drafting so high Burke will be outclassed unless someone thinks he has superstar status. To be a superstar you generally need elite length, or elite athleticism, and Burke has neither. I like the Jazz chances of getting him especially if they fall out of the playoffs (not that they should try of course).

Basically what we've been saying all along.

I still feel smart and McW will go before Burke because of their size. McCullum might go before him too. for some reason nba FO's think size matters. even the jazz FO has said they like size at evey position, but if Burke is gone them McW should be available or even McCullum

I prefer Burke to MCW easily. That is one guy I just don't get the hype with. Every time I watch him he has a mediocre handle, makes okay passes, and can't take over a game. Burke is shorter, but height doesn't matter if you aren't really good to begin with.

What about elite BBIQ?

I prefer Burke to MCW easily. That is one guy I just don't get the hype with. Every time I watch him he has a mediocre handle, makes okay passes, and can't take over a game. Burke is shorter, but height doesn't matter if you aren't really good to begin with.

I think everyone here prefers Burke over MCW.