What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

So... you guys don't think Willy will go back to school because you think he'll get worse and have a lower draft pick... but you want to draft him?

If he doesn't improve his stock will drop. And he will have missed a year of $1,000,000+. Reality check.

WCS is probably a top 10 pick THIS year. everyone knows that bigs rise the fastest in pre draft workouts. He is showing too much potential as it is. I really dont see us having a chance at him unfortunately.

Anyway, I guarantee all of you that he stays in school another year. Calipari will get him to stay.

WCS is probably a top 10 pick THIS year. everyone knows that bigs rise the fastest in pre draft workouts. He is showing too much potential as it is. I really dont see us having a chance at him unfortunately.

Possible. Looking at other big men in DX top 10 for 2013 draft.

Does he surpass Isiah Austin? I don't think so
Does he surpass Rudy Gobert? I really know nothing about this guy, so I give that a strong possibility.
Does he surpass Len? Also don't know much about him at all, but he has been consistently ranked high all season, so luke-warm possibility.
Does he surpass Zeller? No
Does he surpass Noel? No

There are so many center options this year, which I why I think he will stay in school another year.

Possible. Looking at other big men in DX top 10 for 2013 draft.

Does he surpass Isiah Austin? I don't think so
Does he surpass Rudy Gobert? I really know nothing about this guy, so I give that a strong possibility.
Does he surpass Len? Also don't know much about him at all, but he has been consistently ranked high all season, so luke-warm possibility.
Does he surpass Zeller? No
Does he surpass Noel? No

There are so many center options this year, which I why I think he will stay in school another year.

I agree with your list for the most part, but I dont believe Austin is a center or does the same things WCS can do. Different players. Also the Rudy guy seems like a dude that could fall. Dont know, but if WCS did fall to 13-14 I'd be happy to add him to our rotation of bigs.

If WCS stays and all of the talent that Kentucky is getting next year they are going to be unreal. I have read that Calipari is probably going to try his hardest to convince him to stay, but he is a guaranteed lottery pick this year.

Cauley-Stein is one freshman that Coach John Calipari will push to return. Cal may try sell him on the idea that he possibly be a top 3-5 pick by returning for his sophomore year. Cauley-Stein possesses a better offensive skill set than his more highly acclaimed teammate Nerlens Noel. He also has a bigger frame and the ability to add considerably more weight. He displays excellent hands and a willingness to hustle for loose balls and get out on the break. A future pro, who could break Cal's heart by leaving after just one season.
Found this quote on nbadraft.net.

Draftexpress and ESPN have no idea what they are talking about. DX has Rudy Gobert at 9th and WCS at 21st? It was updated this morning too. ESPN has Gary Harris at 10th and WCS at 16th? Nbadraft.net has WCS at 10th! Nbadraft.net has been credible with what they have projected and said in the past couple years.

Right now I see the Jazz getting picks in the 12-14 range depending on what happens and in the 16-20 range depending on what happens. Jazz biggest need right now is a point guard and here is a analysis on what I think of all off them in the lottery range. Smart is out of the Jazz range, MCW has bad character and off the court issues plus he is playing horribly lately, and McCollum is a shooting guard in my opinion. Trey Burke is the point guard the Jazz need to go after period.

Right now I see the Jazz getting picks in the 12-14 range depending on what happens and in the 16-20 range depending on what happens. Jazz biggest need right now is a point guard and here is a analysis on what I think of all off them in the lottery range. Smart is out of the Jazz range, MCW has bad character and off the court issues plus he is playing horribly lately, and McCollum is a shooting guard in my opinion. Trey Burke is the point guard the Jazz need to go after period.

CJ McCollum could have been the top pick if he hadn't got injured.

Speaking just to appearance, but could WCS defend a strong player in the post? I have my doubts.

Yes. His frame is very good. Nothing frail about him. Like most every freshman big he needs to fill out and gain strength, but he passes the frame/look test, easily.

Would anybody trade Favors and the GSW pick to Orlando for their pick this year (top-3) and their first-round pick next year?

No. I wouldn't trade Favors for anyone in this draft. Though I am losing a little bit of faith.. tbh.

Better to come out in a weak *** draft than a great one though.

Yep.. and his stock is rising.

This year's draft is stronger in big men than next year's draft though.

That doesn't really matter. Only matters where you got picked, not where you were in the bigs pecking order.

I haven't mentioned this a lot, but for me, the biggest thing that separates Burke from the field is I see a competitor that wins with heart, guts, and brains. While the Jazz desperately need a PG they can move forward with, they also need a leader. In my mind, Burke could be the piece that ignites all of the potential everyone has blue balls over (even though he might not be the best numbers guy in the pack when it's all said and done).

I have said this many times ... so obviously agree.

And for every Trey Burke (who would've been a late-1st rounder, if that), there are a lot more Glen Davis-es, Elias Harris-es, and Terrence Jones-es these days.

Agreed, again.