What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

LOL.. Cy was right. McGary's initial declaration was premature.

One look at the class next year, along with Burke's departure, and it would be hard to imagine himself moving up significantly. Not to mention the horrific injuries which have been happening as of late (both in college and the NBA).

Come on PKM - go with your heart, not your head.

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan-Final-Four-Open-Practice-28-400x600.jpg

Nice pic, looks like about a 36" inch vertical for Mr Robinson.

This draft will be very interesting for us Jazzfanz. So much variations in who we think will succeed.

For PG: Burke vs MCW vs McCollom vs Wolters

For SF: Robinson III vs Greek Freak vs Saric vs Porter

A few of us could get burned here ... LOL .. but that's why it's so much fun, isn't it?!?!?!!

take out porter and add karasev.

also add a big column

bigs: Gobert, olynyk, plumlee, Austin, mcadoo, dieng, withey, Adams

Revised list:

For SF: Robinson III vs Greek Freak vs Saric vs Karasev

For BIGs: Gobert, Olynyk, Austin, Dieng, Withey

I've taken out Adams & Plumless... sorry I don't think anyone here are backing them.

Revised list:

I've taken out Adams & Plumless... sorry I don't think anyone here are backing them.

I like Plumlee. He'll never have a lot of post moves, or much of a jump shot, but he does excel at rebounding, running the court and actually gets pretty good position down low. With a more spaced out offense, I think he should do well. As a starter he could average around 11 and 10 imo, but I like him better as an energy backup. Also seems to be getting better at passing out of the post. I would still take Olynk over him though. My answers are in bold.

Oh, and Gobert sucks.

Revised list:

This is my list. Obviously I think everyone would go for Burke given the choice, but we're not in the range so I've gone with MCW. He seems to have that "fire in his belly" to excel & win. To me he's a "pass first scorer" which is a great combination for a PG. OK his shot is shaky, but that's 1 thing he can fix - give him a year. Robinson III has elite athleticism. He doesn't look it but he's a fighter IMO. Smooth as silk, can shoot it can finish it, great pedigree. Dieng because he seems to be the most athletic on the list.

Guys - make your pick. (or add new one as appropriate & bold it)

I like Plumlee. He'll never have a lot of post moves, or much of a jump shot, but he does excel at rebounding, running the court and actually gets pretty good position down low. With a more spaced out offense, I think he should do well. As a starter he could average around 11 and 10 imo, but I like him better as an energy backup. Also seems to be getting better at passing out of the post. I would still take Olynk over him though. My answers are in bold.

Oh, and Gobert sucks.

lmao because hotttnickkk is also highlighted

This is my list. Obviously I think everyone would go for Burke given the choice, but we're not in the range so I've gone with MCW. He seems to have that "fire in his belly" to excel & win. To me he's a "pass first scorer" which is a great combination for a PG. OK his shot is shaky, but that's 1 thing he can fix - give him a year. Robinson III has elite athleticism. He doesn't look it but he's a fighter IMO. Smooth as silk, can shoot it can finish it, great pedigree. Dieng because he seems to be the most athletic on the list.

Guys - make your pick. (or add new one as appropriate & bold it)

Adams is backable, maybe not at 14 but at 20. No big has his size athleticism except for Len (who will be gone). RC Buford himself was at a game scouting him. I'm waiting for the tournament to end and combine before making any hard picks, too much can change.

It's amazing how much defense and rebounding contributes to winning.......which is why the Jazz starters are so mediocre.

It's amazing how much defense and rebounding contributes to winning.......which is why the Jazz starters are so mediocre.

Uh, yeah. It's a game of possessions. Defense and rebounding are the key contributors to that.. and then, of course, you must also score the ball.

Revised list:

For PG: Burke vs MCW vs McCollum vs Wolters

Correct answers in bold. GRIII is too small to be an impact player at SF at the next level. He's a swingman who needs to handle more and be like a Wes Matthews or hang out on the wing like a Richard Jefferson or Kerry Kittles a la Jason Kidd's New Jersey Nets.

I like Dieng and Withey too though. Withey is a stiff, but he's pretty good at it.