What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

I also think that when the 2012 thread started, there weren't many posters here that knew anything about college players. I think that number went up drastically. I predict there will be more doing their own research, more watching some college games, and therefore more posting/debating than last year. O/U at 800.

I agree with this. What really helped me last year was getting a list if players to watch for. That got me watching more games and finding things out about players that had not been mentioned much.

PKM, can you give us a call of kids to keep an eye on? Also this is more for me, but when to the AAU tournaments start in Vegas? I am thinking about planning a business trip to Vegas to work as well as to catch some of these games. TIA.

I agree with this. What really helped me last year was getting a list if players to watch for. That got me watching more games and finding things out about players that had not been mentioned much.

PKM, can you give us a call of kids to keep an eye on? Also this is more for me, but when to the AAU tournaments start in Vegas? I am thinking about planning a business trip to Vegas to work as well as to catch some of these games. TIA.

I'll find and post a sked of the AAU games (Verlin may beat me to it).

As I have said before (many times, no doubt), I've been watching these kids for a couple of years already .. most of them anyway. So I do things a bit differently, I tend to catch a few games of the top guys that are the only stud on their team .. and focus more of my time watching teams with multiple 1st round picks on the same team .. I'll start with those; (I'll add more detail later) ....... also, I'm going by memory, so please let me know where I've missed a kid.

UK
Alex Poythress - PG
Nerlens Noel - PF/C
Archie Goodwin - SG
Ryan Harrow - PG
Julius Mays - PG (could find his way into the 2nd round .. sharp-shooting PG transfer from Wright State)
Kyle Wiltjer - PF (don't think he'll come out this year .. 3 and done is my guess)

UNC
James McAdoo
P.J. Hairston
Reggie Bullock

KU
Jeff Withey

UCLA
Shabazz Muhammed
Josh Smith
Kyle Anderson

IU
Cody Zeller
Victor Oladipo

Arkansas
B.J. Young

NTexas
Tony Mitchell

Baylor
Isaiah Austin

Florida
Patric Young
Kenny Boynton

Memphis
Adonis Thomas

Texas
Myck Kabongo

N.C. State
C.J. Leslie

OKlahoma St
Lebryan Nash

FAR from complete, but we'll update as we go ..
Someone else will have to keep us updated on the Int'l players .. I'm not that guy.

Last edited:
kabongo and harrow are electric but lets see If they get Stronger because i dunno if they can Hang in the league yet but Ill be watching those two Because i think we need a pg pretty bad. i Also like the kid BJ Young on arkansas I got to see him when he played against my cousin in AAU a couple summers Ago and he was dirrrrty But then other Guys who I like who arent pgs are Bennett, Nash on okie state

My dad is a Hoosier grad and He loves the Big 10 and said the Dude Aaron Craft will be a good Pro but I watched the big dance with him and I like his game kinda but I liked Lenzelle Smith better.

i also like that Big white Center on Notre Dame to be like a backup Center and Powerforward if we can get him in the 2nd round.

Since we have Mo, and could extend him let's not force the search for a PG. If he's not there there's nothing we can do about it.
BPA is the target. Wouldn't mind getting a true Center to replace Big Al, or a more balanced PF, and Favors can be our 5.

Are there any good 4 or 5's coming out?

Since we have Mo, and could extend him let's not force the search for a PG. If he's not there there's nothing we can do about it.
BPA is the target. Wouldn't mind getting a true Center to replace Big Al, or a more balanced PF, and Favors can be our 5.

Are there any good 4 or 5's coming out?

In the range we're likely looking (8 - 16), I'd say;

Tony Mitchell
Jeff Withey
Patric Young
Josh Smith

I wouldn't call any of them fantastic at this point .. but pretty solid.

Tony Mitchell
Jeff Withey
Patric Young
Josh Smith

wtf?? Josh smith is soooooo bad I Went to a Few games and he is lucky if he can Play in the wnba

I like the notre dame Guy the best of those names u menitoned and Hes a lot better than Whithey from KU

Tony Mitchell
Jeff Withey
Patric Young
Josh Smith

Out of those 4, do you think any of them has the potential to be a better pro than Big Al? I don't care if they don't excel at one thing, if they are pretty good overall.
I want out of the Black Al Hole.

I'll find and post a sked of the AAU games (Verlin may beat me to it).

As I have said before (many times, no doubt), I've been watching these kids for a couple of years already .. most of them anyway. So I do things a bit differently, I tend to catch a few games of the top guys that are the only stud on their team .. and focus more of my time watching teams with multiple 1st round picks on the same team .. I'll start with those; (I'll add more detail later) ....... also, I'm going by memory, so please let me know where I've missed a kid.

UK
Alex Poythress - PG
Nerlens Noel - PF/C
Archie Goodwin - SG
Ryan Harrow - PG
Julius Mays - PG (could find his way into the 2nd round .. sharp-shooting PG transfer from Wright State)
Kyle Wiltjer - PF (don't think he'll come out this year .. 3 and done is my guess)

UNC
James McAdoo
P.J. Hairston
Reggie Bullock

KU
Jeff Withey

UCLA
Shabazz Muhammed
Josh Smith
Kyle Anderson

IU
Cody Zeller
Victor Oladipo

Arkansas
B.J. Young

NTexas
Tony Mitchell

Baylor
Isaiah Austin

Florida
Patric Young
Kenny Boynton

Memphis
Adonis Thomas

Texas
Myck Kabongo

N.C. State
C.J. Leslie

OKlahoma St
Lebryan Nash

FAR from complete, but we'll update as we go ..
Someone else will have to keep us updated on the Int'l players .. I'm not that guy.

OSU guys i mentioned on the first page and the big from ND that I cant remember but hes big and white And a good rebounder and finishes well

Out of those 4, do you think any of them has the potential to be a better pro than Big Al? I don't care if they don't excel at one thing, if they are pretty good overall.
I want out of the Black Al Hole.

Not really. Mitchell is at least a great athlete .. Withey is a very good shot-blocker. Hard to say at this point.

wtf?? Josh smith is soooooo bad I Went to a Few games and he is lucky if he can Play in the wnba

I like the notre dame Guy the best of those names u menitoned and Hes a lot better than Whithey from KU

Josh Smith has the ability, but terrible work ethic .... and coaching discipline.

I like Withey as a backup center. Hopefully he has put on some muscle this year and added a little bit more offense. I think he actually had a more blocks per minute than Anthony Davis did last year?

Anybody who thinks Aaron Craft is any more than a backup PG in the NBA is a fool. In a very weak PG crop, he's hardly mentioned for a reason.

Kyle Anderson is overrated, and anybody who takes him in the lottery has made a huge mistake.

Josh Smith has excellent footwork (very important for a post player), almost too good of size (he's fat), and a lot of ability like PKM says. The downsides are that he's lazy (fatness disease) and he plays for UCLA. I'm not really sure where he fits into the NBA, maybe a larger girthed Glen Davis or something like that. Hard to say.

PKM, I'm sure Mason Plumlee (MP2) will do fine for Duke this year, but I'm just not a fan of his at the next level other than his defense and rebounding. I expect him to essentially be the same player as his older brother in the NBA, we'll just have to see if he is ok with playing that role.

Speaking of Duke, Sheed Suliamon (sp?) should be an interesting player to watch. He'll benefit from Andre Dawkins redshirting and Seth Curry being a midget. Has nice size and playmaking ability.

Cody Zeller is a stud that just needs more size.

Isaiah Austin is gonna go the route of any Baylor top recruit. You'd think they'd learn after a while.

Patric Young is a defensive beast. Chiseled physique with good athleticism, playing at Florida hurts his stock IMO. I do like him though.

Otto Porter from GTown is another player to keep your eye on over the season. Similar to Tony Mitchell (except that people have actually seen Porter play).

Speaking of Tony Mitchell...if you've never seen him play, don't crown him, don't evaluate him, just shut up and accept the fact that you know nothing about him.

I like Withey as a backup center. Hopefully he has put on some muscle this year and added a little bit more offense. I think he actually had a more blocks per minute than Anthony Davis did last year?

I am warm to Withey (kinda catchy, no?). But any reference to his numbers being comparable to Davis' is akin to Jeremy Evans owning the 3rd best numbers of all FA's .. ahead of Deron, i.e.

I am warm to Withey (kinda catchy, no?). But any reference to his numbers being comparable to Davis' is akin to Jeremy Evans owning the 3rd best numbers of all FA's .. ahead of Deron, i.e.

Why? They were the two best shot blockers in College basketball. So is it true that he averaged more block per minute?

No partuclar order at this point, but those to watch, by position;

PG's
Trey Burke
Myck Kabongo
Ryan Harrow
Julius Mays
C.J. McCollum
B.J. Young (not seeing a PG, but ..)
Dexter Strickland (way not sold on him being a PG, but included)

SG
Shabazz Muhammed
Archie Goodwin
B.J. Young
Michael Carter-Williams
P.J. Hairston (will be watching him very closely)
Michael Snaer

Why? They were the two best shot blockers in College basketball. So is it true that he averaged more block per minute?

I actually don't know, could be. The difference is that Withey was not a respected shot-blocker until well into the season and guys were constantly driving into the lane .. whereas many, many times Davis had to run out all the way to the perimeter to get his .. way more respected shot-blocker. I still respect Withey's production, however, and am interested to see how he does this year with him being a scouted shot-blocker. I don't have any desire to debate a Withey vs. Davis thing here, btw, so onward ..

Anybody who thinks Aaron Craft is any more than a backup PG in the NBA is a fool. In a very weak PG crop, he's hardly mentioned for a reason.

Kyle Anderson is overrated, and anybody who takes him in the lottery has made a huge mistake.

Josh Smith has excellent footwork (very important for a post player), almost too good of size (he's fat), and a lot of ability like PKM says. The downsides are that he's lazy (fatness disease) and he plays for UCLA. I'm not really sure where he fits into the NBA, maybe a larger girthed Glen Davis or something like that. Hard to say.

PKM, I'm sure Mason Plumlee (MP2) will do fine for Duke this year, but I'm just not a fan of his at the next level other than his defense and rebounding. I expect him to essentially be the same player as his older brother in the NBA, we'll just have to see if he is ok with playing that role.

Speaking of Duke, Sheed Suliamon (sp?) should be an interesting player to watch. He'll benefit from Andre Dawkins redshirting and Seth Curry being a midget. Has nice size and playmaking ability.

Isaiah Austin is gonna go the route of any Baylor top recruit. You'd think they'd learn after a while.

Patric Young is a defensive beast. Chiseled physique with good athleticism, playing at Florida hurts his stock IMO. I do like him though.

Otto Porter from GTown is another player to keep your eye on over the season. Similar to Tony Mitchell (except that people have actually seen Porter play).

Speaking of Tony Mitchell...if you've never seen him play, don't crown him, don't evaluate him, just shut up and accept the fact that you know nothing about him.

You must be a Duke fan, eh? We used to have one round these parts.

potato.jpg

Really like his game .. fun player to watch.