What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

What lap are you guys on here? I'm late to the party.

I did some minor scouting. Not much, but just looked at a few highlights.

I really like Super Mario and DRUSS. It would be cool to trade up and get Super Mario. He looks like a good Utah fit.(cause he's bad *** and white) It's probably possible, given our asset situation, and he is out of the top3

And also Mudiay and Stanley Johnson look pretty good too.

Heh, n00b.

I'm cool with the loss to the Lakers (as opposed to being pissed that they started off great and then played down to the competition - which young teams with little to no bench will do), simply because it keeps them one step closer to a top 7 draft pick and a long shot at moving up in the lotto.

One step closer to D'Angelo Russell. Or Super Mario. Or Stanley Johnson. Those are the top wings in the draft (IMO), and each would complement the "New and Improved" Core4 in different, but exciting ways. The Jazz have assets to burn, and I want one of those 3 guys. The lower they are in the standings (despite developing a defensive identity that can win tough games). . . the better.

Core Guys
Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks and Exum

Bench Guys
Burke (expendable if necessary), Booker, Jingles and Lil'Sap

Euro Rights
Tomic (please), Neto (especially because he's buddies w/Rudy) and Pleiss (possibly even still this year)

Draft One tog the top wings with starting potential (and burn whatever pick and cash assets you have to)
Russell/Hezonja/Johnson

Free agency targets - build the bench
3&D Wing, veteran PG (if Burke is traded) and a backup C (if Neither Tomic or Pleiss comes over)

There's potential to build a really strong team with the assets (and limited cap space) that the Jazz have at their disposal this offseason. Getting another starting caliber wing and having Exum make a big jump would be huge IMO.

What is Booker's ceiling? I see him as a Marco Bellineli / Old Ray Allen type. That would really help the Jazz.

Nah. I just got better things to do than obsess over college players for an entire season. I can learn what you know in 10 minutes, and it took you a full year. Now that's efficient.

Wanna have a contest? Didn't think so.

You are the Paul Mokeski of this board!

I'm cool with the loss to the Lakers (as opposed to being pissed that they started off great and then played down to the competition - which young teams with little to no bench will do), simply because it keeps them one step closer to a top 7 draft pick and a long shot at moving up in the lotto.

One step closer to D'Angelo Russell. Or Super Mario. Or Stanley Johnson. Those are the top wings in the draft (IMO), and each would complement the "New and Improved" Core4 in different, but exciting ways. The Jazz have assets to burn, and I want one of those 3 guys. The lower they are in the standings (despite developing a defensive identity that can win tough games). . . the better.

Core Guys
Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks and Exum

Bench Guys
Burke (expendable if necessary), Booker, Jingles and Lil'Sap

Euro Rights
Tomic (please), Neto (especially because he's buddies w/Rudy) and Pleiss (possibly even still this year)

Draft One tog the top wings with starting potential (and burn whatever pick and cash assets you have to)
Russell/Hezonja/Johnson

Free agency targets - build the bench
3&D Wing, veteran PG (if Burke is traded) and a backup C (if Neither Tomic or Pleiss comes over)

There's potential to build a really strong team with the assets (and limited cap space) that the Jazz have at their disposal this offseason. Getting another starting caliber wing and having Exum make a big jump would be huge IMO.

My thoughts exactly!

What did he say? Anyone know?

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4h4 hours ago
Sources: Knicks president Phil Jackson will likely face a league fine for commenting on OSU's D'Angelo Russell, a draft-ineligible player.

Barcelona in action today against Berlin.

Rough game for Mario, Tomic good game, and Pleiss barely played. Alex Renfroe (former Belmont player) good game for Berlin.

If Pleiss can come now, is there any reason why Tomic or Neto can't instead? Other than the money, tank, etc.

Does anybody know what the rules are for buying out a contract mid-season?

No way Barcelona would allow Tomic to come over mid season. They are going for the Euroleague and Spanish league championships and he is a big part of their team.