What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Also, if we trade a 1st (where there will def be legit talent at 21) for a guy with one year left on his contract again, I’ll be ****ing annoyed. Realistically, we aren’t winning it all next year. And Mrotic isn’t that good. And I can’t imagine Crowder will love that. Not that I give a **** about his feelings but still. Seems like a dumb move.

Agreed. I actually like Niko and I think that he would be a nice fit for us. But I don't want to give up this pick for a possible 1 year rental. I don't think that we need to make a "win now" move right now. Our staff has shown that we can draft and develop players at a high level. This is a draft where gems can be found in the area where we pick. I think we should stay the course and continue to build through the draft.

Rookies are so valuable in today's league With their low salaries and the fact you can hang on to them for 7 years. Have some confidence in yourself that you can pick a good one.

Ugh, that would be disappointing. To hell with George Hill. Id rather still have Valentine, Levert, Siakam, Dejounte, Timothe, Zubac, for 5 more years than an oft injured Hill for a year.

Locke may have been referring to another guy... he talked about Lebron leaving and capitalizing on that... mentioned more contracts... is he thinking of Kevin Love? like if they decide to tear it down or know LBJ leaves? It may not be Niko...

Depends on who it would be, but I'd hope it'd be someone good and under contract for longer than a year.

If he grows another inch and puts on 15 lbs like Hayward did, he'll be a big, strong wing who can play on the ball and create a triple threat. He's currently the same height w/o shoes as Jimmy Butler, and he has more length. He's not as physically intimidating, but he's skilled. He's also got an interesting floater game developing.

I guess the next question is whether he has that really competitive demeanor.
I mean, I think he will without a doubt having a playing weigh of at least 225 in 4 years.

Locke may have been referring to another guy... he talked about Lebron leaving and capitalizing on that... mentioned more contracts... is he thinking of Kevin Love? like if they decide to tear it down or know LBJ leaves? It may not be Niko...

Depends on who it would be, but I'd hope it'd be someone good and under contract for longer than a year.
Well yeah, it would be Love. The first this year plus Burks for Love? IDK.

He talked about the unguaranteeds with it too... so it seemed like more salary than Niko. He may have no one in mind and might be shooting from the hip... but I'll be listening to his podcast next week for more tea leaves.

Jazz were +7.5 per 100 possessions when Gobert and Favors were on the floor together last season.

But the problem is when you get to the playoffs and have to face the elite teams like Houston and Golden State it's pretty much impossible to play them together for a significant amount of time and have a chance to win.

This isn't criticism, rather just a thought- the #12 netted them George Hill. Does 21 with Burks(who seems to have next to zero value) get them a lot better player such as Love?

Just looking at it from a basketball perspective, not sure how contracts and stuff would come into play.

Its very, very likely we make a trade. Just check our recent history. We make a trade every year.

I agree with the sentiment that trading #21 for a one guy is a mistake this year.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

This isn't criticism, rather just a thought- the #12 netted them George Hill. Does 21 with Burks(who seems to have next to zero value) get them a lot better player such as Love?

Just looking at it from a basketball perspective, not sure how contracts and stuff would come into play.
I mean, if they know Lebron is leaving they might do it? Probably not. And the Cavs wouldnt for sure know Lebron is staying or going until after the draft. If they trade Love, he is for sure gone.

I don't think it would be Mirotic. They could have traded the first round pick for Mirotic last year and didnt.

I think Locke is probably just shooting from the hip and saying stuff. He said himself he hasnt done much draft prep work, so is probably just throwing out ideas on stuff he can talk about.

We definitely needed a reliable 3pt shooting guard other than DM45, think of the houston series once Rubio was hurt DM45 had to do it all.

Also, if we trade a 1st (where there will def be legit talent at 21) for a guy with one year left on his contract again, I’ll be ****ing annoyed. Realistically, we aren’t winning it all next year. And Mrotic isn’t that good. And I can’t imagine Crowder will love that. Not that I give a **** about his feelings but still. Seems like a dumb move.
Ehh, I will say the Warriors look super-beatable this year.

Locke also doesnt seem to know that the contracts count as 0 dollars in trades. So yeah.

Yeah I pointed that out earlier so I think this is Locke guessing a bit. It’s possible but I’d want it to be a home run. Not sure how a Niko for AB and 21 helps NO right now... their biggest need is getting off of money.

The other guy I’d consider perfect is Tobias Harris... why would the clips want another pick this year?

I’m gonna say this is a nothingburger unless he keeps banging that drum.

But the problem is when you get to the playoffs and have to face the elite teams like Houston and Golden State it's pretty much impossible to play them together for a significant amount of time and have a chance to win.

Without favors we wouldn’t have even played Houston. Oklahoma would’ve beaten us.

Favors might be the most underrated jazz player of all time.

I get it that everyone wants us to play small so we can beat Houston and golden state. But aside from signing Lebron James or acquiring Kawhi, there’s not a move out there that would upgrade us enough to beat golden state. The sooner we understand that no one is beating them until their Big 4 breaks up, the better.

What makes the jazz good isn’t that they play small ball, but have two very capable bigs. I’m afraid that everyone is drinking the small ball kool-aid thinks that going small and dumping favors will make us better when in reality having both favors and Gobert is what’s making us so damn good.

I’d look to upgrade our backup PG position and wing shooting before resigning on Favors and Gobert.

Play Favors, draft smart, and develop Royce.

Yeah I pointed that out earlier so I think this is Locke guessing a bit. It’s possible but I’d want it to be a home run. Not sure how a Niko for AB and 21 helps NO right now... their biggest need is getting off of money.

The other guy I’d consider perfect is Tobias Harris... why would the clips want another pick this year?

I’m gonna say this is a nothingburger unless he keeps banging that drum.

I like Harris as a backup.

But do people honestly think Harris replacing Favors will make us better???