What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

So he was a 19 year old True HS senior... 18 years old as a JR... 17 year old Sophomore... 16 year old Freshman... right?

He was also old enough to be draft eligible in last years class..... Thon Maker style... Thats kinda my point, the class your referring to, that you say he's a 5-star representative of, is filled with players who were too young to be eligible last year...

U see what happens when u follow this further down the rabbit-hole?

15yo 8th grader... 14 y/o 7th grader.. 13 year old 6th grader.. 12 year old 5th grader.. 11 year old 4th grader... 10 year old 3rd grader.. 9 year old 2nd grader... 8 year old 1st grader... 7 year old kindergartner.. Something obviously got quite distorted along the way..... Are there not 2 years clearly missing?

Children are supposed to be enrolled in kindergarten by 5 years old... no? sometimes even 4...

That kinda like..... lacks competitive integrity... no? idk.. i really think its worth pointing out... There's some clear Sandbagging here...

If u really look at it too, his birthday is clearly before the normal 'cut-off'/enrollment dates..

Whatever his age, he's being recruited by Memphis, Michigan State and half a dozen other top-tier programs.

Whatever his age, he's being recruited by Memphis, Michigan State and half a dozen other top-tier programs.
I mean... I hate to be a constant disagree-er, but i disagree.. IMO if there's one thing we've learned from this years college season it's that there's really only 2 S-tier programs; UK and Duke...

So many imposters completely face-planted this year, most notably Memphis and UNC... and TBH I'd just lump the entire Pac-12 into the face-planting category as well..

Cuz the thing is this... and it's the damn truth... Where does Texas Tech sit in the heirarchy of the top teir teams (once you get past UK/Duke)???? the answer to is obviously much higher than most of the other 'blue bloods' would care to admit --- but obviously the results are conclusive the past few years...

another quality control would ofc be Gonzaga but honestly Texas Tech functions as a better one just because Gonzaga in the Few era's so consistent it gets taken for granted..

Plus now with the G-league poaching elite talent by the fistful... That stranglehold is only going to tighten..

And how about Nico Mannion??
I actually don't know exactly were he will get drafted as evryone have different opinions about that (firstly he seemed to be quite high, but then a lot of experts put him at the end of the 1st round)
Could someone tell me something about that and if he can be a good pick for Utah?

I actually don't know exactly were he will get drafted as evryone have different opinions about that (firstly he seemed to be quite high, but then a lot of experts put him at the end of the 1st round)
Could someone tell me something about that and if he can be a good pick for Utah?

Nico Mannion would be a home-run pick and MASSIVE VALUE for Utah. If he falls to the Jazz the whole corona shutdown could have worked in their favor.

The way the PG's fall is gonna define this draft... there's a lot of moving parts involved... If your rooting for Mannion to fall, the recipie would seemingly be for the 2 French PG's to go as high as possible, and for Cole Anthony to fall as low as possible.. Then you're gonna need to hold your breath for like 10 picks or so... A team taking Kira Lewis over him would help...

I was always impressed with how Mannion carried himself watching Zona this year. He may not be great at anything, but he's pretty good, he's not one of these combo guards they call a PG either, he made the transition to PG successfully--- his handle is really really good, keeps his head up and has all the fancy dribbles in his backpocket, i especially like the way he looks when he's dribbling the ball behind his back.

IMO After Lewis there's a marked step-down in the PG prospects in this draft, they go from being possible starters to 6th man types tbh.. So MAnnion for Utah would totally be a feeding 2 birds with one scone type of pick

Last edited:
He's just really small and couldn't really shoot/finish that well. He's an interesting player though.

He's just really small and couldn't really shoot/finish that well. He's an interesting player though.
Yeah obviously the athletism is his flaw but looking at some other profiles I'm quite surprised he is in such a low position.
I think he could have interesting margins of improvement, so I will be happy if Utah has the chance to draft him.

Nico Mannion would be a home-run pick and MASSIVE VALUE for Utah. If he falls to the Jazz the whole corona shutdown could have worked in their favor.

The way the PG's fall is gonna define this draft... there's a lot of moving parts involved... If your rooting for Mannion to fall, the recipie would seemingly be for the 2 French PG's to go as high as possible, and for Cole Anthony to fall as low as possible.. Then you're gonna need to hold your breath for like 10 picks or so... A team taking Kira Lewis over him would help...

I was always impressed with how Mannion carried himself watching Zona this year. He may not be great at anything, but he's pretty good, he's not one of these combo guards they call a PG either, he made the transition to PG successfully--- his handle is really really good, keeps his head up and has all the fancy dribbles in his backpocket, i especially like the way he looks when he's dribbling the ball behind his back.

IMO After Lewis there's a marked step-down in the PG prospects in this draft, they go from being possible starters to 6th man types tbh.. So MAnnion for Utah would totally be a feeding 2 birds with one scone type of pick

I didn't watch AZ much this year but I did follow him box score wise and man he had a lot of really really ugly games. Like 2/15 shooting type games. He's the type of guy who's athleticism was very overrated in HS and now that he's not the biggest strongest kid he's really struggling. I think he's a very smart player, with a good feel but he's so lacking in length and athleticism I don't see him being much of an NBA guy at any point.

Yeah obviously the athletism is his flaw but looking at some other profiles I'm quite surprised he is in such a low position.
I think he could have interesting margins of improvement, so I will be happy if Utah has the chance to draft him.

Athleticism is his strength...

MAnnions biggest strength at the NBA level surely will not be his athleticism... It's his unflappable attitude, we're talking about a PG here... He's reliable and plays under control.. Has a pretty good sense of when it's time to take over or when to distribute...

He is also slippery off-the-ball, and a really good catch-and-shoot guy.. Feirce competitor too, doesnt take plays off, keeps his head on a swivel, plays hard til the whistle.. I think he's got a pretty good knack for drawing fouls too.

MAnnions biggest strength at the NBA level surely will not be his athleticism... It's his unflappable attitude, we're talking about a PG here... He's reliable and plays under control.. Has a pretty good sense of when it's time to take over or when to distribute...

He is also slippery off-the-ball, and a really good catch-and-shoot guy.. Feirce competitor too, doesnt take plays off, keeps his head on a swivel, plays hard til the whistle.. I think he's got a pretty good knack for drawing fouls too.
I also think that he has a great IQ,..playing as a PG it will be useful.
To sum up IMO he has a great base on which build something interesting.

Kira Lewis and Theo Maledon look like better NBA prospects than Mannion to me. Mannion's physical limitations will probably make him a backup in most situations, similar to guys like TJ McConnel and Tyus Jones. Mannion is a good shooter and good playmaker, but not so great that he'll demand a starting role, imo.

It'll be interesting to see how many teams want to draft PGs, as there are 8 or 9 this year who are probably good enough to go in the first round.

Last edited:
Kira Lewis and Theo Maledon look like better NBA prospects than Mannion to me. Mannion's physical limitations will probably make him a backup in most situations, similar to guys like TJ McConnel and Tyus Jones. Mannion is a good shooter and good playmaker, but not so great that he'll demand a starting role, imo.
Man, I think Tyus Jones is actually pretty good and if Utah could nab a PG that good they'd sign up for it in a second.... His AST/TO Ratio has been crazy high past 2 seasons... was shooting 38% from 3 this season...

Ja Morant gets a lot of attention and rightfully so, but when I look at the Grizzlies, the way their PG depth chart looks(vs their pay) really doesnt get enough credit, with Jones being a really strong backup and De'Anthony Melton being a stud 3rd PG. If Utah could get that sort of thing going on the PG depth chart, which obviously they've been making failed attempts at for years, it'd pay huge dividends.

Wonder how accurate mocks will be this season. Paul Reed is still my favorite of guys and ESPN seems really low on him right now (#51?!?). I might rather trade down or into the late 1st or early 2nd and take Winston than try to go fishing on a Mannion or Lewis.

If Anthony falls I'd be all over moving up for him though.

I've known about Nico Mannion since he was in Sports Illustrated either his freshman or sophomore year. That said, I just found out today he lived in Utah for a while and his dad is Pace Mannion? It's makes so much sense and is yet so bizarre to me. I always thought he was mixed/bi-race.

He's Pace ****ing Mannion's kid. Haha

That's awesome. I hope the Jazz draft him.

Man, I think Tyus Jones is actually pretty good and if Utah could nab a PG that good they'd sign up for it in a second.... His AST/TO Ratio has been crazy high past 2 seasons... was shooting 38% from 3 this season...

Ja Morant gets a lot of attention and rightfully so, but when I look at the Grizzlies, the way their PG depth chart looks(vs their pay) really doesnt get enough credit, with Jones being a really strong backup and De'Anthony Melton being a stud 3rd PG. If Utah could get that sort of thing going on the PG depth chart, which obviously they've been making failed attempts at for years, it'd pay huge dividends.

While Utah hasn't been great at the PG position, they've been pretty deep for a while - excluding this year.
Raul Neto as a third string PG is a failed attempt at constructing a PG depth chart then I'm glad you're not GM.