What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

A good player is going to fall to #21. If we can lose a few regular season games when the season resumes we can scoot by Miami, OKC and Houston in the draft order.

I am really starting to think Bolmaro is our guy. He's like a mashup of Gordon Hayward and Ricky Rubio. He plays hard. He has some international flair that will complement Donovan Mitchell's stardom. He's a Jazzman. A year from now when Conley's deal is up and Ingles is turning 34, he'll be 6'8" / 205 lbs and ready to help run the show.

Go ahead and put me on Bolmaro island if we're drafting in the 20s.
that's a deal

Here's a vid about Saddiq Bey's defense, which is a bit underrated.

Isn't it strange he was part of a 4-man recruiting class that got a lot of hype, and pretty much none of it was because of him, and he was the LOWEST RATED of the 4.. With Jahvon Quinerly (the only 5-star of the group) getting a bulk of the hype, and he was unplayable and immature(and since x-ferred out)...

After Quinerly Cole Swider definitely got the 2nd most hype, which i guess is understandable when your 6'9" and can shoot it like that, but still.

Josh Hall is gonna get so much **** for his decision to go pro, basically his name will only be used to do some hand-wringing I-told-you-so's... No ones gonna condone him being in this draft (and hiring an agent)....

now that being said, he is a 6'9" skilled wing, with long arms.. There's good reason to why he stormed up the rankings last year. This kid easily woulda been NC States best recruit since Dennis Smith Jr.

Hall is going to the G-League for like 2 years minimum for anyteam who picks him up... More I think of it, the more I hope he gets signed by a team like Utah.

In a world where 1st rd picks flame out the way they do and 2nd rd picks are a crapshoot the way they are... signing a player like this the night of the draft after it finishes is actually a low-risk high-reward gambit...

This kid has a very nice step-back J for someone that size/age, looks very comfy with the ball in his hands too, keeps that dribble low.... Which y'all know I've been extolling the virtues of the Stepback-J in todays NBA for a long *** time here.. He's got a soft touch..

Last edited:
Funny side note: clemson has an incoming player named PJ Hall, who's a top-50 guy and pretty good, but he's a 6'9" wide-framed big .. Not a 1-n-done type, tho he's built to contribute early.. I mixed em up in my head when I first heard the news of Josh Hall signing with an agent, I thought they meant this kid and was perplexed by it;
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTcxNTk5MjU4NTIzMjgwNzQ0%2Fimage-from-ios-1.jpg

His FIBA junior stats are so bad tho, at least offensive efficiency. Wildly bad.

True but some of that is because of his percentage from 3 which isn't atrocious by any means for a guy at that size at that age who's still got a lot of development left in him. Potentially of course. Take those away and his 2 point percentage is somewhere just below 50%. Not very good considering his size but he looks like more of a pure stretch 4/small ball 5 guy.

His other numbers are really impressive though.
In his 11 league games this year, he was 12.31 rebounds/4.82 assists/1.98 steals/2.84 blocks per 36.

It really makes very little difference how tall Pokusevski is, he's a PF, not a PF/C...

My favorite sequence from him is at about 1:06 in this reel. Where he catches the ball on a cut, dribbles it behind his back, loses the handle regains it kicks the ball out, runs to the corner and nails a catch and shoot 3..

Several clips are eye-opening for me in this vid:

2:25 -- Pokusevski brings the ball up under some pressure. He handles the ball like a guard, going behind his back and crossing between both hands. He gets his defender moving backwards to hedge against the drive, and then he effortlessly raises up off a hang dribble to drain a mid-range jumper on the move. It shows body control, balance, awareness and touch.

3:10 -- Here he's pushing on the break. He takes off from about the foul line and extends to finish with a finger roll at the rim. Next sequence at 3:16, he takes the outlet pass, pushes the full length of the court, jumps off of one foot above the dotted circle and finishes with an easy flush at full speed.

3:41 -- Hits a 3pt shot above the break and off the dribble over a tight contest from a forward-sized defender.

4:09 -- He spaces out on the weak side and calls for the ball to hit a corner 3 without hesitation. The key here is his confidence to call for the ball, catch and shoot with a quick release.

4:16 -- He comes up to receive the ball above the break, fakes his defender, takes a side-dribble and knocks down a 3, maintaining nice balance and focus throughout.

As for how tall he is, he lists at 7-feet, but I'm guessing he's between 6'10" and 6'11" without shoes. He just turned 18 on Dec. 26, so he's by no means done filling out. He's like Keith Van Horn coming into the University of Utah as an 18 year-old freshman.

He could develop into a 6'11", 220-lb stretch big who is a legit triple-threat player. He's already shooting with confidence out to 27 feet.

Last edited:
Would be much different than Sam Dekker? I guess KVH was a bit taller.

KVH was a better shooter off the dribble, a more versatile driver and finisher in the paint, and a better passer than Dekker turned out to be. Maybe Chandler Parsons is a bit more comparable.

If Pokusevski is really 6'11" with a 7'3" wingspan, those would be Chris Bosh-type measurables, though Poku would need to add 20 lbs.

Theo Maledon has a legit chance to drop into our draft range if teams want Kira Lewis or Nico Mannion in the middle of the 1st round. Theo is still 18 years old, a 6'5" wirey PG/combo guard with a 6'9" wingspan who could play next Donovan. He's athletic, though not especially explosive off the dribble, and has a pretty compete game for a developing guard.

There are some really nice prospects outside the lottery of this draft.

Last edited: