What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Another player who could conceivably drop at least near to our draft range is Jaden McDaniels -- 6'9", 200-lbs, 6'11.5" wingspan. He has Paul George measurables, has a decent handle and body control for his size, and can shoot off the catch or off the dribble. Needs to add strength obviously, but shows potential as a two-way wing.

Last edited:
I'm sure there's some locals stanning for him, but I'd actually be pretty darn happy with buying into the 2nd to take Merrill.

Another player who could conceivably drop at least near to our draft range is Jaden McDaniels -- 6'9", 200-lbs, 6'11.5" wingspan. He has Paul George measurables, has a decent handle and body control for his size, and can shoot off the catch or off the dribble. Needs to add strength obviously, but shows potential as a two-way wing.

This would be my pipe dream

If other guys are off the board, Robert Woodard is likely to be available to the Jazz. He's a 6'7", 230-lb physical wing whose game looks like a slightly smaller and somewhat less explosive version of Rudy Gay. The question with him is whether you believe in his shooting. He shot 42% from 3pt this season on just over 2 attempts per game, but is only a 65% FT shooter, which hurts his 3-pt projection at the NBA level. He's a solid defender with good block and steal numbers, where his 7'1" wingspan helps him. He plays hard, runs the floor and isn't afraid to mix it up inside. He's a limited playmaker, but could develop into a tough 3D wing if he can shoot it well enough.

One question is whether he'll be appreciably better than Juwan Morgan, though Morgan is more of a 4/5 and Woodard is a 3/4.

Last edited:
I seriously can't believe Riller is being mocked in the 2nd round. He is 23, he lacks vertical explosion, he kind of has a fadeaway motion on his shot which he might struggle translating a little bit...so there's that. But overall he is just highly skilled. The thing I love most is his functional athleticism. He's 6'3, great strength, and I LOVE his short area burst. He uses different gears to his advantage. He changes directions extremely well. No doubt should be a top 20 pick in my eyes.

I seriously can't believe Riller is being mocked in the 2nd round. He is 23, he lacks vertical explosion, he kind of has a fadeaway motion on his shot which he might struggle translating a little bit...so there's that. But overall he is just highly skilled. The thing I love most is his functional athleticism. He's 6'3, great strength, and I LOVE his short area burst. He uses different gears to his advantage. He changes directions extremely well. No doubt should be a top 20 pick in my eyes.

I like Riller over Tre Jones for sure.

Paul Reed would be a nice snag for the Jazz. They need some defense and length. Could play some 4 and 5 off the bench.

honestly if McDaniels falls like that, and Utah takes him, I'd be shocked. I personally like McDaniels to Utah, but I dont think Utah will... his attitude and NBA readiness and will probably be deter his chances..

Paul George measurables is overstating it, Mcdaniels is agile and moves well but Paul George is a few clicks more explosive.

honestly if McDaniels falls like that, and Utah takes him, I'd be shocked. I personally like McDaniels to Utah, but I dont think Utah will... his attitude and NBA readiness and will probably be deter his chances..

Paul George measurables is overstating it, Mcdaniels is agile and moves well but Paul George is a few clicks more explosive.

As for PG measurables, they're the same height, wingspan and standing reach at the time of the draft, so he's a big, long wing. The issue with him is that he didn't shoot well this year, and the question is why not. The other question is whether adding strength will open up his ability to drive and finish inside. It's a big question that may cause him to drop on some boards. He's a guy who might benefit from going back to school for one more year.

Personally, of the players that could fall to the Jazz's range, I think they like Pokusevski, Maledon and Bolmaro. I think they'd love Vassell, Nesmith or Williams, but it looks like those guys will be gone.

Last edited:
Paul Reed would be a nice snag for the Jazz. They need some defense and length. Could play some 4 and 5 off the bench.

He's the kind of defensive-minded glue guy that would let a team play a bunch of other score-first players (like Mitchell, Clarkson and Bogey). It looks like he can guard as many as 4 positions. He still needs to shoot better though if he's going to get on the floor.

Last edited:

No thanks. Looks physically awkward.

He's the kind of defensive-minded glue guy that would let a team play a bunch of other score-first players (like Mitchell, Clarkson and Bogey). It looks like he can guard as many as 4 positions. He still needs to shoot better though if he's going to get on the floor.

I think if his defense translates okay (which it should, there's not much to doubt other than a little hip stiffness laterally) then I think on a team like the Jazz he could see the floor early shot or not. Because the Jazz have so many weapons and shooters already. He shows a decent touch tho. Especially from about 15. Not great, but decent.

I've watched a lot of tape on Deni Avdija. I've got to admit that I don't see why he's mocked so high. He's got good vision for his size/age. But the rest of the package is just mediocre. Mediocre athlete. Mediocre defender (at best). Not sure his shot translates, in fact there are some glaring flags.

In some ways I like Bolmaro more tbh.

I think if his defense translates okay (which it should, there's not much to doubt other than a little hip stiffness laterally) then I think on a team like the Jazz he could see the floor early shot or not. Because the Jazz have so many weapons and shooters already. He shows a decent touch tho. Especially from about 15. Not great, but decent.

I think he's pretty much the luxury upgraded version of Kevon Looney. He gives you a switchable defender at the 4 or 5.

I've watched a lot of tape on Deni Avdija. I've got to admit that I don't see why he's mocked so high. He's got good vision for his size/age. But the rest of the package is just mediocre. Mediocre athlete. Mediocre defender (at best). Not sure his shot translates, in fact there are some glaring flags.

In some ways I like Bolmaro more tbh.

I think Deni is supposed to be the young, NY Knicks version of Gallinari. The problem is that he's been shooting around 50% on his FTs, which is really odd for an offensive-minded wing. Plus there are the other issues you mentioned.

The appeal of Bolmaro is that he's a full-sized wing with enough ball skills to create out of pick-and-roll, as well as score at the rim, something Quin really values. Plus, he plays with a competitive edge and some intangibles. His steal rate is really solid, as good as just about anyone in the class.

Last edited: