What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

The Jazz acquired two future 2nd-round picks from NOLA when we traded Favors to them last year. It might give us the ability to trade into the 2nd round this year. There are several guys worth taking there.

If you guys were the GM of the team with the #1 pick in the draft this year who would you take?

If you guys were the GM of the team with the #1 pick in the draft this year who would you take?

I would try to trade back with Minnesota for #3 and #16. I would take Isaac Okoro at #3 and take Kira Lewis, Aaron Nesmith or Aleksej Pokusevski at #16. I have more confidence in Okoro than I do Edwards.

Depends on the team. If its the Warriors, I take Wiseman #1 --- which somehow is becoming an unpopular opinion.

If not, the safe pick for pretty much every team is gonna be Anthony Edwards, who IMO clearly has the most starpower in this draft... (though LaMelo will be more marketable for obvious reasons..)

Honestly If you start to mix this years draft with next years, you'll quickly come to the realization that Anthony Edwards is the only player projected in the top3 this year that would have a chance to go top-3 next year....

I have more confidence in Okoro than I do Edwards.

Whats asked of Okoro is much easier to consistently pull off than whats asked of Anthony Edwards..

Okoro played like **** when they faced each other but Auburn still won by 20...

Ya know, Justise Winslow is a player I never liked much( I stood on the Oubre is better hill til the very end and was right...) , MKG was crazy overdrafted @#2... These types of players are far more risky than ppl seem to realize in the moment.... they just seem so much safer than they are, in part due to my opening line in this post....

seriously take a step back ---- Your franchise just got its asskicked all season, finished with one of the worse records ----- You're gonna gamble that super high draft pick on a 6'6' wing who everybody knows really is a non-shooter??? in the year 2020??? not me..

Disclaimer- I am the OG Isaac Okoro fan here, been posting about him for proobably 3-4 years... since he was ranked outside of the top50... He was a player I knew Team USA valued much higher than the recruiting services and they were right about, which is a reoccuring theme (see kevin knox and kevin huerter, and many others)

Whats asked of Okoro is much easier to consistently pull off than whats asked of Anthony Edwards..

Okoro played like **** when they faced each other but Auburn still won by 20...

Ya know, Justise Winslow is a player I never liked much( I stood on the Oubre is better hill til the very end and was right...) , MKG was crazy overdrafted @#2... These types of players are far more risky than ppl seem to realize in the moment.... they just seem so much safer than they are, in part due to my opening line in this post....

seriously take a step back ---- Your franchise just got its asskicked all season, finished with one of the worse records ----- You're gonna gamble that super high draft pick on a 6'6' wing who everybody knows really is a non-shooter??? in the year 2020??? not me..

Disclaimer- I am the OG Isaac Okoro fan here, been posting about him for proobably 3-4 years... since he was ranked outside of the top50... He was a player I knew Team USA valued much higher than the recruiting services and they were right about, which is a reoccuring theme (see kevin knox and kevin huerter, and many others)

Okoro has pretty elite explosiveness and body control. He's more efficient driving and getting on top of the rim than Edwards, imo. Offensively, I'm pretty confident he can be a more explosive version of Cory Magette. He can also guard 4 positions and his consistent effort level makes me think he'll work out his shooting. None of these guys are finished products at 19. I think he's a better prospect than Winslow was.

Anthony Edwards' shooting and effort level were inconsistent this year. He might be the best player in this draft, but I'm not certain of it. He had very high usage and very middling stats. If his effort level isn't going to be there, he could turn out something like Shabazz Muhammad. Edwards and Okoro both shot 29% from 3pt this year. Edwards just took a ton more shots.

Ball and Avdija are also suspect shooters.

Wiseman would be a decent 1st pick for a lot of teams. His size and atheticism alone will impact games. I was thinking in terms of what the Jazz might do, and my priority is to put an explosive wing between Mitchell and Gobert.

Last edited:
Would y'all be interested in something around Conley/our 1st for Wiggins/GS 1st? Conley would have to go to a third team to send pieces to GS (PHI with Horford/Richardson?)

Would y'all be interested in something around Conley/our 1st for Wiggins/GS 1st? Conley would have to go to a third team to send pieces to GS (PHI with Horford/Richardson?)

Golden State isn't going to give up their high lotto pick just to dump Wiggins. Conley or Horford wouldn't be the kind of player they'd want in return.

Golden State isn't going to give up their high lotto pick just to dump Wiggins. Conley or Horford wouldn't be the kind of player they'd want in return.

I think you'll be surprised (though it's not a dump, Horford/Richardson are solid players). And obviously they wouldn't want Conley, Horford seems like a pretty solid fit though.

I think you'll be surprised (though it's not a dump, Horford/Richardson are solid players). And obviously they wouldn't want Conley, Horford seems like a pretty solid fit though.

Horford sucks bro. He's cooked. Like seriously, how does that makes sense? "Hey, let's give up a top 3 pick for a 34 year old guy who's washed, guys!!!"

A cooked Horfod is still 10x the player Wiggins is though (Richardson is also better than Wiggins)

Not really. No one wants 38M of crappy salary like that. And JRich is a pure 2. No 1. No 3. Makes no sense with Klay there.

Depends on the team. If its the Warriors, I take Wiseman #1 --- which somehow is becoming an unpopular opinion.

If not, the safe pick for pretty much every team is gonna be Anthony Edwards, who IMO clearly has the most starpower in this draft... (though LaMelo will be more marketable for obvious reasons..)

Honestly If you start to mix this years draft with next years, you'll quickly come to the realization that Anthony Edwards is the only player projected in the top3 this year that would have a chance to go top-3 next year....

I think I would take Edwards as well. But the background on him would be key. I'd want to know that he was a hard worker and wanted to be great. So much of his game is so raw right now that his work ethic and love for the game are extremely important. Undeniable tools and upside though.

I wouldn't take Leandro Bolmaro with a first round pick.

It's very unlikely that he's going to be available with a 2nd round pick. Full-sized wings with ball skills have significant value. So what you're saying is that you wouldn't pick him.

Golden State wants to trade for a bonafide star--like Gobert, Simmons, or Embiid. They're probably not going to pull that off, but that's what they're hoping for.