What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

I think I would take Edwards as well. But the background on him would be key. I'd want to know that he was a hard worker and wanted to be great. So much of his game is so raw right now that his work ethic and love for the game are extremely important. Undeniable tools and upside though.

Edwards is a kid whos mom died when he was like 13 i think, he's been busting his *** ever since... Ever since I first started following his story, he just always seems to have a big smile on his face too...

He went to Georgia to learn from Tom Crean because he coached Victor Oladipo and Dwayne Wade... It's safe to assume his head is in the right place..

Would y'all be interested in something around Conley/our 1st for Wiggins/GS 1st? Conley would have to go to a third team to send pieces to GS (PHI with Horford/Richardson?)

really hope this doesnt happen. I want to see at least one full season of Wiggins with Steph and Klay

It's very unlikely that he's going to be available with a 2nd round pick. Full-sized wings with ball skills have significant value. So what you're saying is that you wouldn't pick him.

I guess so. So here is where I'm at with him...

Positives
- I like his passing vision and creativity
- I like that he has active hands on defense
- His shot form looks okay
- His frame should be able to fill out a little more
- He's playing against good competition at a young age.

Negatives
- Not a good athlete
- His lack of speed or quickness is made worse by a lack of strength. I don't really see him blowing by or bodying anyone in the NBA.
- He is afraid of contact on both ends of the floor
- His shot looks decent but it doesn't go in
- He doesn't rebound... at all
- While he has shown good playmaking potential he also turns it over a lot which is concerning
- I don't know who he guards in the NBA or if he even can guard anyone. He's too slow to guard PG's and too weak to guard Wings.

Overall I don't know what his role is on the floor for a team. His best asset is the playmaking potential. But a team isn't going to put the ball in his hands to create for others if he can't make an outside shot or get into the lane.

He's a big time development project in my eyes. Probably needs multiple years in the gleague or overseas in hopes he develops a lot more. I just don't see the first round value in that when the ceiling is limited.

I guess so. So here is where I'm at with him...

Positives
- I like his passing vision and creativity
- I like that he has active hands on defense
- His shot form looks okay
- His frame should be able to fill out a little more
- He's playing against good competition at a young age.

Negatives
- Not a good athlete
- His lack of speed or quickness is made worse by a lack of strength. I don't really see him blowing by or bodying anyone in the NBA.
- He is afraid of contact on both ends of the floor
- His shot looks decent but it doesn't go in
- He doesn't rebound... at all
- While he has shown good playmaking potential he also turns it over a lot which is concerning
- I don't know who he guards in the NBA or if he even can guard anyone. He's too slow to guard PG's and too weak to guard Wings.

Overall I don't know what his role is on the floor for a team. His best asset is the playmaking potential. But a team isn't going to put the ball in his hands to create for others if he can't make an outside shot or get into the lane.

He's a big time development project in my eyes. Probably needs multiple years in the gleague or overseas in hopes he develops a lot more. I just don't see the first round value in that when the ceiling is limited.

I disagree with much of what you've said here. I see him as a guy who guards 1s and 2s, possibly 3s. He's a good athlete with good end-to-end speed, quick feet, loose hips, and good lateral quickness. You can see this with his on-ball and ball-denial defense. He doesn't have a quick first step off the dribble, and he's not vertically explosive, but he'll be an adequate athlete. He's lighter and quicker than, say, Cedi Osman, and he's markedly quicker than Troy Brown Jr.

His shooting is a question mark, but given his competitiveness and love for the game, I think it's a good bet he'll work that out. He's already showing good touch on mid-range pull-ups and has shown improvement with his deep spot-ups. He's a year or two away from contributing, but you can say that about nearly every 19 year-old.

Depending on who else is on the board, I think he's a good pick in the 19-24 range. ESPN has him at #22 currently, both on their Big Board and in their latest mock. Quin loves wings who can run pick-and-roll (Ingles/Hayward), and Bolmaro would fit in nicely with what the Jazz like to do.

Someone is going to draft him in the 1st round.

Grant Riller does Kyrie stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st round.

I would be.... He turned 23 in February... When was the last time a player that age was selected in the first??

****, was it Grayson Allen?

Last edited:
Rivals final 2020 rankings are out and Josh Hall, who's in this draft, sits at #21 and is classified a 5-star prospect.

Grant Riller does Kyrie stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st round.

He should go in the first round. Dude is a stud. Defensive effort level comes and goes and his playmaking is just okay. But dude can get his own shot. He's a really good shot creator and finisher. High IQ too.

Precious Achiuwa has a lot of the traits the Jazz could use. 6'9, long arms, he's a fantastic athlete, his motor runs hot at all times, he's agile enough to switch on the perimeter defensively, finishes well above the rim. He's the type of guy who could help us against small ball lineups as a 4/5. He doesn't make the best decisions offensively but maybe our staff could help get it out of him.

Precious Achiuwa has a lot of the traits the Jazz could use. 6'9, long arms, he's a fantastic athlete, his motor runs hot at all times, he's agile enough to switch on the perimeter defensively, finishes well above the rim. He's the type of guy who could help us against small ball lineups as a 4/5. He doesn't make the best decisions offensively but maybe our staff could help get it out of him.

I think he's a backup defensive big who will probably have to play at the 5. He can guard multiple positions, but his lack of shooting and ball skills relegates him to the 5, similar to Favors or Montrez Harrell, imo. The Jazz could probably turn him into a roll finisher.

I think he's a backup defensive big who will probably have to play at the 5. He can guard multiple positions, but his lack of shooting and ball skills relegates him to the 5, similar to Favors or Montrez Harrell, imo. The Jazz could probably turn him into a roll finisher.

bro how much college ball did you actually watch this season? cuz the timestamps on this thread and its pages tell an odd story...

The average college fan who doesnt really watch the early season or even conference play who then crams for the tourney, which probably describes a vast majority of college basketball fans, is gonna be extra clueless this year...

bro how much college ball did you actually watch this season? cuz the timestamps on this thread and its pages tell an odd story...

I didn't have time to watch much college bball during the season. I'm checking out the players now as I get geeked out about the draft. There's plenty of game tape on youtube, obviously, and it doesn't take long to see what a player can do and can't do.

The average college fan who doesnt really watch the early season or even conference play who then crams for the tourney, which probably describes a vast majority of college basketball fans, is gonna be extra clueless this year...

I agree but not falling in love with the guy who had a big game in the tournament might properly skew judgement to make them inadvertently clued in.

I don't have a lot of guys I hate or love this draft... just please Jazz don't take an average backup center.

I just look at the Jazz roster at the SF/PF/C positions and I feel like we could use a guy who provides athleticism, size, defensive versatility.

That's why I'm high on the idea of guys like Paul Reed and Precious Achiuwa. They can compliment the roster we already have by providing a different element. They are better and more versatile defenders than Bogey. They are bigger than Royce. They are more athletic than Joe. They are more mobile than Tony Bradley. I feel like they shown enough of a raw ability to shoot that you could get away with putting them next to Rudy situationally if they continue development. If they were to pan out the way they project they would make an impact on this roster because they bring something different that we could really use. Ya know what I mean?