What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

How about this latest CBS mock? Okongwu going 2nd!

I doubt that Pokusevski slips out of the first round. The Jazz would also be more likely to trade up for Williams than trade back for Dotson. Whoever did this mock is a Celtics fan who want to bring in Riller as a bench scorer they sorely need.

Last edited:
Jalen Smith is really interesting. I hope he's someone we are eyeballing. Smallball 5 with some shooting and shotblocking. Surprised he is mocked a bit higher. He might be able to survive 5-10 minutes alongside Rudy and provide the change of pace center we want.

What I like about that mock is its very far off the consensus we've been seeing on the bigs..

With the one exception really being Precious Achuwia... which should be a surprise to no one..

How much do we value a player who has the potential ability to guard the LeBrons, Kawhis, Ingrams, Siakams and Tatums of the world?

The top 20 prospects in this class IMO. No particular order (that will come later when I post a complete big board). There are others I like. But these are the guys I would be willing to bet on making an impact in the league (ranging from all star to rotation player)... or in some instances are at least high value gambles worth taking the shot on .

Lamelo Ball
Killian Hayes
Kira Lewis Jr
Devon Dotson
Grant Riller
Tyrese Haliburton
Tyrell Terry
Anthony Edwards
Devin Vassell
Isaac Okoro
Deni Avdija
Aaron Nesmith
Elijah Hughes
Onyeka Okongwu
James Wiseman
Jalen Smith
Aleksej Pokusevski
Obidiah Toppin
Precious Achiuwa
Paul Reed

I would prefer the Jazz draft someone on this list obvs.

Last edited:

I wonder if he gets drafted... names been thrown around for many many drafts now. last year of eligibility. still skinny. long and mobile...

Its said he made a really high % of his open 3pters this year..

I kinda hope he ends up in the g-league next season instead of stashed overseas. regardless of his future path i think it'd do him good.

Definitely should be drafted imo. Late first-mid second. One of the best three point shooting bigs in the class. He passes up a lot of threes though. Not sure if it's a coaching thing or an unwillingness to shoot. He needs to up his volume though. Should be able too over time. More than just a shooter too.

Last edited:
So Makur Maker just committed to Howard... (which is an HBCU for those unaware).. I wish the best for him... this decision seems wonky/gimmicky to me tho...

Definitely should be drafted imo. Late first-mid second. One of the best three point shooting bigs in the class. He passes up a lot of threes though. Not sure if it's a coaching thing or an unwillingness to shoot. He needs to up his volume though. Should be able too over time. More than just a shooter too.
I havent seen him much this year, was always very concerned with his overall feel for the game tho, thats why i'd be floored if he goes in the 1st...

he was in one of the big summer events summers back(hoop summit?) and had to go up against top rated american prospects, and looked completely bewildered out there..

Really wish we got to see what Corey Kispert would've done in the tourney... I think it's pretty reasonable to assume he'd have boosted his stock some..

A 6'7" shooter who hits 44% of his 3s and has enough athleticism to attack close-outs and hold his own on defense has a lot of value in today's league. He's already like a sightly more athletic Joe Harris, imo, and he's got a little more ceiling than that. It looks as though he might get picked up outside the top 45. Nice value-pick for a high-gravity shooter.

Last edited:
A 6'7" shooter who hits 44% of his 3s and has enough athleticism to attack close-outs and hold his own on defense has a lot of value in today's league. He's already like a sightly more athletic Joe Harris, imo, and he's got a little more ceiling than that. It looks as though he might get picked up outside the top 45. Nice value-pick for a high-gravity shooter.

Joe HArris is an interesting comparison point, especially in the sense of how he related to the other wings in that 2014 class. ... lot of big reaches for homerun talent picks went of the board before harris, looking back even Rodney Hood was a slight reach..... could soemthing like that happen with Kispert?

I dont think Kispert's really got a ceiling higher than the level Harris has been playing at recently.. If I did I'd easily be vouching for him with the 1st rd pick....

Will be interested to hear how he shoots it for teams in private workouts. probably lights out..

Last edited:
I highly doubt that it happens, but if by some miracle of god Pokusevski is available when the Jazz pick they pretty much have to take him.

Y'all remember when some writer said "Thon Maker has more upside than Apple stock in the 80's" ... that **** is still the funniest player comparison i've ever heard