What's new

Former Jazz players around the league

HermanG

I have less faith in DM + DG than KAT + Rudy as a working duo, but I still think Cleveland will go further with their group. Minnys issues go way beyond their bigs not meshing.

Its almost every time when you combine 2 guys who want to bounce and drive a lot, they become less than the sum of their parts. Either 1 or both has to change their game for it to work.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
Royce just recorded a triple double and put the winning basket ( offensive rebound) and KD miss.
- Just after KD make another drama queen performance in media stating that players around him were not good enough...sometimes, you should just shut up.....
- Still a mystery for me how we could not make it last 2 years when i see performances this year of our traded players in their new team. Royce play quite well, Bodga, Don and Rudy well too. This failure will always remain a mystery for me....

HermanG

Also KD missed a clutch FT and gave Nurkic And-1 when they were up 3.

KD had a good game, but almost imploded them in the clutch.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot about the turnover via offensive foul he took when they were inbounding at 30 sec mark.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Royce just recorded a triple double and put the winning basket ( offensive rebound) and KD miss.
- Just after KD make another drama queen performance in media stating that players around him were not good enough...sometimes, you should just shut up.....
- Still a mystery for me how we could not make it last 2 years when i see performances this year of our traded players in their new team. Royce play quite well, Bodga, Don and Rudy well too. This failure will always remain a mystery for me....
I think on point 3 it was the coach holding everyone back. Look how Conley and Clarkson seem to have a new spark of life in them this season. I think a good chunk of that was coaching. I think Snyder was too rigid and stifled on-court creativity, which the players want.

Also, Royce got a triple double, and that is awesome, but he also went something like 5-14 from the field and 1-7 from 3. Had to make up for that somewhere I guess.

Again, I think Snyder held Royce back in the last couple of years, with a rigid system that made him second-guess himself a lot and therefore avoid taking shots. Glad to have a more free-flowing coach that allows players to play the game, and doesn't make it a hyper-complex chess game in which the players are only 80% certain what they are supposed to be doing.

HermanG

This is weird. I just watched few Nets games on fast forward and it almost looked like they play Royce as a switch up point guard, and he looks awesome with his 3 pointers and dimes. Lmao.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Crazy to get in double digits in both points and rebounds all in the same moment you hit the game winner.

cowhide

How does Rudy get zero shots in 31 minutes? Talk about freezing a guy out. There is trouble in Minnesota.

homeytennis

Just in from the interwebs: In Australia, 6’7” – 250, 26 year old, former College of Charleston forward Jarrell Brantley led the New Zeland Breakers to a 116-79 win over the Brisbane Bullets, In 24 minutes he had 29 points, hitting 13-19 from the field, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists with a GAME RATING of 35.