What's new

Frankie Smokes. Who says No?

Everybody thinks Jazz need to get some wing defenders
Is Frankie a true wing defender?

Nitilikina is a great defender, but he’s atrocious offensively and I hate to have a fringe veteran come in and take minutes from Butler, possibly stunting his development.

You almost have to shut down all five guys on the other team when you are as bad as he’s been offensively.

At the end of Chasing Amy, Ben Afleck suggests a solution to repairing the relationship between the three main characters, but they don’t go through with it. Could Frankie Smokes come in and facilitate this transaction for Rudy and Don?

Nitilikina is a great defender, but he’s atrocious offensively and I hate to have a fringe veteran come in and take minutes from Butler, possibly stunting his development.

You almost have to shut down all five guys on the other team when you are as bad as he’s been offensively.
My guess is Quin likes Butler and he’d see burn. Smokes would hopefully play the way we envisioned Shaq would.

Totally agree but can’t he take Oni’s minutes instead? I guess I don’t see him taking any of Butlers backup mins really in my scenario.

My mindset with him is he has a real NBA skill. Even if he never really cracks the rotation, having him in place of one of our 4-5 end of bench guys who don’t have a single proven skill, is a bench upgrade.

Our end of bench is just not NBA level guys. We should fix that.

My mindset with him is he has a real NBA skill. Even if he never really cracks the rotation, having him in place of one of our 4-5 end of bench guys who don’t have a single proven skill, is a bench upgrade.

Our end of bench is just not NBA level guys. We should fix that.
We need to end the developmental non-sense and get guys with one or two dimensions that are pretty good to play situationally. No sense in keeping a bunch of G Leaguers who won’t ever play minutes even if we needed some.

I love the feeling of looking at a player you’ve never been interested and the blast of euphoria you get as a group narrative changes and you’re along getting high on the fumes. It’s some good stuff that sustains a lot of pain in sports.

We need to end the developmental non-sense and get guys with one or two dimensions that are pretty good to play situationally. No sense in keeping a bunch of G Leaguers who won’t ever play minutes even if we needed some.
Every word of this

I guess I have to counter people saying he’s just a guard; isn’t he like 2” taller than Royce and as good’a defender? Admittedly he doesn’t shoot the 3 nearly as well but I would see him as a min guy you have as a dog defender on 1-3, if needed, deeper in the roster.

From a site I often use for this (Google):

“Ntilinka’s height was measured at 6’6 with a 7’1″ wingspan last summer at the FIBA World Cup”
I would rather have him than give minutes to Oni.

This move will kill the DM haters who are predicting DM will sign with the Knicks. You know who you are?

especially considering the fact that the ceilings for those G leaguers are FA/vet min guys that are readily available.