What's new

Frankie Smokes. Who says No?

If it's Oni or Frank...I honestly do not care. Oni is probably a better shooter, but Frank is actually a good defender. Was underwhelmed with I saw from Oni on defense last year but his shot did look nice when it went in. Don't know if we have the roster spots for both.

After watching his defensive plays, I am all in on this guy. Just want the Jazz need. I do not know how he gets minutes but he can have Oni minutes and then if he produces he can earn more. Dude has long arms and moves his feet. He had a ton of steals which the Jazz rarely get.

He shot worse than Matty Ice last season.
we do not need him for his shooting. It is not like he is going to play 30 minutes. We need him to guard guys who are torching us. Dennis Rodman couldn't shoot either but his defense impacted the team. I am not comparing him to Dennis Rodman. Just showing that defensive can be part of the winning combination. Jazz have plenty of shooters and to few defenders.

I agree with the idea that the Jazz need to upgrade their bench and the end of bench guys too. Remember we have two short PGs. Both got hurt last year so having depth helps. Besides Frank can guard 1-3 so we can put him on a guy who would normally torch us. If he plays beyond what any of us can dream then we have the ability to trade one of our other player or him for some more assets. Worse case scenario is he is insurance if any of our top guys go down. We also know he is an NBA player even though a flawed one.

We need a couple of guys where we can put them in after a timeout when we ABSOLUTELY need a stop. Gobert is one. Donovan can be. Maybe Royce? Feel confident about any other defenders in a last second “game on the line” situation? Jazz need to try to find a couple of them.

Watch his three possessions of defense against Harden here:

I seem to remember a guy securing $30M because he had a stretch of defense on Harden like that.

I am a huge Frank N fan. Go ot give the tax payer MLE and frank the min that would still leave 1 spot left to fill, assuming the jazz have 14.

Conley, Butler, Frank N
Mitchell, Clarkson, Oni??
O'Neale, Ingles, Hughes
Bogey, OPJ
Gobert, Doke

Just need a 4/5 for bench help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

When talking about Frank we need to think about Shaq.

Does he have enough skills to play the 2 or 3?

If Quin puts him at the point we know how it worked out for Shaq.

I don't think Frank Ntilikina would play much. Frank would be 3rd-string at either the 1 or 2 and would only get situational minutes when someone else is out of the lineup.

This is a guy who got pushed out of NY's lineup by Elfrid Payton.

With Butler, we don't need Frank to play the point

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
yes, but is Frank skilled enough to play the 2 or 3? Like hitting corner 3's and baseline cutters? Oni could at least hit a few open 3's from time to time. A guy who doesn't offer you anything offensively would basically end his Jazz career the same way Shaq did.

If we didn't draft Butler, I do believe Frank would do a better job at the point than Shaq. But now that Butler is here, I just don't see how Quin could fit Frank into the lineup.

“Ntilinka’s height was measured at 6’6 with a 7’1″ wingspan last summer at the FIBA World Cup”
Frank's also listed officially at 6-4. I suspect he decreased from 6-6 to 6-4 at the same time Royce did (when the NBA decided to do official without-shoes measurements). I doubt he's taller than Royce.

Longer (wingspan)? Yes. But I wouldn't trust him to guard "up" the same way Royce can because of his lack of strength.

I mean, I just don’t see him as a 1 only. I think he could play spot minutes at 3 positions.

Again, not in any way advocating for rotation minutes at all. This is increasing bench quality with a guy that can play, situationally, at multiple positions.

Would he get better PT options elsewhere? **** if I know, I’m not his agent.

Frank's also listed officially at 6-4. I suspect he decreased from 6-6 to 6-4 at the same time Royce did (when the NBA decided to do official without-shoes measurements). I doubt he's taller than Royce.

Longer (wingspan)? Yes. But I wouldn't trust him to guard "up" the same way Royce can because of his lack of strength.
Royce is def stronger/thicker.

I would say for what he lacks in size vs Royce, he makes up for it with actual better defense