What's new

Free AB

Can we please put him back in the cage?

He didn’t play bad. 17 minutes. 6 rebounds (was leading the whole team while in the 4th quarter), zero turnovers, 3 assists and some good defense. Only player besides Neto to be a positive in the plus/minus stat.
His shots didn’t fall. That’s the only negative.

He didn’t play bad. 17 minutes. 6 rebounds (was leading the whole team while in the 4th quarter), zero turnovers, 3 assists and some good defense. Only player besides Neto to be a positive in the plus/minus stat.
His shots didn’t fall. That’s the only negative.
He took some bad shots, but you are right, he didnt play that badly. He was great in transition and his man to man defense was OK. I think he missed some rotations in the first half, but a lot of the team did. And his rebounding is pretty huge against a team that shoots a lot of 3's (a lot of long rebounds where you need strong guard rebounding).

Reactions: MVP
He took some bad shots, but you are right, he didnt play that badly. He was great in transition and his man to man defense was OK. I think he missed some rotations in the first half, but a lot of the team did. And his rebounding is pretty huge against a team that shoots a lot of 3's (a lot of long rebounds where you need strong guard rebounding).
If he were Harden, he would've gone to the foul line several more times than he did.

If he were Harden, he would've gone to the foul line several more times than he did.
If Harden played like Burks did, he wouldnt get calls either. Burks is basically the polar opposite of Harden when it comes to thinking about how to get to the line.

If Harden played like Burks did, he wouldnt get calls either. Burks is basically the polar opposite of Harden when it comes to thinking about how to get to the line.
That's not what I said, is it? I meant, to make it more clear, if Harden got the contact Burks did on those drives, he would've gotten the calls. It was hard to tell but it looked like Nene got Burks at least with the body on two of those blocks. Of course, it's hard to tell watching it on TV. I saw one where Ingles slapped at the ball and it didn't look like he hit Harden but may have touched the ball, real ticky-tacky and they called a foul.

That's not what I said, is it? I meant, to make it more clear, if Harden got the contact Burks did on those drives, he would've gotten the calls. It was hard to tell but it looked like Nene got Burks at least with the body on two of those blocks. Of course, it's hard to tell watching it on TV. I saw one where Ingles slapped at the ball and it didn't look like he hit Harden but may have touched the ball, real ticky-tacky and they called a foul.
He wouldnt though. That's not how Harden drives. The times Harden drove out of control to the rim, he didnt get calls. Harden gets calls by getting his defender off balance and then tricking them into a foul as they attempt to recover.

And Ingles definitely fouled Harden on that play you're talking about. He hit his elbow. It was a really dumb foul by Harden.

And Ingles definitely fouled Harden on that play you're talking about. He hit his elbow. It was a really dumb foul by Harden.
I think you meant ingles at the end there and yes, definite foul and easy call.

He wouldnt though. That's not how Harden drives. The times Harden drove out of control to the rim, he didnt get calls. Harden gets calls by getting his defender off balance and then tricking them into a foul as they attempt to recover.

I watched it on NBC, so maybe you saw it from a different angle. It was ticky-tacky from what I could see, if we're talking about the one along the baseline -- didn't see him hit his elbow -- and it was a bad foul by Ingles because the shot clock was about to expire.