What's new

Free AB

I do think that last night's game was avoidable by making about 5 more shots. We went into junk mode and missed 15 out of 16 three pointers. I think that Quin could have put AB and Neto in for a few minutes to freshen up the starters and get a change of pace. You can't fault Quin for trusting his guys, but when all else fails, try something...

AB could have been our hero last night IMHO. Even if he isn't the guy moving forward for the Jazz.

Achem. Cough Cough *inspiredquinsnyder* Cough

Do you guys thing AB is in the rotation for the Houston series now?
He's definitely earned some minutes. I think though it depends on how well he plays when he gets his next chance. Don't know about Exum though. It might depend on whether or not Ricky will play. In any case, I think Donovan and Jingling can hold down the fort. It might be better to rest Ricky for the first game to let him heal -- we're playing in Houston and it's more important that he's healthy by the time the series shifts to Utah.

AB works well when all he is asked to do it try to score the ball. If he has to work within the flow of an offense or make actual basketball decisions he is a disaster, but if all you say is "hey when you get the ball, get it in the hole somehow" he does ok at that, especially if he is set up for it, like as a catch and shoot or on a cut. But his BBIQ is so low he just cannot function in the system and when he is the ball-handler more often than not things end up in worse crap than when Crowder has the ball.

He played okay defense too... like I thought he’d get smoked. I don’t know that he’s a great one on one player but he can get his shot off which was something we needed. He nailed those corner threes doe and didn’t hesitate... it was big.

The best play of the night for him was the and 1 that he got... attacked off the pass from a good angle.

Andy Larsen had a tweet about attention NBA GMs AB has so and such points... like we will sell him right now for free... kind of a dick move... he tends to really be hard on AB and I’m done with it... like when he does something good in a playoff game after not being in the rotation maybe just say nice things not indicate we’d love to be done with this guys contract.

He played okay defense too... like I thought he’d get smoked. I don’t know that he’s a great one on one player but he can get his shot off which was something we needed. He nailed those corner threes doe and didn’t hesitate... it was big.

The best play of the night for him was the and 1 that he got... attacked off the pass from a good angle.

Andy Larsen had a tweet about attention NBA GMs AB has so and such points... like we will sell him right now for free... kind of a dick move... he tends to really be hard on AB and I’m done with it... like when he does something good in a playoff game after not being in the rotation maybe just say nice things not indicate we’d love to be done with this guys contract.

I thought his defense was better than ok last night. Small sample though.
Nice to see him making the correct rotations defensively (something he struggles with) and had minimal ball watching issues.

I thought his defense was better than ok last night. Small sample though.
Nice to see him making the correct rotations defensively (something he struggles with) and had minimal ball watching issues.

I did too but thought someone would bring up a rotation he missed that I didn’t catch.