What's new

Free agency rumors updates

Neither Thompson nor Green are legit MVP candidates. They got 2.

I view Green as one. Elite interior and perimeter defender. Elite passer for his position. Good shooter. Were he on a team focused on him, he's a legit Trimble-drouble threat.

Maybe people wouldn't vote for him bc they don't care about defense, but I would.

Now that Hill's market value is lower than he expected, he wants to stay in Utah?? I don't want him with the Jazz anymore and I'm bit fed up with Hayward always setting similar conditions to stay with the Jazz. Hill is not a difference maker.

I view Green as one. Elite interior and perimeter defender. Elite passer for his position. Good shooter. Were he on a team focused on him, he's a legit Trimble-drouble threat.

Maybe people wouldn't vote for him bc they don't care about defense, but I would.

Ya, he's not tho. What are the chances Green ever wins MVP? One in a billion? A trillion? Not really a legit MVP candidate.

If GSW lose one of their main 2 guys, we would have a legit chance at competing (if fully healthy).

Looks like Woj is now done with the Vertical/Yahoo and is waiting til midnight ET to break news again.

Live look into the Vertical offices this afternoon:

23361430-Coworkers-Getting-Bored-At-Presentation-In-The-Office-Stock-Photo.jpg

It helps, but very little. They have 3 legit MVP candidates on their team. We'd need a miracle.
Agreed. Loosing iggy doesn't change much. We can hope that him not even meeting with them means there is some internal strife/conflict but that is simply wishful thinking.

Ya, he's not tho. What are the chances Green ever wins MVP? One in a billion? A trillion? Not really a legit MVP candidate.

If GSW lose one of their main 2 guys, we would have a legit chance at competing (if fully healthy).

We'll just have to disagree.

Say they lost Durant. That same team won 73 games in a season. I don't see us giving g them much of a challenge.

I think the Jazz will inquire about Danilo Gallinari in free agency regardless of Hayward's decision. They'll likely need to dump a contract or two to do it, however.

This is just my own personal opinion and sheer speculation on my part, but I'll bet one reason that Dante Exum is participating in a few Summer League games this next week is so that a few teams can get a look at him, in case it factors into a trade scenarios.

There is still a potential deal floating out there that Eric Bledsoe and Paul George could end up in Cleveland. Indiana, Cleveland and Phoenix were looking for a team to take Kevin Love. That was a deal that involved Denver before the draft, but now Denver is going another direction and pursuing Paul Millsap in free agency. Utah could participate, but Indiana would have to want to take back a player like Dante Exum as part of the package.

I thought that about Exum, too. But I think DL has to make his move tomorrow or Sunday- before he meets with Hayward.

This is just my own personal opinion and sheer speculation on my part, but I'll bet one reason that Dante Exum is participating in a few Summer League games this next week is so that a few teams can get a look at him, in case it factors into a trade scenarios.

There is still a potential deal floating out there that Eric Bledsoe and Paul George could end up in Cleveland. Indiana, Cleveland and Phoenix were looking for a team to take Kevin Love. That was a deal that involved Denver before the draft, but now Denver is going another direction and pursuing Paul Millsap in free agency. Utah could participate, but Indiana would have to want to take back a player like Dante Exum as part of the package.
I still think Favor's or Hood are really likely to get traded. Especially since reports are that Jazz will match for Ingles who will be offered 14 or 15 million by Orlando. That's starter money. We can't pay Hood that much or more. We also are probably losing Favor's for nothing unless we trade him.

Jazz seem to be really high on Exum.

I still think Favor's or Hood are really likely to get traded. Especially since reports are that Jazz will match for Ingles who will be offered 14 or 15 million by Orlando. That's starter money. We can't pay Hood that much or more. We also are probably losing Favor's for nothing unless we trade him.

Jazz seem to be really high on Exum.

The Jazz are high on Exum, but they may not yet believe in him as a point guard, and they're even more high on Donovan Mitchell as a combo guard. If Indiana goes into a re-build and likes Exum, he could be part of a deal for Kevin Love. Everyone knows Exum's talent level. The question is Exum's development.

I thought that about Exum, too. But I think DL has to make his move tomorrow or Sunday- before he meets with Hayward.

Not necessarily. Hayward has to know what deals the Jazz are planning to make. Hayward doesn't render his decision until the 7th, I believe.

Walt Perrin was bragging on Trey Lyles two weeks ago and his ability to get into the lane. How did that end up for Trey?

Exum is ours, but he is an attractive piece. If we paired Exum and Favors to pick up Kevin Love to pair alongside Gordon Hayward, Rudy Gobert, Juan Stockton, and J'ingles/Donovan Mitchell/Hood/Burks/Joe Jesus...

That's just a party! I just sploooooooged my trap sap all over someone's car window.

The same goes for Blake Griffin. I still think Griffin or Love would be amazing! On top of that, Rubio played with Love in the past. Yeah, remember that? When Kevin Love actually looked like a bonafide All Star? It's called the Juan Stockton effect. I wonder just how much the Wolves drop off without their setup man. That offense minus the playmaker is going to go more ISO. The Jazz ran more ISO than most teams and we weren't the most effective doing it. Think of how that will bolster OUR offense with or without another piece.

I am still splooooooging that tree sap.

Rubio/Hood/Hayward/Ingles/Gobert
Exum/Mitchell/FA/Johnson/Favors

That's a really good lineup. Can matchup switching Ingles, Johnson, and Favors (if he's not traded) really easily. Pick up a decent wing in FA if we keep Favors, if we trade Favors, pick up Mike Muscala.