What's new

Free Alec Burks

Or they could...you know....play him.

Why would they play him just for the sake of playing him? I'd rather see the Jazz sucker someone else into making him their special product.

I would have a different opinion if the kid showed even a remote propensity for learning basketball. His bbiq is about as low as they come.

It's kind of true, even though I like the kid. They're just killing Burk's career anyway.

How are they?

Why would they play him just for the sake of playing him? I'd rather see the Jazz sucker someone else into making him their special product.

I would have a different opinion if the kid showed even a remote propensity for learning basketball. His bbiq is about as low as they come.

There are plenty of athletes in the NBA that can put their head down and attack the rim. For some reason JF thinks Alec is something rare, just needing to be unleashed. I dont see it.

There are plenty of athletes in the NBA that can put their head down and attack the rim. For some reason JF thinks Alec is something rare, just needing to be unleashed. I dont see it.

Other than Hayward who can do it on the Jazz that isn't a big?

I dont think most jazzfanz really have any idea what to think of him (other than you and frank who think he just sucks).

Most of us would just like to see him in rotation so we can see what exactly he is or isn't.

Wes matthews was a guy nobody wanted, then was given a chance and turned into a good player..... same with demarre carroll and im sure you can find countless other guys who were sitting on the bench and then once they got a chance showed that they could be a good player..... most of us just want burks to get that chance.

Too bad he has an allstar like foye playing in front of him though.

As far as the whole "put his head down and attack the rim" thing, the jazz organization itself has said many times that they believe he has point guard skills and in fact have played him in that postion in preseason and summer league, so apparently they didn't think he was so one dimensional.

Look back and you'll see the same people calling for Sloan's head and now Corbins. They're the same people who wanted more Fesenko, CJ Miles, Mo. Almond. Same people who think Burks can play a position he has no skills for (point guard). You'd think they'd notice the trend.

That's not the point - nobody is saying to just throw him out there for 35mpg and live with the results.

Yeah Burks made plenty of bone head plays (mostly on defense) last season but he also showed some promise. He played in the summer league (which he didn't have to do) and came to camp prepared. He obviously worked on his jumper and increased his range and his performances in the preseason reflected that.

In other words, the kid went from Point A to Point B and got better. Now to bench a lottery pick after that is questionable. To bench a lottery pick for the sake of playing Randy ****ing Foye is just plain retarded.

Corbin loves to talk about what a deep team he has. He doesn't have a deep team. What he currently has is a group of starters that are only slightly better than his group of bench players; which creates the appearance of them being "deep" To find ZERO minutes for Burks among this team of somewhat decent to mediocre players is a failure on management's part - plain and simple.

Look back and you'll see the same people calling for Sloan's head and now Corbins. They're the same people who wanted more Fesenko, CJ Miles, Mo. Almond. Same people who think Burks can play a position he has no skills for (point guard). You'd think they'd notice the trend.

I dont remember anybody thinking mo almond should play alot..... a few liked cj, but not very many.
On fesenko you may be correct. (although most people just wanted fesenko to play instead of jarron collins, or francisco elson)

Also i dont think anyone on jazz fanz thinks burks can play point guard.... Corbin and the jazz front office were the ones saying that he could.

Hayward is more effective as a 2-guard using his size and athleticism. Carroll is playing well and is more effective as a small forward. Unless Burks is ready to make the leap into the starting line-up ahead of Foye, I think the Hayward/Carroll combination is what's keeping Burks on the bench. That said, I don't expect Foye to be here next year, and Burks will get more minutes as a result. It took Ronnie Brewer a while to get steady minutes. I think Burks is in the same situation.

I'd like to see him there. I don't know if he can play there or not, but I'd like to find out.

I'd like to see him there too, just to see him on the court, but i dont think he would be very effective running the point..... IMO he is a true SG.

Most of us would just like to see him in rotation so we can see what exactly he is or isn't.

We don't have to lose Foye either to see Burks. We can get rid of Watson(or Tinsley), and let Foye have the back up PG mins.
It's the best of both worlds. I don't think losing Tinsley or Watson will hurt us.

Hayward is more effective as a 2-guard using his size and athleticism. Carroll is playing well and is more effective as a small forward. Unless Burks is ready to make the leap into the starting line-up ahead of Foye, I think the Hayward/Carroll combination is what's keeping Burks on the bench. That said, I don't expect Foye to be here next year, and Burks will get more minutes as a result. It took Ronnie Brewer a while to get steady minutes. I think Burks is in the same situation.

Will it be too late is the question. And why go with Foye so much? What on earth does Corbin see in him giving him 30 mins some nights?
I don't get it.

Will it be too late is the question. And why go with Foye so much? What on earth does Corbin see in him giving him 30 mins some nights?
I don't get it.

Makes no sense. We've followed this pattern since Fisher. We let these guys play WAY too long. What Foye has brought to the team year has been very important and is the only guy on the team I really trust knocking down a good look at 3. That said 15-20 minutes a night should be plenty to have him come in and gun 4-5 three's hopefully making half. Also regarding Catchall Brewer started just about his entire 2nd season if I remember correctly and Burks IMO has more potential yet he's buried.

Makes no sense. We've followed this pattern since Fisher. We let these guys play WAY too long. What Foye has brought to the team year has been very important and is the only guy on the team I really trust knocking down a good look at 3. That said 15-20 minutes a night should be plenty to have him come in and gun 4-5 three's hopefully making half. Also regarding Catchall Brewer started just about his entire 2nd season if I remember correctly and Burks IMO has more potential yet he's buried.

and thats the thing. I want Foye to play. The kid plays hard, is a solid passer, and is our best 3 pt shooter.
I just dont get why Burks has to get shafted. We could have both of them out there.

and thats the thing. I want Foye to play. The kid plays hard, is a solid passer, and is our best 3 pt shooter.
I just dont get why Burks has to get shafted. We could have both of them out there.

Who knows, maybe the kid has an attitude problem. maybe he has a health problem. maybe he isnt getting the offence, maybe he isnt a team player, maybe he picks on enes, maybe he is out of control, maybe he smokes or uses iligal drugs, maybe he is a partyer and dosnet want to follow the FOs rules. maybe he has said " i dont want to be a jazz man" we may never know. i think the kid deserves to show his skills a few minute a game. i think these DNPs piling up are retarted.. he was pretty high in the draft, just for that he deserves more, he ahs earned atleast a chance to put his stamp on the game. even if he ends up in the d-leauge, give burks a chance.

Why doesn't the media question Corbin on this? It seems most everyone is in a quandary about the Burks situation. Have they talked it about on local sports radio?