What's new

Free Alec Burks

As far as the whole "put his head down and attack the rim" thing, the jazz organization itself has said many times that they believe he has point guard skills and in fact have played him in that postion in preseason and summer league, so apparently they didn't think he was so one dimensional.

Maybe they are just saying that so Alec will work on his ball handling and passing, because I have yet to see him do anything that even closely resembles point guard play.

Why doesn't the media question Corbin on this? It seems most everyone is in a quandary about the Burks situation. Have they talked it about on local sports radio?

The only thing I recall is early on in the season when it was obvious his role was taking a hit. He was asked about Burks, and said Alec had worked hard all offseason, had a good camp, and that he deserved to play. I believe the next game he came in early, and actually played a little. Then went back to not playing at all.

Maybe they are just saying that so Alec will work on his ball handling and passing, because I have yet to see him do anything that even closely resembles point guard play.

I agree completely... he is a true shooting guard and the jazz trying to make him into a point guard is just another bad decision in a long line of bad decision in alec burks development.

If I'm coaching, Foye plays 20 minutes a night. He has the full green light, and I try to get him 6 3-pnt attempts in those 20 min. That's it. One-trick pony

We're past the point of no return with Burks, barring some injury to Foye or something. We'll never know what he could have been here. Maybe we'll find out on his second contract elsewhere.

Hell ****ing yeah he needs to play

Alright, the only way we're going to get rid of Foye and Jefferson is to propose a 8 team trade.

Now that the 3 point Jedi Master has missed 13 out of his last 17 attempts can we all realize that November was a fluke and Randy Foye will never shoot 3's at that rate again? Now that the one thing that he DID well has fallen back to the mediocrity that is the rest of him game can Burks maybe play a little bit?

As this team stands right now, they're a 44 win team at best. What exactly is being lost by giving Burks regular rotation minutes? The 7th seed instead of the 8th seed? Offending Randy Foye and not being able to sign him to the full mid level exception next year?

Did your little pet perform last night?

Better question is: how did YOUR little pets perform last night (jeffy and corbin)?

Did anybody notice how well Burks ran the pick and roll yesterday? He had some really good passes off the PnR to Kanter and Favors. Lately when Gordon runs it, he always swings the ball out to the 3 point line to reset the play but Burks is much more aggressive.

Yet another good performance from burks.

Did anybody notice how well Burks ran the pick and roll yesterday? He had some really good passes off the PnR to Kanter and Favors. Lately when Gordon runs it, he always swings the ball out to the 3 point line to reset the play but Burks is much more aggressive.

I noticed that... he should have had another 2 assists (one to kanter and one to favors) just from him getting into the paint and dishing off.
His defense has gotten alot better, and it doesn't seem like he has lost his knack for getting to the line...... it doesn't seem like anyone can defend him 1 on 1 and keep him out of the paint.

He needs to ****ing get minutes