What's new

Free Alec Burks

Alec has the ability and speed to take the ball wide into the basket and draw the +1 play. It also really is hard to defend as an opposing coach if the person taking it to the rim has decent speed and ball security and if opposing coaches use their weak side D to try stop it you leave a wide open 15ft jumper or 3 pt play. There is so many plays our coaches could draw up with this paint penetration (I think I'm probably over estimating their ability here). The Jazz so far this season have tried that with their starters and constantly being getting charges and or turnovers because they're not aware of what's around them and if it does go down, it's not been done with consistency.

Foye took it to the basket once (?) last night because he was mad he couldn't get his beloved 3 pt play up or a curl of an inbound pass (which gordon also showed he could hit last night). Alec needs to play more minutes right now, there is literally nothing worse than our 2-3 combo in the starting rotation this year once you add consistency into the mix, they have break out games but that gets you nowhere in the long run. Alec also has the ability to run some plays with a fast PnR with Favors or a pick and pop with Kanter/Favors, replace with Jefferson if Ty keeps going to vets for being vets sake, not all vets are created equally Ty (nor are contracts for vets - sigh)

Oh yeah Alec also has the ability to defend sometimes too which from everything I've seen of Foye this season is something that Foye needs to 'work' on. ('vets' - sigh). Alec is also decent at reading screens set from other teams and working around them before the target is hit with the ball. He needs to work a bit on his weak side D when he gets stuck on the weak side with a decent 3 pt shooter as his man but that's just a knowing your man sort of thing.

**** off, SK!

I can't ask questions when I don't watch a game?

I'm happy as hell for the Burks crowd right now. Asking for a highlight real is trolling? **** that.

So sorry, Citizen! I must have mistook you for the poster who was leaving sarcastic remarks on other threads. You can understand my confusion since you were theatrically paging someone to make a mix of Burks' 3 assists and then subsequently put him side by side with Kobe and Wade. Excuse those of us who have a difficult time telling when you are not busting everyone's balls since you do it constantly with regard to Burks. Glad to see your serious sensitive side. Except my deepest apologies.

So sorry, Citizen! I must have mistook you for the poster who was leaving sarcastic remarks on other threads. You can understand my confusion since you were theatrically paging someone to make a mix of Burks' 3 assists and then subsequently put him side by side with Kobe and Wade. Excuse those of us who have a difficult time telling when you are not busting everyone's balls since you do it constantly with regard to Burks. Glad to see your serious sensitive side. Except my deepest apologies.

That about sums it up... Frank is dick so often that its hard to tell when he is not playing that role.

A Christmas Present to all Burks lovers out there.

Merry #Burksmas

[video=youtube_share;BeKC99KpUeM]https://youtu.be/BeKC99KpUeM

Repped.

Burks is a badass

Is there a player out there who contorts his body the same way Burks does?

Probably, but not many.... One of the reasons i have been so pissed about him not playing is the fact that he is unique to our team... he does things no one else our team can do, and im sure that there are many times in games when we could have been using his talents but he is just sitting on the bench.

All this does is make me more mad at management for letting yet another young talent rot on our bench.

I think we've all just about had it.

Burks reminded me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he came into the league. Good defender, can drive and score in the paint, and doesn't have a good outside shot. It took Dwayne 3 seasons to put it all together, and that was with significant playing time. And even without a good jumper, Dwayne was an amazing player. I believe Burks has the physical capability, but his mental awareness will cause him to underachieve. Hayward is going to go to Boston according to a conversation I had with his Dad, but we have him for a while to change his mind.

This team is full of players that are just oozing with upside and I wish they'd play more (Kanter, Favors and Hayward). I think Corbin knows who he should be playing/developing, but I also think he's scared to do so, because if he gives those players more experience which will make the team better in the long run, but at the expense of losing now, it could cost him his job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Corbin knows who he should be playing/developing, but I also think he's scared to do so, because if he gives those players more experience which will make the team better in the long run, but at the expense of losing now, it could cost him his job.

I think that reasoning would be plausible if the Jazz had not extended Corbin for next season at the beginning of this season. If anything it unfortunately shows that the Jazz FO is happy with Corbin, and the team is stuck with him no matter how good or bad they play. If that is the case, Corbin has no excuse for not using optimal rotations that help develop the younger players even if it means the veterans get less playing time.

The rest of our lottery picks.

Always been this way. It's stupid.

Some of the biggest scrubs were starting over DWill his rookie season. It's retarded.

Who of these succeeded when they went elsewhere? Humphries is playing ok now but it took him 5 years and a kardashian to figure it out

I think that reasoning would be plausible if the Jazz had not extended Corbin for next season at the beginning of this season. If anything it unfortunately shows that the Jazz FO is happy with Corbin, and the team is stuck with him no matter how good or bad they play. If that is the case, Corbin has no excuse for not using optimal rotations that help develop the younger players even if it means the veterans get less playing time.

A one year extension is not enough to keep a team from firing a coach. If he slips up (by losing a lot of games) ownership may not care. This isn't a Larry owned team, and I'm not sure Greg will keep the Milkman around if he was losing too much.

But my point was, Corbin has to have these thoughts in his head. He's a young coach with a so-so record. Getting fired now could ruin/hamper his career as a coach...