What's new

Free Alec Burks

I noticed that... he should have had another 2 assists (one to kanter and one to favors) just from him getting into the paint and dishing off.
His defense has gotten alot better, and it doesn't seem like he has lost his knack for getting to the line...... it doesn't seem like anyone can defend him 1 on 1 and keep him out of the paint.

He needs to ****ing get minutes

Damn it! Is the organization really this blind!?!!
At this point, he might be our best wing. Think about that.
Its not Hayward anymore, he's got some sort of problem or scouting report on him. It's not Foye, his defense and rebounding sucks. Carrolle has no offense. Marvin's not aggressive.

Damn it! Is the organization really this blind!?!!
At this point, he might be our best wing. Think about that.
Its not Hayward anymore, he's got some sort of problem or scouting report on him. It's not Foye, his defense and rebounding sucks. Carrolle has no offense. Marvin's not aggressive.
Marvin just needs some feeds. Instead, the ball goes into Jefferson and ball movement STOPS.
Hayward tries to do too much. But yes, Foye needs to take a seat so Burks can play.

Bigger is better...

attachment.php

I truly don't understand what Foye does better than Burks.

I may be too old now...

But back in my playing days the coach usually started and played the best players because he wanted to win.

Burks shoots, scores, drives, and defends better than Foye. I cannot think of something Foye does better... Maybe FT shooting? But even that isn't great, because Burks gets to the FT line sooooo much more.

I truly don't understand what Foye does better than Burks.

I may be too old now...

But back in my playing days the coach usually started and played the best players because he wanted to win.

Burks shoots, scores, drives, and defends better than Foye. I cannot think of something Foye does better... Maybe FT shooting? But even that isn't great, because Burks gets to the FT line sooooo much more.

3 point shooting.
But when that's off, he sucks completely.

Burks says a game like tonight will help his development. "It wasn’t part of the last-minute stuff I usually get."

Alec Burks says, "I got drafted on my ability to get to the rim. I’m going to keep using it until somebody stops me.”

Bill Oram @tribjazz about 1 hour ago

3 assists tonight? Paging Purch. Paging Purch. My boys need some skeeterial.

Those who watched, how did his passing look? Assists on completely broken plays or genuine creating like Kobe or Wade would?

I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw Burks played a really complete game. More than once I saw him show an awareness that I had never seen from him before. Twice, he backed off from attacking the basket, once for a pullup jumper that he drilled because his man went under a screen, and once because he saw that instead of driving he could get it to Al in a mismatch, resulting in a layup.

He looked very in touch with the game and capable with or without the ball in his hands.

3 assists tonight? Paging Purch. Paging Purch. My boys need some skeeterial.

Those who watched, how did his passing look? Assists on completely broken plays or genuine creating like Kobe or Wade would?

His assists were really nice plays within the offense. He actually played under control, and smooth.
We looked really fluid most of the time he was out there.

3 point shooting.
But when that's off, he sucks completely.

I guess you're right.

I just can't remember the last time he actually shot the 3 well. Against the Lakers? But wasn't that Brown's last game as coach? Seems like forever ago.

I guess I kind of view Foye as a Steve Kerr, Matt Bonner, Kyle Korver, Eddie House type. Plug him in for 15 mayyybeee 20 mins off the bench to shoot a few 3s. I don't see him as starting SG material. More of just an energy guy to chuck up a few 3s and then go sit down and cheerlead for the rest of the game.

Burks, to me, is like that SG scorer that we've needed for years. His game is like a (very) poor man's Dwade. The way he attacks the rim, gets awkward shots to go in, gets to the line, and can smother people defensively, is just exactly what we need out of a starting SG. I want to see him with the ball more, working the P&R, and play 30+ mins. I want to see if he can develop into that "franchise" SG ala James Harden, Kobe Bryant, Joe Johnson, Dwade, OJ Mayo, etc.

I've always wondered what type of player Burks could be if we just let him loose. Take over games like a Kobe or Wade would. What would it take for the jazz to try it? Let him shoot 25 times a night and see where it gets us. I just hope the playing from last night and into the future isn't to drive up his trade value. I think he could be a huge asset to the Jazz.