What's new

Free Alec Burks

you can´t be a big time player with a name like Burks. With a name like Burks you can just get it to a solid role player. His name is to small, to be a big guy someday. But i think we need a guy like him, who can show a great game, sometimes you need him, but Corbin is to dump to play him.

He will never be great, but he will be a great role player.

you can´t be a big time player with a name like Burks. With a name like Burks you can just get it to a solid role player. His name is to small, to be a big guy someday. But i think we need a guy like him, who can show a great game, sometimes you need him, but Corbin is to dump to play him.

He will never be great, but he will be a great role player.

Ah. Alt account. Busted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Burks is as good as Dwayne (not as big/strong, etc.), but if he never gets a chance, how will we ever know how good the kid is?

This team is full of players that are just oozing with upside and I wish they'd play more (Burks, Kanter, Favors and Hayward). I think Corbin knows who he should be playing/developing, but I also think he's scared to do so, because if he gives those players more experience which will make the team better in the long run, but at the expense of losing now, it could cost him his job.

Since Corbin's job is to win now, and not speculate on who may or may not be producing in 5 years, it could cost him his jobs.

Bump.

Burks has pretty much silenced all the critics now.

Someday we'll laugh at the fact that a washed up Tinsley played instead of Burks for half the season. And while it was happening, Tinsley had one of the worst stretches in his career, going several weeks without making a 3 pointer (and possibly without making a fg at all during a long stretch).

It's clear now that between Foye, Hayward, and Burks they don't need Tinsley to bring the ball over half court, immediately pass it to someone else, and then back out of the play and never touch the ball again (which is all Tinsley did the first month of the season).

Bump.

Burks has pretty much silenced all the critics now.

Someday we'll laugh at the fact that a washed up Tinsley played instead of Burks for half the season. And while it was happening, Tinsley had one of the worst stretches in his career, going several weeks without making a 3 pointer (and possibly without making a fg at all during a long stretch).

It's clear now that between Foye, Hayward, and Burks they don't need Tinsley to bring the ball over half court, immediately pass it to someone else, and then back out of the play and never touch the ball again (which is all Tinsley did the first month of the season).

We will laugh (or be pissed) especially hard when we think back to when raja bell and cj miles (and to a lesser extent josh howard) played in front of him.

Watching Burks play is one of the few reasons I turn on a Jazz game right now.
It's going to help us in the long run. He's playing pretty good for rotting on the bench all season.
He's playing within the offense, and usually has a good +- rating.

He missed a jumper, and makes mistakes not and again, but that is to be expected. Overall I think he's showing why some of us were begging for him to play.

Just hopeing that ma Williams is packaged in a deal with Al/Paul to open up permanent minutes for Burks!!!

Burks was pretty bad tonight. Had a long wide open 20 footer that was an airball, and a wide open 3 that only hit glass.
Ok defensively and had a nice drive, but for the most part he sucked. :(

Burks was pretty bad tonight. Had a long wide open 20 footer that was an airball, and a wide open 3 that only hit glass.

Repped for your objectiveness. Well couldn't..

"...given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours."

Maybe i should rep first then post. It would be better.

Repped for your objectiveness. Well couldn't..

"...given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours."

Maybe i should rep first then post. It would be better.

Lol... no worries, i do that all time too.

Oddly enough, burks was a +3 tonight. The only jazz player on the plus side. go figure.

This kid better slow the game down and get some handles like Tyreke Evans or he's not going to last too long in the league.

This kid better slow the game down and get some handles like Tyreke Evans or he's not going to last too long in the league.

I think he will be fine. He is 21 years old (most guys are still in college at his age) and has barely recieved any playing time at all.... yet he is arguably still better than randy foye, cj miles, raja bell, and josh howard. All of those guys have been in the league for like 8 years minimum.

I like how he has one bad game, and Franklin comes out to bash him. He better blah blah or he's done.
Please check yo self.

I like how he has one bad game, and Franklin comes out to bash him. He better blah blah or he's done.
Please check yo self.

I didn't even think it was that bad of a game. He had some pretty amazing passes, would have had several highlight worthy assists if teammates had converted the easy shots.

I think he's making a strong case to play pg.

Last edited:
Please check yo self.

Ease up there, Burks lover. All I said is what any coach in the league is going to tell him. He plays way too fast and needs to raise his bbiq in order to first take what the defense gives him, and then make the defense give him what he wants. Catching and driving full speed ahead isn't going to cut it with talent alone. He needs to get handles and get his wits about him.

Check yo Burks shelf life.

Ease up there, Burks lover. All I said is what any coach in the league is going to tell him. He plays way too fast and needs to raise his bbiq in order to first take what the defense gives him, and then make the defense give him what he wants. Catching and driving full speed ahead isn't going to cut it with talent alone. He needs to get handles and get his wits about him.

Check yo Burks shelf life.

Your criticism of burks is correct... however even if he doesn't improve at all he is still as good as cj miles, foye, howard, and bell so he can still be in the league for many years.
So you saying he wont be in the league for very long is incorrect IMO, even though your criticism is correct.