Gail Miller rewards Jazz executives that do a bad job. Your input.

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Lakers_Slapper, May 11, 2019.

1. Gameface

Gameface All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    Holy ****! Larry cared less about rings than anyone. Jazz NEVER went into luxury tax until Larry died because he loved his ****ing Dr. Peppers more than he loved his life. Larry was 1000% about making money off this team. Gail is only 100% about that. I bet she'd spend some luxury tax money in the right situation. Larry never did. NEVER. Throw one more significant piece along side Stockton, Malone and Hornacek and the Jazz get a title. If you pass in '97 it's an easy call in '98. Larry stood pat.

2. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    Agreed, but that's my point. Larry was the one with some level of passion for the team, and now it's even worse with him gone.

But I disagree that Gail cares more about it. Like I said, I think to her it's a legacy thing and that's it. Maintain the legacy

But all this means is we're unlikely to ever take the necessary steps to get there. It will be a lot of luck unless the new guy is suddenly given some slack to make something happen.

Lakers_Slapper likes this.
  3. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Obviously I knew Rubio wasn't the answer and we had scoring holes but we were sold on this vision. The league got better we didn't. DL realized that at the deadline. The season had to progress to confirm this

4. David Stern

David Stern Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I'm giving him a pass on the non-Rubio trade until the offseason is over. Nobody in the West was beating GS this year, and maybe we're able to make some major impact moves that wouldn't have been possible with Conley's contract on the roster.

5. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Time will tell, but beating GSW or not we should have did something last off-season to address pressing needs.

Lakers_Slapper likes this.
  6. Lakers_Slapper

Lakers_Slapper Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I've been a TRUE JAZZ FAN and NBA fan since the 80's. While you're in your High school art class building miniature statues of DL and tracking his Popularity awards among the rest of the league while not paying attention to what other GM's are doing, I'm actually watching. I could care less about where his GM popularity ranking is. I care about seeing my team improve and earning a championship. They give DL praise because he made other teams better with his ignorant trades and is so stupid that he'll meet them for a drink later on. I'm not saying that I know better than DL, but I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

7. Lakers_Slapper

Jul 15, 2010
    Your OK with the Jazz not getting better while the rest of our competitors do? The Jazz did nothing last off-season and you were ok with that, but this year, you'll be pissed if they do the same thing this off-season as they did last off-season when you supported them and were "ok" with them doing nothing. When they did it last year, you were cool with it, but this year you care. ???? How about when they traded a 27 year old and not one, but two 2nd round draft picks for a 37 year old Kyle Korver who is retiring. You "ok with that stuff"? Giving up 3 players for a 4 month senior citizen, your "ok"? It's hard to read your opinions and take them seriously, given your lack ability to think intelligent thoughts.

8. Lakers_Slapper

Jul 15, 2010
    "Larry cared less about rings?" Larry flirted with trading Malone in the mid 90's because of having no rings. He never went into luxury tax because few teams did, and you could actually build a competitive roster back then (even being a small market team) without having to. It was different in the 90's my friend. Larry Miller was a fan of the game first.

LogGrad98 likes this.
  9. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    So you have nothing. Got it.

10. LifeOnaPlate

LifeOnaPlate Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    This is where I'm at. I believe in DL.

11. LifeOnaPlate

LifeOnaPlate Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I disagree. Gail would love to see the team get a ring.

12. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    I never said they were anti-ring. But it is definitely not a priority. I'd love to win the lottery but I'm not going to prioritize that over going to work. If it happens, cool, but getting a steady paycheck is the priority.
    Same for the team leadership right now. Hey, if the stars align and a ragtag group of g-leaguers and lucky draft picks pull off a miracle, I'm sure Gail will be dancing and shedding tears of joy. But I also believe their planning meeting center around keeping butts in the seats, raising ticket prices, and conservative moves to maintain stability, and not about how to swing big trades and go out on a limb to go for the gold. Slow and steady maintains flexibility and stability and doesn't rock the boat.

SoUjazzfan likes this.
  13. MVP

MVP Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Dude it could be worse. We could be Knicks or Lakers.

14. gregbroncs

gregbroncs Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    It's a different scenario this off season than last. They are not coming off of an epic run with a young team. Just because your are too dense to understand that isn't my problem. Don't take my opinions seriously, If you understood or agreed with them I'd be worried, then I'd be almost as stupid as you.

You mean a 27 year old who can't get off of the bench for anybody else for a 37 year old that has always been a rotation NBA player and the 2 second round picks are almost worthless IMO.