What's new

Game #26. Jazz in Miami, the land of 36 skyscrapers in a few minutes Mtn time.

Kanter's defense was never as bad as some were saying. Did he have some terrible games, yes. Did he deserve the hate thrown his way or the constant trade threads, absolutely not. Has his defense improved this season, absolutely. It can still be improved, but nobody can deny he is playing much better defense than the beginning of the season.

No that's wrong. His defense was terrible to begin the season. It was a serious liability. But thankfully he's been playing with much more effort on that end of the floor. As for JF bi-polar opinions, who gives a ****? Every time Hayward misses a shot someone questions whether he should be traded. It's not like these opinions are of any consequence.

Kanter's defense was never as bad as some were saying. Did he have some terrible games, yes. Did he deserve the hate thrown his way or the constant trade threads, absolutely not. Has his defense improved this season, absolutely. It can still be improved, but nobody can deny he is playing much better defense than the beginning of the season.

Nah brother. Let's be real here. It was god awful!

No that's wrong. His defense was terrible to begin the season. It was a serious liability. But thankfully he's been playing with much more effort on that end of the floor. As for JF bi-polar opinions, who gives a ****? Every time Hayward misses a shot someone questions whether he should be traded. It's not like these opinions are of any consequence.

playing blake griffin, aldrich, and Dirk will make you look worse than you are. Did he have some bad games, yes I stated that. But you and others act like he was crap and want him traded at all costs. The guy is 22 years old and the 3rd pick in the draft and some want him traded for anybody. At lease we all agree that he is giving great effort on Defense the last couple of games.

Gobert with 6 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks in less than 20 minutes.

If this could improve each of the next 2-3 seasons, we could have a stud.

At the beginning of last year my roommate told me Marvin Williams was better than Hayward. I remind him of that **** everyday.

playing blake griffin, aldrich, and Dirk will make you look worse than you are. Did he have some bad games, yes I stated that. But you and others act like he was crap and want him traded at all costs. The guy is 22 years old and the 3rd pick in the draft and some want him traded for anybody. At lease we all agree that he is giving great effort on Defense the last couple of games.

I don't know why you included me in this. I don't recall ever wanting Kanter traded. I did complain about his defense when he played ****ty defense.

Gobert with 6 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks in less than 20 minutes.

If this could improve each of the next 2-3 seasons, we could have a stud.
Based on just what we've seen from him so far, is there any reason to think that he can't/won't make a fairly decent jump over the next couple of years?

He's a gym rat, has a great work ethic, made a significant jump from year one to year two (and still appears to be making that jump) and is already starting to assert himself as a leader on this team. I'd say he's certainly a stud and might end up being really damn special if he keeps working like he has since the Jazz drafted him.

Hayward with the hard drive toward the paint, stop on a dime, stepback midrange jumper is becoming his go to move.... and its damn near unstoppable.

I have always (and still) believed that this team is better than most people think. Im rooting for wins but ok with losses but I have some bad news for the hard tank guys. The jazz are going to get better and better as the season goes along. They will win a lot of meaningless games near the end of the year and screw up the draft pick. And im ok with that. I love this team and love watching them win.

Kanter is becoming a bit unstoppable on offense while improving defensively. Hayward is turning into an allstar. Favors is a solid two way big. Rudy is just getting better and better. Trey is not as bad as he was to start the season. Alec has been mostly disappointing but is showing that he can do things besides just attack the rim (playing unselfish and hitting the three).... I think he will improve as the season goes along.

Booker is a decent back up. Exum is improving. Hood cant get much worse. The chemistry is coming along. Our draft pick will right around that dreaded #10 spot unfortunately but at least we will get to see some good bball along the way and give us hope for this young cores future

some want him traded for anybody.

This was a bit silly. Kanter got way more hate than he deserved and people were willing to trade him for garbage.

At the beginning of last year my roommate told me Marvin Williams was better than Hayward. I remind him of that **** everyday.

Lol
what a dumbass

Based on just what we've seen from him so far, is there any reason to think that he can't/won't make a fairly decent jump over the next couple of years?

He's a gym rat, has a great work ethic, made a significant jump from year one to year two (and still appears to be making that jump) and is already starting to assert himself as a leader on this team. I'd say he's certainly a stud and might end up being really damn special if he keeps working like he has since the Jazz drafted him.
All of this.

The first and most hopeful thing that I noticed about gobert was his attitude. He has a great attitude and wants to be the best. Has a mean streak too.

I don't know why you included me in this. I don't recall ever wanting Kanter traded. I did complain about his defense when he played ****ty defense.

My bad Siro, there were so many posters suggesting a kanter trade for a bag of chips I assumed you must be one. Kanter never deserved the hate thrown his way. Hopefully, he will continue his recent very good defensively play.

lol i remember reading multiple times that we'd be lucky to get a second round pick for kanter.

I never lost faith in big turk kanter man from the kanter shop.

rudy gobert ‏@rudygobert15
Way to play 48 minutes of basketball tonight!! Great team win lets keep it going. #euroooooo

OK, I take FULL credit for this win. It's the one game I have not DVR'ed or watched live the whole season. Was on the way to my daughter's bball practice when I realized I hadn't set to record. Too late to go back...and just my luck that's it's the one game that's been worth watching as of late.

Great performance for a back-to-back. Well, except for Trey's shooting.

Bros. The league bashed him. EVERYONE labeled him a bust. Glad he is coming around.
I wouldn't say everyone
There were a handful of people on this board that knew he would come around. (And not all of them were turks)