What's new

Game 5: Termination Game -- Jazz @ Thunder 4/25/2018 7:30 pm MST

As a Jazz fan, I like this situation. This is exactly what you want a young team to experience. In the post-game presser the Jazz guys looked pissed. I want to see them take their intensity up a notch and return the favor. If they can overcome this, they'll be better for it.

The Jazz were having it too easy in the series and they got complacent. They were lighthearted and laughing after games. That's not what playoffs are about.

The Jazz won three games in a row. The last two were blowouts. They were up 25 pts. in the 2nd half. The Jazz were caught off guard. They won't get caught like that again.

A few things stood out during their run. Obviously without Gobert, and partly Favors we were swiss cheese. Also, Gobert's 5th foul was painful. Rubio was wide open for 3.
I was yelling "pass the ball"! I wish he didnt try to hook that defender, and attack or whatever he was doing. Then there were several of our shots that were in and out. Again, another obviously point is that we settled for too many jumpers in that stretch and didn't attack.

Thunder turned up their defense, and we wilted. Give it up to them.

I agree with most here, its not that we lost, its the way we lost that stings the most.

Game 6 it will be a fun test to see if we can put them away. This team has always bounced back. Have faith.

Worst play of the game was Rudy giving up a dunk for a three point brick. We would have won if we played smart Old school basketball. But, instead we had to take a three every time down the court while they made us foul attacking the rim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app

What a ******* disgrace of a league. No suspension for Westbrook, no calls against Steven Adams who's constantly grabbing and pushing under the boards, another game that Pushoff P gets to stay in the game despite the numerous and blatant fouls he commits, no offensive fouls when players go into Gobert pushing off and throwing their elbows around, and of course every single ticky-tack foul is called on Rudy and Favs. It's ******* pathetic.

The NBA can be an absolute joke sometimes. There is no explanation for why Westbrook even played last night. And nobody even brought it up in national news because its a business. Westbrook is good for business. Utah just isn't yet.

Now for basketball, we didn't finish the job last night and OKC played like Rocky on the ropes. They landed everything along with getting a ton of help from the whistles. No single person is to blame. We just lost.

We gotta go out and execute on both sides. Game 6, here we go.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

This hurts more than just losing the game. It is the way we lost the game. We played like OKC and we just played like we had no clue what to do. I don't understand why other players can make bone head plays but when Exum does it he gets yanked. It certainly doesn't help his confidence.

The irony of last night's game is that Westbrook should never had played if the NBA enforced their rules. Now we have to listen to the national media talk about how great Westbrook and George are and how the Jazz choked away an opportunity.

Lastly, I have watched the Jazz since 1979 and it just seems like they always make it harder than it should be. The Jazz should have finished them off last night and I hope they don't regret it. All the pressure is on Utah and now we get to see how they handle it. While Houston gets to rest and prepare for the winner of this series. I have a headache and barely slept. Sometimes I wonder why I still watch sports.

Last edited:
This hurts more than just losing the game. It is the way we lost the game. We played like OKC and we just played like we had no clue what to do. I don't understand why other players can make bone head plays but when Exum does it he gets yanked. It certainly doesn't help his confidence. The irony of last night's game is that Westbrook should never had played if the NBA enforced their rules. Now we have to listen to the national media talk about how great Westbrook and George are and how the Jazz choked away an opportunity.

Lastly, I have watched the Jazz since 1979 and it just seems like they always make it harder than it should be. The Jazz should have finished them off last night and I hope they don't regret it. All the pressure is on Utah and now we get to see how they handle it. While Houston gets to rest and prepare for the winner of this series. I have a headache and barely slept. Sometimes I wonder why I still watch sports.

I feel your pain. I can't sleep. Although I'm still pretty confident we will win this series it doesn't make this loss hurt any less. Blowing leads is the most painful way to watch your team lose I swear.

I agree cowhide. Pathetic feeling today but I still can't shake the utter disbelief that Westbrook played. Still blows my mind. Absolutely blows my mind. If the Jazz didn't have Donovan Mitchell, I might be taking a break. I'm that disappointed in the entire product.

The techs given to Jingles and Gobert game 4. Westbrook tackling everybody game 4. Paul George getting sent to the line repeatedly despite pushing off repeatedly. No suspension given to Westbrook. The fouls called on us last night keeping OKC in the game. Adams getting into foul trouble 3 games in a row then miraculously only has 1 last night.

I mean, why watch a rigged product?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app