What's new

Game 5: Termination Game -- Jazz @ Thunder 4/25/2018 7:30 pm MST

I apologize tho I didn't make enough of our players performing wwe special move references or we would have won. For that reason I sincerely ask for all of y'alls forgiveness.

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app

Per David Locked: After Game 1, the Jazz had about a 3 hour practice. The 1st hour was nothing but film and dissecting what the Thunder were doing against the team. After that, they spent the remaining time on the court going over how they were going to counter it and a few variations. The Jazz ripped three straight after that.

I have little doubt they will do the same today. Note also that, minus the PDX and Game 1, the Jazz have not lost 2 straight since Gobert got back.

On Friday, Gobert is going to play ******. Not angry. ******. Favors will be the same as well, but he won't show it. RWB and PG13 combined for 79 pts. RWB shot 55% from three while we went cold. MVP or not, that's not sustainable. Consider also that, as far as my checking goes, Utah hadn't played a game this year where Favors and Gobert both had 5 fouls. Again, that won't happen unless the Refs are cooking.

Utah is going to make whatever adjustments we need and kill them in SLC. Quin laid an egg last night, but that's outlier. Donovan is going to be Donovan, Utah will adapt and kill them by the 3rd quarter on Friday. End of series.

It took a miraculous comeback to beat us and keep their season alive. It also took our two bigs being taken out of the game with foul trouble.

I'm not worried. If we can't close out so be it. We deserve whatever fate we get. I feel confident in these guys though!

Per David Locked: After Game 1, the Jazz had about a 3 hour practice. The 1st hour was nothing but film and dissecting what the Thunder were doing against the team. After that, they spent the remaining time on the court going over how they were going to counter it and a few variations. The Jazz ripped three straight after that.

I have little doubt they will do the same today. Note also that, minus the PDX and Game 1, the Jazz have not lost 2 straight since Gobert got back.

On Friday, Gobert is going to play ******. Not angry. ******. Favors will be the same as well, but he won't show it. RWB and PG13 combined for 79 pts. RWB shot 55% from three while we went cold. MVP or not, that's not sustainable. Consider also that, as far as my checking goes, Utah hadn't played a game this year where Favors and Gobert both had 5 fouls. Again, that won't happen unless the Refs are cooking.

Utah is going to make whatever adjustments we need and kill them in SLC. Quin laid an egg last night, but that's outlier. Donovan is going to be Donovan, Utah will adapt and kill them by the 3rd quarter on Friday. End of series.
Don't say Quin had a bad game. We don't take kindly to those words.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app

The worrier in me thinks game 6 is a must win for us.
The Jazz must win Friday. If you allow OKC to win you allow them to take all momentum back in this series and serious life where in a one game series back in OKC, their superstars can beat you........Also, I love Donovans confidence but saying we won't be back to OKC........well its wise not to poke the bear, or say these types of things as rookie especially.

The Jazz must win Friday. If you allow OKC to win you allow them to take all momentum back in this series and serious life where in a one game series back in OKC, their superstars can beat you.

Well let us hope it does not come down to that. We have not lost at home yet so may that trend continue.

I was so baked by the time we had that 25 point lead I can't really recal how we lost other than Westbrook going super sayian.

First time I wonder we would have benefited from a Joe Jesus, not for his defense of course but to play possession basketball to close out the flippin game.

Favors and Gobert had 5 fouls each for 10 total fouls. Adams had 1 foul. I mean, c'mon.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

During the come back Adams was regularly driving Jazz defenders out of the way, something like an offensive lineman. He put Mitchell on the floor twice and hooked him with the arm which drew a foul against Mitchell.

Kind of knew the ref crew the NBA sent was capable of extending the series (see below), but they wouldn't have been a factor if the Jazz would have kept pouring it on. The crowd was dead, the Thunder players were disinterested, the series was there for the taking, but the Jazz players went casual, almost seem to show mercy. It was too soon. Show them mercy when you're up 30 with 2 minutes remaining, attack with fury until then.

Utah @ Oklahoma City Ed Malloy (#14) Kane Fitzgerald (#5) Tom Washington (#49)

May the basketball gods have mercy on our souls.

Tom Washington has a home team point differential of +8.5 and home team foul differential of +1.6

The home team win percentage with Malloy as crew chief is .531, but Fitzgerald has home team win percentage of 0.600 and washington has an unbelievable 0.895.

I was so tired last night that I completely slept through the comeback. It's almost surreal what happened. At least, the Jazz only have to win one of the last 2 games. I do agree that game 6 is a must-win, though. Paul George was unrealistically hot in Game 1, and Westbrook was beyond good in Game 5, so the law of averages should mean that they come down to earth next game.

I was so tired last night that I completely slept through the comeback. It's almost surreal what happened. At least, the Jazz only have to win one of the last 2 games. I do agree that game 6 is a must-win, though. Paul George was unrealistically hot in Game 1, and Westbrook was beyond good in Game 5, so the law of averages should mean that they come down to earth next game.

Here's my story: When Utah was up by 23 or something like that it was about 9pm, which is bedtime for my two kids (ages 3 and 5). The game was going well, so I took time to tuck them in, read each of them a story, do the whole routine, about 20 minutes in all. When I came back upstairs the game was tied. It was a real shock. I didn't see it happen, I just saw the outcome, the final quarter. Felt like a weird bad dream.

Here's my story: When Utah was up by 23 or something like that it was about 9pm, which is bedtime for my two kids (ages 3 and 5). The game was going well, so I took time to tuck them in, read each of them a story, do the whole routine, about 20 minutes in all. When I came back upstairs the game was tied. It was a real shock. I didn't see it happen, I just saw the outcome, the final quarter. Felt like a weird bad dream.
I hope you've learned your lesson. You preach about the Jazz game outcomes affecting your family, but then you go be short-sighted, thinking you're doing the good fatherly thing, only to have it result in the L and now your family has to suffer the fallout.