Game Of Thrones

My User Name Was All Caps But Appeared As Such And I'm Not Sure Why Nor Do I Care To Change It. I Hadn't Posted On This Site Until A Couple Weeks Ago Or Whenever That Was But I Have Visited The Jazz Forum Many Times Over The Last Few Years. I Am A Former Season Ticket Holder And Father To Four. Biologically I Have Two Children But Ironically I Don't See Them Because Of A Bad Divorce. I Am Dating A Wonderful Woman Who Has Two Children Of Her Own From A Previous Marriage. I Am Currently Unemployed But Trade Online Most Days. I Did Well For Myself Monetarily In My Twenties And Thirties So The Pressure To Find A Full Time Job Is Meager. I Am A Big Jazz Fan Who Is Confused About Why Tyrone Corbin Is The Head Coach And Why So Many Posters Have An Issue With My Typing Style When It's Legible And Properly Spelled.

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
My User Name Was All Caps But Appeared As Such And I'm Not Sure Why Nor Do I Care To Change It. I Hadn't Posted On This Site Until A Couple Weeks Ago Or Whenever That Was But I Have Visited The Jazz Forum Many Times Over The Last Few Years. I Am A Former Season Ticket Holder And Father To Four. Biologically I Have Two Children But Ironically I Don't See Them Because Of A Bad Divorce. I Am Dating A Wonderful Woman Who Has Two Children Of Her Own From A Previous Marriage. I Am Currently Unemployed But Trade Online Most Days. I Did Well For Myself Monetarily In My Twenties And Thirties So The Pressure To Find A Full Time Job Is Meager. I Am A Big Jazz Fan Who Is Confused About Why Tyrone Corbin Is The Head Coach And Why So Many Posters Have An Issue With My Typing Style When It's Legible And Properly Spelled.

So you don't deny being an alt? Interesting.

The Black Swordsman

I think when you make something forbidden people want to do it more. My parents said ever since I was like 10 years old that I can drink alcohol when I am older and get drunk they would drive me home as long as I call them. My dad drinks like 5 beers a day and my mom still occasionally drinks. I have never drank alcohol in my life and I am 22.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I think when you make something forbidden people want to do it more. My parents said ever since I was like 10 years old that I can drink alcohol when I am older and get drunk they would drive me home as long as I call them. My dad drinks like 5 beers a day and my mom still occasionally drinks. I have never drank alcohol in my life and I am 22.

My parents always told me that if I wanted I could get tattoos or piercings. Two things that I have absolutely no desire to do. I don't know if they would have forbidden it if I would feel differently. I'd like to say I wouldn't, but who knows?

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I love the show and cant wait for tonight..... book 3 was the best of the books, so im very optimistic and excited for this season to start...... there will be an event during this season or next (this season covers half of book 3 and next season the other half) that made me more emotional than anything i have ever read in any other book (i read alot of books). I was upset for days

(i have read all the books)

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I love the show and cant wait for tonight..... book 3 was the best of the books, so im very optimistic and excited for this season to start...... there will be an event during this season or next (this season covers half of book 3 and next season the other half) that made me more emotional than anything i have ever read in any other book (i read alot of books). I was upset for days

(i have read all the books)

Seeing the previews it seems to me this season will incorporate parts of book 3 and book 4. Initially they were one giant book but GRR Martin decided to split them up and make one really great book (book 3) and one big waste of time following around all the less interesting characters (book 4). There is a lot of chronological overlap between those two books, so it makes sense. I was wondering what the show could possibly do if they had to make a season based only on book 4.

EDIT: It kind of seems like I'm explaining this to you, fishonjazz, but I'm not. Just trying to help out anyone who might be following along.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Seeing the previews it seems to me this season will incorporate parts of book 3 and book 4. Initially they were one giant book but GRR Martin decided to split them up and make one really great book (book 3) and one big waste of time following around all the less interesting characters (book 4). There is a lot of chronological overlap between those two books, so it makes sense. I was wondering what the show could possibly do if they had to make a season based only on book 4.

EDIT: It kind of seems like I'm explaining this to you, fishonjazz, but I'm not. Just trying to help out anyone who might be following along.

I agree about book 4... easily the worst one.... i was reading feast for crows and the entire time im thinking "where is aria, tyrion, dany, john etc etc etc and wondering "who the hell are ramsey, the sand snakes, the vikings, ect ect (though some of those characters were cool too, especially the guy with the big axe that was the body guard for the gimpy dornishman, but i wanted to read about my favorites.)

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I agree about book 4... easily the worst one.... i was reading feast for crows and the entire time im thinking "where is aria, tyrion, dany, john etc etc etc and wondering "who the hell are ramsey, the sand snakes, the vikings, ect ect (though some of those characters were cool too, especially the guy with the big axe that was the body guard for the gimpy dornishman, but i wanted to read about my favorites.)

There are some good and very good moments after book 3 but they are fewer and further between. Now I'm worried that the series won't be finished. The author is no spring chicken and book 6 is scheduled to be out in 2015. How long until book 7 and will the author have enough left in the tank to finish it out right?

Qman

For some reason reading about all the horrible stuff in Song of Ice and Fire (real name of the book series), isn't as horrible as seeing it on TV. Hunger games had the same effect on me. That said the books are my favorite books ever and IMO the best written books I have ever read.

I believe the TV series has some small deviation in how the characters act.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
There are some good and very good moments after book 3 but they are fewer and further between. Now I'm worried that the series won't be finished. The author is no spring chicken and book 6 is scheduled to be out in 2015. How long until book 7 and will the author have enough left in the tank to finish it out right?

I have always been concerned about this..... I hope there is a backup plan for when george croaks.