What's new

Game Of Thrones

Seeing the previews it seems to me this season will incorporate parts of book 3 and book 4. Initially they were one giant book but GRR Martin decided to split them up and make one really great book (book 3) and one big waste of time following around all the less interesting characters (book 4). There is a lot of chronological overlap between those two books, so it makes sense. I was wondering what the show could possibly do if they had to make a season based only on book 4.

EDIT: It kind of seems like I'm explaining this to you, fishonjazz, but I'm not. Just trying to help out anyone who might be following along.

I agree about book 4... easily the worst one.... i was reading feast for crows and the entire time im thinking "where is aria, tyrion, dany, john etc etc etc and wondering "who the hell are ramsey, the sand snakes, the vikings, ect ect (though some of those characters were cool too, especially the guy with the big axe that was the body guard for the gimpy dornishman, but i wanted to read about my favorites.)

I agree about book 4... easily the worst one.... i was reading feast for crows and the entire time im thinking "where is aria, tyrion, dany, john etc etc etc and wondering "who the hell are ramsey, the sand snakes, the vikings, ect ect (though some of those characters were cool too, especially the guy with the big axe that was the body guard for the gimpy dornishman, but i wanted to read about my favorites.)

There are some good and very good moments after book 3 but they are fewer and further between. Now I'm worried that the series won't be finished. The author is no spring chicken and book 6 is scheduled to be out in 2015. How long until book 7 and will the author have enough left in the tank to finish it out right?

For some reason reading about all the horrible stuff in Song of Ice and Fire (real name of the book series), isn't as horrible as seeing it on TV. Hunger games had the same effect on me. That said the books are my favorite books ever and IMO the best written books I have ever read.

I believe the TV series has some small deviation in how the characters act.

There are some good and very good moments after book 3 but they are fewer and further between. Now I'm worried that the series won't be finished. The author is no spring chicken and book 6 is scheduled to be out in 2015. How long until book 7 and will the author have enough left in the tank to finish it out right?

I have always been concerned about this..... I hope there is a backup plan for when george croaks.

I think I read somewhere that he gave HBO an outline of how it all ends up should he not finish the books.

I'll be disappointed if I don't get book 7 and if it isn't amazing.

So... Some massive departures from the books. I guess I should feel lucky because even though I've read the books I no longer have any idea what's going to happen next.

I've read all 5 books, and I'm a die hard fan of the series. I'll name my first born daughter Aria. I have nothing else to say.

So... Some massive departures from the books. I guess I should feel lucky because even though I've read the books I no longer have any idea what's going to happen next.

I've thought that this season has stayed fairly* true to the book, unlike season 2.

* - with the exception of the Theon stuff.

I'm looking forward to watch the next episode. There's this Daenerys scene one of the best moments of the series. (IMHO)

P.S. I wish we could see Reek (rhymes with meek). Not that it matters now.

I'm looking forward to watch the next episode. There's this Daenerys scene one of the best moments of the series. (IMHO)

P.S. I wish we could see Reek (rhymes with meek). Not that it matters now.

I thought that scene was going to be in the last episode, but yeah, it's one of my favorite moments.

I guess no Reek in the TV series. That's a pretty big shocker, but as I think about it there's a lot of isolation and Reek's inner thoughts, which don't play well on screen. Also, if you cut out Reek it tightens up the story quite a bit. Again, I think it's a thing where it works in written form but is much harder to interpret for the screen.

There are a couple more HUGE scenes this season! Every episode should be good.

Screw reek and theon.... i didn't really like the reek parts of the book and I hate the actor playing theon.... his accent is so thick I never know what he is saying and just want his scenes to end.

Every scene with varys is awesome.
Perfect casting and a great actor

Every scene with varys is awesome.
Perfect casting and a great actor

Great actor definitely and very well written character. It's interesting to see what he plans and does and what his motives are. The sorcerer scene was pretty shocking. I thought him as more umm elegant maybe.