What's new

Game Thread: Utah @ BYU, Sat. 9/21 8:15pm MT, ESPN2

Girl gimme dat popcorn

104i35u.jpg

You're probly ****ing with me, but I'll bite.

Do you remember that when you payed me the half of the money that you owed me it was like 3 months after the bet and I had never even said anything about it?

Then, you texted me "hey I need a company logo from you RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I'll send you half the money I owe you now and half the money when you get me the logo. Hurry I need it!!!!"

So in my head I'm like, oh yeah he owes me $30. Cool. So I started to try and get you the logo because I wanted to help you out not because of 15 ****ing dollars that you owed me. I honestly tried and even sent you a couple things that I guess didn't work.

Then, you kept texting me all day telling me I couldn't get my $15 til you got the logo and I'm like "WTF does this dude really think I'll run around doing his job because he is holding hostage $15 from a bet we made several months ago? F that." And then I just started ignoring you.

Fast forward like 6 months to poker night and here I am decidedly NOT caring about $15 that some zoob owes me but now thinks is his because I wouldn't do his job for him 3 months after a bet that I won from him. You pick me up (which was extremely nice) and you say something like "dude I cant believe you are really going to give me $20 to give you a ride. If I were you I'd give me $5 and say suck my balls." I told you I wouldn't do that cuz I'm not a douchebag. We get to the poker thing and I'm like "oh yeah, this A-hole has owed me $15 for a year. I told him I'd give him $20 so I'll just give him $5 and we're even in any sane persons head."

I seriously hate you for arguing with me about $15 for a year. I never expected you to pay me, but I'm also obviously not handing someone an exact amount of money that they owe me.

Sorry that I didn't do your job for you and sorry that you don't get to decide whether or not you have to pay up on your bets.

Did trout really do this to a Ute fan? Epic.

Still not over the OSU game. Having a hard time getting excited for this week. I need the BYU fans on here to be even more obnoxious to the point of pissing me off so I can get excited for the game this week.

I have no idea what to expect this week. I thought Utah had a defense until I saw what OSU did to them. I like BYU's defense, but Utah's offense looks pretty good, no clue which one will be better on the field. Can BYU run on Utah? No clue, but my guess is yes. Can BYU throw... not likely. Nowhere near what Mannion did. While I was sure Utah would win on Saturday, I have no clue this week. Maybe that's a good thing for BYU, it could be I was bad luck for the Utes.

If a gun was put to my head on this, I would lean towards BYU in a close one. Could be the Kool Aid talking.
Go Cougs.

Still not over the OSU game. Having a hard time getting excited for this week. I need the BYU fans on here to be even more obnoxious to the point of pissing me off so I can get excited for the game this week.

I hope the Ute players have that same attitude!

I have no idea what to expect this week. I thought Utah had a defense until I saw what OSU did to them. I like BYU's defense, but Utah's offense looks pretty good, no clue which one will be better on the field. Can BYU run on Utah? No clue, but my guess is yes. Can BYU throw... not likely. Nowhere near what Mannion did. While I was sure Utah would win on Saturday, I have no clue this week. Maybe that's a good thing for BYU, it could be I was bad luck for the Utes.

If a gun was put to my head on this, I would lean towards BYU in a close one. Could be Max Hall talking.
Go Cougs.

Actually, I agree with pretty much all of this (except the bolded part).

Utah's secondary has looked just awful, but Hill's arm looks pretty bad, too. A coin flip, in my opinion.

If I were BYU, I would just stack the box, since Humpty and Dumpty seem to want to run it straight up the gut 90% of the time.

Actually, I agree with pretty much all of this (except the bolded part).

Utah's secondary has looked just awful, but Hill's arm looks pretty bad, too. A coin flip, in my opinion.

If I were BYU, I would just stack the box, since Humpty and Dumpty seem to want to run it straight up the gut 90% of the time.

Nice to see that Max Hall hate has staying power. I would quite enjoy it if the box was stacked, and they still ran it up the gut effectively. Not likely, but would be epic.

Nice to see that Max Hall hate has staying power.

I just wanted to keep his name out there. He's not doing a very good job himself. I've liked him for a long time. Ever since I poured beer on his mom.

I would quite enjoy it if the box was stacked, and they still ran it up the gut effectively. Not likely, but would be epic.

Are we talking about the same thing?

I just wanted to keep his name out there. He's not doing a very good job himself. I've liked him for a long time. Ever since I poured beer on his mom.

Are we talking about the same thing?

After a re-read, I completely missed your point which means no, we are not talking about the same thing. It is completely your fault for making me misunderstand you.

As it turns out Dos Equis is very good for the health of hair, and you actually did her a favor. On a side note, were you aware Max is very much into Bronco's as well and he has a pretty sweet 69. It's blue of course.

After a re-read, I completely missed your point which means no, we are not talking about the same thing. It is completely your fault for making me misunderstand you.

Inconceivable!

On a side note, were you aware Max is very much into Bronco's as well and he has a pretty sweet 69. It's blue of course.

If this is true, then he has some redeeming quality.

Wilson was pretty effective galloping after faking the gut handoff against OSU. I have a feeling that if he tries that too many times against BYU, the front 7 will end him. That is the big difference between BYU now and of the near past. Rushing QBs would just destroy BYU, now it is just the opposite.
Wilson is fast for his size, but his escapability is suspect. It was amusing to see the smaller USU D bounce off of him at times. BYU hits hard.
As much as Taysom's arm is suspect, I think many here are underrating the BYU D.

I've just been gifted 2 tix to the game. While I still have an OSU hangover, I'm rolling into Provo decked out in red, caffeinated coke in my hidden flask, and both arms fully extended with both middle fingers high in the air. I'll shake this lack of enthusiasm because coming off a tough loss, Utah is getting just what the doctor ordered: A game against their personal bitch.

Bronco will find a way to screw up this game. He gets his players overhyped and they will come out against Utah making a few mistakes because of it (personal fouls, etc). In all reality, these teams are evenly matched but Whittingham prepping his team like its just another game will be the difference. Van Noy said it himself: This is BYU's "Superbowl". BYU puts a ton of pressure on themselves each year for this game and it has cost them before.

Go Utes.