What's new

Game tonight! Magic at Jazz 7:00 pm mtn. The last best chance to break the losing streak

So who do you take in the draft if both are available: Okafor or Towns?
Who do you think is better right now? Who do you think will be better in 5 years?

i'm so sick of upsides. okafor can immediately contribute right away. i want okafor and his soft hands and soft touch around the rim

So who do you take in the draft if both are available: Okafor or Towns?
Who do you think is better right now? Who do you think will be better in 5 years?

Depends on which team I am that is drafting. But most likely Okafor. He's a can't miss.

Having said that, I'd bet Towns is the better player 5 years from now.. it's just risky whn you know Okafor will be damn good.

Can someone please touch this post. I want to see the rebuttal.

Kudos to fabtrey for the work. There really is no player you can single out as being the cause for all the struggles in my view. Mostly it's the whole team's mental approach.

nuggets

trey
18/8 7-13 shooting

lawson
15/12 6-15 shooting

bulls

trey
18/10 8-14 shooting

d rose
18/5 5-10 shooting

okc

trey
17/9 7-17 shooting

jackson
10/7 4-13 shooting

knicks

trey
13/8 5-9 shooting

larkin
7/4 3-10 shooting

Mavs

trey
16/7 6-15 shooting

nelson
5/5 2-4 shooting

rockets

trey
15/4 6-15 shooting

beverly
7/2 3-6 shooting

myth debunked.

Dayum nougat you just ****ed him up. Like Mayweather tryin to challenge Pacquiao ****ed up

That was rough... That was the first game I feel we lost but should have one.

Kudos to fabtrey for the work. There really is no player you can single out as being the cause for all the struggles in my view. Mostly it's the whole team's mental approach.

We have bagged on all the players in some form or other with some players getting serious baggin... But the reality is the team talent is not as bad as the team record in my opinion. Watching the defense is painful and this is on the coaching staff. QS sounds good, has a good plan, etc, etc., but it is clear that the buy in is not there. Watching Denver play D the other night was significantly different than the Jazz and it was not a "system" difference it was a 'give a crap' difference. Watching Hood play D is a "give a crap" difference. Additionally, there is some of this same sort of behavior on the offensive end. Watch the screens away from the ball between the wings. They are so haphazard or marginal it makes me think there is a whole lot of going through the motions rather focused on true execution.

While it is true that we are young. It is true that the bench is thin/young. And we are not that good of a shooting team, I just think the overall effort and execution is below what we should expect. Young or not, you can hustle on D. I recall a game or two ago where three Jazz men all about 4 ft apart watched the ball bounce on the floor on a rebound while the opposition ran to the ball... This is type of behavior is not related to hand-eye talent, bbIQ, athleticism, draft position, but purely on desire.

It is a rookie coaching staff. That is the current issue. And we'll just have to see if QS and team can rise up.

The players look down.
Quin looked beat.
The arena looked empty.
Did anyone see Dennis Lindsey?

Okay, so lets recap here:

From the 2010 draft, the Jazz came away with Favors and Hayward. Favors is a solid rotation player on a contending team. Hayward is an above-average starter and a 2nd or 3rd-option player with near All Star potential.

From the 2011 draft, the Jazz came away with Kanter and Burks. Kanter is a pick-and-pop big with some rebounding ability. He may be trade bait. Burks is a rotation player and possibly a starting scoring guard on a contending team, depending on the other pieces.

From the 2012 draft, the Jazz were shut out by the Warriors' and Rockets' tank.

From the 2013 draft, the Jazz picked up Burke, Gobert and Neto. All three are decent backup-type role players, though Burke may need to move on.

From 2014, the Jazz grabbed Exum and Hood. Exum is a potential star and Hood a decent 2-way player in the making.

So compared to where we need to go as a contending team we have

1st option - MISSING
2nd option - Exum
3rd option - Hayward
4th option - Burks or Hood
5th option - Favors

Back-up PG - Burks or Neto
Back-up C - Gobert
Back-up SG - Hood or Burks
Back-up PF - Kanter or Booker

The Jazz need to draft a dynamic, athletic first-option scorer. Probably this is a fairly big player, a PF or PF/C.

we really need to get the crowd involved early. we play our best when we run and have fun. just have fun out there. we don't play lick of defense anyway, so just go out there and run. few fast breaks early wakes up the crowds. i hate bad turnovers, but i don't mind 'passionate' turnovers. attack the rim early.

He's soft right now. Needs to continue his strengthening. His upside is massive.

He is about a 1/4" shy of legit 7'. Weighs 255. Great handles, ELITE passing, average athlete, scores with a hook (both hands) in the paint while possessing NBA 3pt range (srsly), and has fantastic court vision/awareness/IQ.
4.0 student, has the 'it' factor to be an ESPN commentator, right now.
He's blocking at a rate of 6.33 per 36, too.

But, he is getting pushed around a little too much. He's super young and I think he will get there, but he's not some can't miss all-star.

Thanks.
I know you hate comps.

Sounds kinda like aldridge tbh (like that earlier comp for what you describe)

I think we need to give props to Favors who put up 21 and 13 with 5 blocks. He was controlling the paint for the most part.

Towns isn't even KU's best big. The other guy is like Tyson Chandler. He's the guy that makes KU scary. A big man who blocks everything, rebounds everything, and can be an anchor in the post while also agile enough to defend guards. Insane. He's the anti-Kanter. He and Favors would go a long way to improving our defense. Have gobert report come off the bench and you finally have a defense.

Towns isn't even KU's best big. The other guy is like Tyson Chandler. He's the guy that makes KU scary. A big man who blocks everything, rebounds everything, and can be an anchor in the post while also agile enough to defend guards. Insane. He's the anti-Kanter. He and Favors would go a long way to improving our defense. Have gobert report come off the bench and you finally have a defense.
CWS?