What's new

Give Ersan favors’ minutes

Lets not get carried away after one good game.

Although I think Favors needs to take rest games. He plays like an old man. A fresh Favors is good for all mankind.
At this point it is about the long game. Ersan won't replace Favors, and we may not win as many games with Ersan in the lineuo. I'd still play Favors to keep him in rhythm, but cut his minutes down and give him some nights off.

The bonus of having Ersan in rhythm for the playoffs if needed would be a big positive. He is still really crafty.

I think they should at least mix it up. Give Favors b2bs off, for sure. Maybe sit him one out of every three, something like that. That way, it gives Favors rest and the Jazz a chance to acclimate to an option where they can switch up their gameplay (by either going 5-out or going 2-big [yo]).

Lets not get carried away after one good game.

Although I think Favors needs to take rest games. He plays like an old man. A fresh Favors is good for all mankind.
Okay, but to be fair, when was the last time Favors had one good game as good as that one?

Last edited:
Ignore that last post.

Agree with the idea of some rest for favors and some ramp up for Ersan. Also, Ersan got a few easy shots due to no one caring about him, so that won’t happen in tougher matchup like playoffs. It did get him heated up cause he hit a couple of tough shots as well though... he played great.

If five triples is the standard for Ersan then I'm all for playing him over Favors - cause you're going to need it to make up for the layup line Indiana had in the game with Ersan on the floor and the numbers Drummond put up (who otherwise has been ****ing horrible in LAL) on Saturday.

Shouldn't we try Ersan at the 4 at some point in regular season?
I would like to see Conley, JC, Oni, Ersan and Rudy line up for a few streches.
I don’t think Ersan can defend most 4s as well as we’d hope. I think we might see that in a couple of matchups.

I think we are more likely to see an Ersan-Rudy combo than a Favs-Rudy combo, but not by a lot.

In short, I think Ersan is a best used as a 5.... and I hope Q agrees.