What's new

Gobert Injured in Practice: Grade II Sprained MCL

I'm hating some bitches in this thread. Yeah this sucks. But Rudy gone for 2-6 weeks didn't make us a treadmill team and it doesn't mean we tank. Any POS saying that deserves berry punches.

Even if we do horribly without Rudy and get a high draft pick, we will have Rudy and Dante back next year, and play a ton better than this year. It's not the end of the world, and that is worst case scenario. Chances are we play .500 ball or just worse, and then start playing really well in a month when Rudy is back to full speed.

Oddly enough, I bet Burke sees the most minutes increase because of this. Hayward will see some minutes at the 4, which means the three wing lineup will now feature a big and a pg instead of two bigs. It might not be great though, because Trey is too small to switch all the time on wing defense.

Oddly enough, I bet Burke sees the most minutes increase because of this. Hayward will see some minutes at the 4, which means the three wing lineup will now feature a big and a pg instead of two bigs. It might not be great though, because Trey is too small to switch all the time on wing defense.
Has Hayward spent much time at the 4 so far this season?

Honestly, I'm just hoping that either Withey or Lyles shows up these next few weeks and increase their value as trade assets. I'm not necessarily advocating that they trade them, but I think that Utah is in a position to make a big move if an opportunity presents itself. I'd like to have more value than just the draft picks if that's the case.

The thing that really sucks about Gobert being out is that Favors has to watch his fouls even more. Last game vs. Orlando he got in early foul trouble and we got blown out that game.

Honestly, I'm just hoping that either Withey or Lyles shows up these next few weeks and increase their value as trade assets. I'm not necessarily advocating that they trade them, but I think that Utah is in a position to make a big move if an opportunity presents itself. I'd like to have more value than just the draft picks if that's the case.

I kind of forgot that Lyles was on the team.

It's what it's and really hard to be accepted by all fans but still difficulties also bring some opportunities too. Gobert's gotta work on his body coordination and upper body in his rehabilitation period. Playing Hayward 4 is just fantasy and will not work well. Booker and Favors gotta cover his absence while not fouling a lot. Playing the pace up, more spacing may help getting the result too. More offense, more chance and more points. Also, it's surprising Kanter gets some matured. His tweet: Sending my best wishes to @rudygobert27 and praying for his speedy recovery.

It's what it's and really hard to be accepted by all fans but still difficulties also bring some opportunities too. Gobert's gotta work on his body coordination and upper body in his rehabilitation period. Playing Hayward 4 is just fantasy and will not work well. Booker and Favors gotta cover his absence while not fouling a lot. Playing the pace up, more spacing may help getting the result too. More offense, more chance and more points. Also, it's surprising Kanter gets some matured. His tweet: Sending my best wishes to @rudygobert27 and praying for his speedy recovery.

Good post, I agree with everything you said there.

Rep'd.

very true. The team has to make the best out of it, try to learn new things, test different things out, and Rudy can refresh and work in the meantime so that he is super duper fresh for the home stretch.

Won't matter if Utah's not getting w's

Sent from the JazzFanz app

It would matter. Favors is not a stat sheet player and he obviously can produce on high levels in boxcore so him scoring high will not mean the Jazz will lose. And if he averages a lot and gets selected for the All Star, it would be a nice motivation for him, fans and the club to keep going for the future since he is a "drafted" talent. Sort of.

It will hurt them even more with their paper thin roster. Booker and Neto (or Burke) as NBA starters is a scary thought. I'm not sure they can make the playoffs now, they may be at least 10 or 15 games behind when Gobert comes back, which could be too much to overcome.

My dream scenario is Gobert and Exum come back in March, they manage to get the 8th seed and they beat the Warriors in 1st round.

Good post, I agree with everything you said there.

Rep'd.
But why is playing Hayward at the 4 a fantasy?

Is Harrison Barnes so much bigger than Hayward?

they may be at least 10 or 15 games behind when Gobert comes to back
Wrong.

They would have to lose almost every game for this to be the case

bye bye 2015-2016

I think we still make the playoffs, just at a worse seed7/8.

With Gobert and Exum healthy this year maybe we get 4-6, and win a round. Lets just hope we can stay healthy next year,
and make a DEEP run into the playoffs.

Games thru 01/15 (about 6 weeks):

v. Magic 12/03
v. Pacers 12/05
@ Kings 12/08
v. Knicks 12/09
v. Thunder 12/11
@ Thunder 12/13
@ Spurs 12/14
v. Pelicans 12/16
v. Nuggets 12/18
v. Suns 12/21