What's new

Gobert Injured in Practice: Grade II Sprained MCL

https://www.rcmclinic.com/patient-i...-knee-diagnosis/85-grade-ii-or-iii-mcl-sprain

Injury or Condition
This injury represents an incomplete (Grade II) or a complete (Grade III) rupture of the collagen fibers which connect the ends of the femur (thigh bone) and the tibia (shin bone).

Cause
The most common cause is an excessive strain applied to the stabilizing ligament on the medial (inner) aspect of the knee during sports, such as skiing and soccer, or as the result of a fall.

Recovery
Expected recovery usually occurs in 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on the severity of the injury, although lingering minor stiffness and soreness for six months is not uncommon.

mcl_sprain_2_lg.jpg

Oh, 5 weeks seems major to me. This sucks.

I guess you woulda said this no matter who was backing him up, huh? Our depth definitely does not make me feel alright about this injury.

It sucks, but it's not like he is going to miss half the season.

**** MY GOD DAMN LIFE.

I am willing to sacrifice TPP and his fat head for a faster healing time...

I know he played few minutes till now but I would put Withey in starting lineup.

Last edited:
wish jazz can play 500 ball till he comes back.... then we will be fine

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I wonder if we'll see a line-up of Burke/Burks/Hood/Hayward/Favors...have Gordon be the Draymond of our small ball unit

I would like to see the jazz try to play small ball now that Gobert is out.

Play Hayward and ingles at the 4 often. Use favors at the five.

Would be awesome if the starting line-up featured Burks, hood, Hayward, and favors tomorrow night.
I doubt it happens though