What's new

Gobert rips teammates

Seem to bring the team together I approve us he did have a point im fine with a one and done gripe from rudy my ruby

I saw a lot more urgency.

The bottom line for me is that Rudy burns to win and really cares. It was perhaps a little clumsy how it came out but if that was a part of him being who he is then i'm ok with that package. I hardly expect it to be repeated.

The bottom line for me is that Rudy burns to win and really cares. It was perhaps a little clumsy how it came out but if that was a part of him being who he is then i'm ok with that package. I hardly expect it to be repeated.

Lol. Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

care to elaborate ?

So you were happy with the effort put forth in one of the most important games of the year ?

That's not what this is about. The words spoken by Rudy was selfish. U don't throw your team under the bus like that in the media. If u have issues u handle it behind closed doors as a family.

It was a punk *** move. U and everyone else here has been singing Haywards praises now u think he's soft and doesn't compete?

That's not what this is about. The words spoken by Rudy was selfish. U don't throw your team under the bus like that in the media. If u have issues u handle it behind closed doors as a family.

It was a punk *** move. U and everyone else here has been singing Haywards praises now u think he's soft and doesn't compete?

uh .. i'm assuming Hayward would have been the last one he was referring to. i've also given Rudy the benefit of the doubt that these are things that have been talked about already. Rudy said that Snyder had continuously urged the team to just compete and that he was frustrated that some continuously weren't doing it.

My opinion: Leaders shouldn't throw out vague shots at their teammates. Leaders take responsibility on their shoulders first and accept blame instead of dishing it out. Rudy was right in apologizing for his comments, especially in the public eye. I think what Rudy did has some benefit, but it's kind of a 1 time use thing.

I think there are more leadership models than just one.

I'm fine with rudy saying what he said.

You did? Because the Pelicans performed about the same offensively as the Clippers did against us. The only difference was the Pelicans shot poorly from the FT line and the Clippers didnt. The main difference offense was we went 15/27 from 3 against the Pelicans vs 8/26 from 3 against the Clippers. We got 18 FTA in each game which suggest our level of offensive aggression was similar in both games. We also shot a poorer percentage from 2 in the Pelicans game. So the real reason we won the Pelicans game: We hit our open 3's. Literally the only difference I saw between the two games.

I think there are more leadership models than just one.

Ehh, that isn't a model it's just a characteristic of a leader that is pretty widely agreed upon.

I dont think anyone here would like it if their boss or someone higher above them vaguely talked **** about them to the entire world.

What if Gordon Hayward said, after a game that was lost by a close margin, "You know, we got some guys who just weren't prepared to shoot FT's tonight".

Totally agree, but sometimes the right thing to do is not the right thing to do.

Totally agree, but sometimes the right thing to do is not the right thing to do.

If I were a part of that locker room we'd have had words but that's just me, and had I said something in the media, I'd have included me in the blame weather I deserved blame or not. We live and die by the team code. What Rudy did was give the media the license to criticize and speculate, and that's ********!!

Gobert words have been beneficial, I have never seen Withey playing so hard and Hood finally woke up. By the way Hood always plays well in absence of Hayward...is it only a coincidence?

I didn't like Hill response that called Gobert immature. I have the sensation Hill does not care too much about winning.

Gobert said what Snyder was supposed to say publicly but he seems too soft with the players. Same goes with refs, Snyder never protect his team from bad calls and Gobert is the only the player to react with refs when they disadvantage the Jazz.

Rudy just said the truth, some Jazz players do not compete in difficult games. Saying it publicly, it is more effective.

Keep Gobert "angry" and the Jazz will win more games.

Gobert is the team leader not only in words but with the facts too!

Last edited:
If I were a part of that locker room we'd have had words but that's just me, and had I said something in the media, I'd have included me in the blame weather I deserved blame or not. We live and die by the team code. What Rudy did was give the media the license to criticize and speculate, and that's ********!!

listening to you talk about these dynamics is High Comedy.

Ehh, that isn't a model it's just a characteristic of a leader that is pretty widely agreed upon.

I dont think anyone here would like it if their boss or someone higher above them vaguely talked **** about them to the entire world.

What if Gordon Hayward said, after a game that was lost by a close margin, "You know, we got some guys who just weren't prepared to shoot FT's tonight".

Oh, Coach Popovich is constantly appealing to his players pride. How do you know Rudy hasn't tried to address his issue internally before he talked to the media? Unless you're an insider, you don't.
What if there was no response and now Rudy decided to try and take this **** 1 step further regardless of whether it was productive...

Oh, Coach Popovich is constantly appealing to his players pride. How do you know Rudy hasn't tried to address his issue internally before he talked to the media? Unless you're an insider, you don't.
What if there was no response and now Rudy decided to try and take this **** 1 step further regardless of whether it was productive...

Again, not the right way to do it. The way he worded it was terrible "Some of us" that creates speculation among fans and media to who he is talking about. If he wants to call people out, he has to include him and the whole group. Separating yourself from the blame does not make for good leadership, even if it is true.

Oh, Coach Popovich is constantly appealing to his players pride.

It is true and I agree with that.

Let's not forget that Popovich has Serbian descendents.

It is typical of Balkan coaches to appeal their players pride to get a reaction of pride by them in difficult moments. It's no coincidence they are often successful coaches.

You did? Because the Pelicans performed about the same offensively as the Clippers did against us. The only difference was the Pelicans shot poorly from the FT line and the Clippers didnt. The main difference offense was we went 15/27 from 3 against the Pelicans vs 8/26 from 3 against the Clippers. We got 18 FTA in each game which suggest our level of offensive aggression was similar in both games. We also shot a poorer percentage from 2 in the Pelicans game. So the real reason we won the Pelicans game: We hit our open 3's. Literally the only difference I saw between the two games.

Thank you David Locke