What's new

Gobert rips teammates

reading through the entire comment on what he said it makes sense. I was at the Knicks game with my wife and we were both really upset by halftime that the only one that cared was Rudy. I love angry Rudy dont get me wrong, but everyone else didnt have any fire....I'm glad he said what he said. I do think he was emotional and had to get it off of his chest, and I'm glad he's emotional. His fire is contagious, and this team needed that spark sooooo bad. Its one thing for fans to think/say that kind of things, its another for teammate to, and if I was on the Jazz and heard that I wouldnt get butt hurt, I'd be playing harder because its a wake up call....playoffs are right around the corner and this is the worst time to go through a slump

Again, not the right way to do it. The way he worded it was terrible "Some of us" that creates speculation among fans and media to who he is talking about. If he wants to call people out, he has to include him and the whole group. Separating yourself from the blame does not make for good leadership, even if it is true.

1) remember that Rudy is from France, if you listen to his audio interviews you'll notice he's still away from speaking English naturally. So poor wording is something that can happen.
2) I think in Rudy's position it's very reasonable to exclude himself in this situation, because he clearly gives a **** and his effort is easily #1 on this roster.
3) Let me present you a scenario: Rudy is pissed, addressed it a month ago in the locker room and everybody was like: "Yo we hear you, we'll up our intensity"
Now Rudy monitors the situation and doesn't see any change, so he concludes it was mostly empty promises from some.
Regardless whether that's the best decision long term to call them out towards the media, he decides (And he's earned that right to decide IMO) to address that elsewhere, where he thinks it reminds the players of their promise to the team, where they can't avoid it and hopes it makes them reflect upon it. He maybe even decided that ppl who weren't self aware enough to interpret his concerns properly aren't fit to be on his team - And let me be clear, this is Rudy's team for now. (And here's why I said 'regardless whether that's the best decision long term' - Some of the players could go through a rough patch in other areas of their life that they're focused to change and be generally capable of providing Rudy's demanded level of effort later on in their careers but lost trust into Rudy because of the public shaming)

My conclusion is that going to the media just shows Rudy's level of desparation in that case because he sees coach not being able to ignite a spark in them and potentially team talks seemingly being meaningless in his eyes. I think it was courageous to put his reputation on the line and I think he's earned the right to do so with his improvement and overall level of play on both ends.

1) remember that Rudy is from France, if you listen to his audio interviews you'll notice he's still away from speaking English naturally. So poor wording is something that can happen.
2) I think in Rudy's position it's very reasonable to exclude himself in this situation, because he clearly gives a **** and his effort is easily #1 on this roster.
3) Let me present you a scenario: Rudy is pissed, addressed it a month ago in the locker room and everybody was like: "Yo we hear you, we'll up our intensity"
Now Rudy monitors the situation and doesn't see any change, so he concludes it was mostly empty promises from some.
Regardless whether that's the best decision long term to call them out towards the media, he decides (And he's earned that right to decide IMO) to address that elsewhere, where he thinks it reminds the players of their promise to the team, where they can't avoid it and hopes it makes them reflect upon it. He maybe even decided that ppl who weren't self aware enough to interpret his concerns properly aren't fit to be on his team - And let me be clear, this is Rudy's team for now. (And here's why I said 'regardless whether that's the best decision long term' - Some of the players could go through a rough patch in other areas of their life that they're focused to change and be generally capable of providing Rudy's demanded level of effort later on in their careers but lost trust into Rudy because of the public shaming)

My conclusion is that going to the media just shows Rudy's level of desparation in that case because he sees coach not being able to ignite a spark in them and potentially team talks seemingly being meaningless in his eyes. I think it was courageous to put his reputation on the line and I think he's earned the right to do so with his improvement and overall level of play on both ends.
You don't exclude yourself when handing out blame. If he wants credit when the D is great then he also has to take the blame for when its bad. Its cool Rudy is trying to take on a more vocal leadership role, but that is not the way to do it.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

You don't exclude yourself when handing out blame. If he wants credit when the D is great then he also has to take the blame for when its bad. Its cool Rudy is trying to take on a more vocal leadership role, but that is not the way to do it.

Again different people have different experiences and draw different conclusions from them. If you don't want to take my word for it, ask someone else who's got more/different experiences in those settings. Ask PKM as an owner of a mid(?)-sized business. There probably have been frictions in his 'locker room' as well and ask him to share anecdotes how differently those have played out and got resolved...
Some ppl are only capable of letting their guard down when they are super angry. For those kind of characters the situation created by Rudy can be healthy long term.

Again different people have different experiences and draw different conclusions from them. If you don't want to take my word for it, ask someone else who's got more/different experiences in those settings. Ask PKM as an owner of a mid(?)-sized business. There probably have been frictions in his 'locker room' as well and ask him to share anecdotes how differently those have played out and got resolved...
Some ppl are only capable of letting their guard down when they are super angry. For those kind of characters the situation created by Rudy can be healthy long term.
People are allowed different opinions, but they are wrong. Great leaders handle things internally and are the first ones to take blame publicly.

People are allowed different opinions, but they are wrong. Great leaders handle things internally and are the first ones to take blame publicly.

Yes if the flak comes from the ouside I agree. Taking a bullet for your teammate is a good thing often. But this is an internal problem that Rudy wanted to get out the way. If that's an issue in his mind he's free to try to resolve it to the best of his ability. There was no threat on the outside, there was discontent swelling in him and he wanted to have a talk! Different issues.

Yes if the flak comes from the ouside I agree. Taking a bullet for your teammate is a good thing often. But this is an internal problem that Rudy wanted to get out the way. If that's an issue in his mind he's free to try to resolve it to the best of his ability. There was no threat on the outside, there was discontent swelling in him and he wanted to have a talk! Different issues.
Nothing has changed though. Can you honestly say the effort level has improved since the Clippers game? And did you really think the effort level was bad in the Clippers game?

Nothing has changed though. Can you honestly say the effort level has improved since the Clippers game? And did you really think the effort level was bad in the Clippers game?

So you say he should just stay put and not try something at least? That's not his DNA. He's communicative and his patience was up. That's who he is, you gotta take the good with the bad.
I watched the Clippers game and I thought the intensity and focus of some players was ****. Only saw highlights from the New Orleans game since I didn't have time to fully watch it and I probably won't watch the whole Sacramento beatdown game. But I intend to rewatch the Wizards game on Saturday and I'll watch the Spurs game on Sunday night since it's an EU-friendly time. I'll be intrigued to see how they present themselves in those playoff caliber settings.

It's very much a European thing to just be blunt and direct and sometimes offensive. Europeans tend to not give a rats whether they offend someone and don't particularly care to indulge in false modesty. It would just be against the grain to take the blame for something when he knows damned well he's not part of it. Americans tend to waffle on and speak in cliches the way Gordon does. different sensibilities.

It's very much a European thing to just be blunt and direct and sometimes offensive. Europeans tend to not give a rats whether they offend someone and don't particularly care to indulge in false modesty. It would just be against the grain to take the blame for something when he knows damned well he's not part of it. Americans tend to waffle on and speak in cliches the way Gordon does. different sensibilities.

Must explain why America usually kicks Europe's *** in everything.

Nothing has changed though. Can you honestly say the effort level has improved since the Clippers game? And did you really think the effort level was bad in the Clippers game?[/URL]

The Jazz are 2-0 after Gobert remarks....everything else are just empty words.

He gave the team a wake up call.

Paul George comment after the Pacers loss last night: "There’s no urgency, no sense of urgency, no winning pride. This locker room is just not pissed off enough."

Paul George comment after the Pacers loss last night: "There’s no urgency, no sense of urgency, no winning pride. This locker room is just not pissed off enough."

3-0 after Gobert remarks!

Pacers 0-2 since PG's remarks.

I don't think it's a thing the Jazz need more of, but it did seem not to hurt this particular time.

you do understand what the term "tend to" means ????

Paul George is a seed spreading whiner this season, that's about the 4th or 5th time he's done that this season. He's clearly just trying to piss everyone off so they trade his arse to the Lakers.