What's new

Grayson Allen Apology Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
I think we all knew some dumbass would post this. Nice job making sure the bar always stays low for the board.

Dude don't wear your heart on your sleeve. You are more soft than Exum. Ask Donovan who he thinks is better ?

If your insults could only make glass bones better, sth up.

Lol

2 good games against G League teams missing their best players doesn’t warrant apologies. And no, us playing without Favors and Korver isn’t the same as the Suns playing without Booker and Ayton or the Kings without Fox and Stein.

So While I like what I see and hope it is a sign of things to come, let’s not get carried away.

yeah, it's like they get better or something.

And teams playing for the lottery put up little resistance either because they’re injury riddled and depleted or are tanking for better lottery picks.

The kings were playing on the back end of a b2b without Stein and Fox. Lol

The tanking Suns were playing without Ayton and Booker.

I like what we’re seeing but let’s also keep things in perspective.

Last edited:
Yeah maybe I was wrong, thought he’d never be a rotation player. Still early, he could be a poor mans korver or the next Exum surviving on potential

Yes. The NBA is not college basketball. It's a whole different game that takes a whole new learning process and strength. For some this happens overnight, for most this takes a season or two.

Hornecek had to change the way he shot the ball entirely upon entering the league because his release point was too low and he was getting blocked. He shot .279 from three his rookie season.

Remember that one game, against Washington I think, when CJ scored like 32 or something, right at the end of the season. Yep, it's like that.

And like I've said from the beginning, his ceiling is late career Eric Gordon. He's not going to be good at anything besides shooting/scoring. He has enough athleticism/size to make the occasional highlight play, but not enough to be a consistent finisher or foul drawer.

I'm pretty confident he will be able to reach that ceiling if he just learns not to be the worst defender in the NBA, like he might currently be.

Seems like a fair comparison, and I can't think of an X factor that would take him higher. However, I also remember 9/10 people calling Hayward's ceiling Mike Dunleavy Jr, most called him far worse. Trying to label a year 1 player is about as accurate as throwing darts blind folded.

I'm still waiting for @freakazoid to start and maintain a thread about which players are okay to criticize, take a funny shot at, and/or moan about. And HOW to do any of this up to the appropriate standards (or "bar"). It's hard to keep track of. We need permission and a playbook.

For example, he was leading the charge when it came to ****-talking about Trey Lyles. And there have been many other instances when he's taken aim at a jazzman. The rest of us just can't figure it out, I guess.

Lol

2 good games against G League teams missing their best players doesn’t warrant apologies. And no, us playing without Favors and Korver isn’t the same as the Suns playing without Booker and Ayton or the Kings without Fox and Stein.

So While I like what I see and hope it is a sign of things to come, let’s not get carried away.
I don't think anyone has gotten carried away.