What's new

Grayson Allen Apology Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
Allen is still good after tonight’s 2-5 5 pts performance, right? We’re still apologizing for claiming that he wasn’t a good rookie after tonight? I mean, after all, the Sacramento and Phoenix games...

Allen is still good after tonight’s 2-5 5 pts performance, right? We’re still apologizing for claiming that he wasn’t a good rookie after tonight? I mean, after all, the Sacramento and Phoenix games...
I havent seen anything that shows me that he cant be a NBA player. His defense is still mediocre at best, but he's still a rookie

I personally don't think he played that bad. Played some solid defense and didn't hoist up a ton of shots. He was the least of our problems tonight.

You’re very bad at your first language and any semblance of nuance.

I totally 100% hope I was wrong about Grayson. I am almost always on the "all rookies suck, give him time" train, but with Grayson's defense and looking so lost, I have been down on him. I've gone from "Likely bust" to "too soon to tell" PROVE ME WRONG!

I personally don't think he played that bad. Played some solid defense and didn't hoist up a ton of shots. He was the least of our problems tonight.

i thought he played great on D other than giving up a cut to the basket and dunk by KCP in the first half. offensively he was fine/went through the motions, my only gripe is that he wasn't as aggressive as he can be and passed up some decent looks. the most important hurdle that he's overcoming is showing that he can hang defensively these last few games.

CJ Miles was never a bust to anyone but Jazz fans that were enamored with the idea of giving him a really high potential ceiling. In other words, Miles was never a bust. He was Rodney Hood drafted out of high school. When the dude finally earned some PT he could go 7/9 fg with 3 3s. Then shoot 1/11.
The best thing about Miles was Troutbum's beef with him. If that had happened in today's day in age, @TroutBum would be looking at a lifetime ban.

Grayson, on the other hand, can't really be a bust to me. But since he was so damn good his sophomore year at Duke after coming out of nowhere to be their hero in their title run, he had high expectations.

This whole debate seems silly to me. Grayson Allen is what he is. He's a rookie that's capable of having his offense shine bright. He's also capable of disappearing and playing like a rookie. He struggles on defense and has been called out by Synder, but I don't think of this as he's never going to amount to anything. I'd be more surprised if he's out of the league in 5 years than if he stayed in the league 10 years.

I don't really have an opinion on him. I'm not mad having him on the team and hope he flourishes.

Last edited:
CJ Miles was never a bust to anyone but Jazz fans that were enamored with the idea of giving him a really high potential ceiling. In other words, Miles was never a bust. He was Rodney Hood drafted out of high school. When the dude finally earned some PT he could go 7/9 fg with 3 3s. Then shoot 1/11.
The best thing about Miles was Troutbum's beef with him. If that had happened in today's day in age, @TroutBum would be looking at a lifetime ban.

Grayson, on the other hand, can't really be a bust to me. But since he was so damn good his sophomore year at Duke after coming out of nowhere to be their hero in their title run, he had high expectations.

This whole debate seems silly to me. Grayson Allen is what he is. He's a rookie that's capable of having is offense shine bright. He's also capable of disappearing and playing like a rookie. He struggles on defense and has been called out by Synder, but I don't think of this as he's never going to amount to anything. I'd be more surprised if he's out of the league in 5 years than if he stayed in the league 10 years.

I dondo really have an opinion on him. I'm not mad having him on the team and hope he flourishes.

Your lack of opinion is the right one to have. Between playing time and adjusting to the length of the NBA, rookies performance isn't representative of the final product you'll be getting.
Hell CJ McCollum and Gordon Hayward went from 5 point a game scorers as rooks to 21 point prime scorers.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Dude can certainly play and is athletic as hell. He tends to make good decisions on the court too despite what his raw stats suggest.

It's a matter of buying into the system and leaving Duke days behind. Allen hasn't become a Utah Jazz player yet, his mind has been elsewhere. Good news is he has the fabric of a rotation-level player, if not starter and perhaps even more! Coach Q admitted he couldn't give him more PT because a playoff team can't tolerate rookie mistakes. I want to see what he can do once he gets into a rhythm.

artflow_201809302030_zpsxfno0c1g.jpg

artflow_201810011507_zpswzvqvv6s.jpg

Haha I forgot about these. Season 2 is getting close to starting.

Grayson hits 40/7/4 in his rookie year.

is that a better stat line than Exum will ever have?