What's new

Great Pyramid at Giza

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
Lol @ everyone who thinks the pyramids are easily explained.
I'm not trying to drag this out with you and you know I like and respect you.

I don't think the pyramids have been explained. At least I'm not familiar with any explanation that has achieved consensus.

So it's something that falls into the category I call "Since we have no idea what it is we know exactly what it is." Which is to say there are phenomenon or whatever that since people seem to have the attitude that since there is no good explanation that leaves only one possibility, their explanation.

I'm not trying to drag this out with you and you know I like and respect you.

I don't think the pyramids have been explained. At least I'm not familiar with any explanation that has achieved consensus.

So it's something that falls into the category I call "Since we have no idea what it is we know exactly what it is." Which is to say there are phenomenon or whatever that since people seem to have the attitude that since there is no good explanation that leaves only one possibility, their explanation.

Haha, I get you.

Enter pseudoscience.

Do you think the pyramid at giza was built using conventional labor? Single blocks that weigh 70 tons, hoisted 300 feet into the sky. Where did the granite come from?

I've read a theory they were rolled in on top of colossal trees , well where are these giant trees? What is the truth? So many questions and very poor answers.

The link red posted said that each single block weighs about 2.5 tons rather than 70 tons. If they really weighed 70 tons for each block then that is 154,000 pounds (approximately) per block which is insane.

Yes that is freaking insane, per Wikipedia the largest blocks are estimated to weigh between 50 and 80 tons

If you like big stones, hard to top the stones at the Roman site of Baalbek, Lebanon:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...carved-was-just-discovered-lebanon-180953518/

A team of German and Lebanese archeologists just uncovered the largest manmade stone block ever discovered. The block, which was found in a limestone quarry in Baalbek, Lebanon, measures 64 feet by 19.6 feet by 18 feet, Gizmodo reports, and weighs an estimated 1,650 tons. Other massive manmade blocks were previously found nearby, including one weighing up to 1,240 tons and nicknamed "The Stone of the Pregnant Woman."

Bekaa%20Valley%2011%20Baalbek%20Stone%20of%20the%20Pregnant%20Woman%20Roman%20Monolith%20At%20the%20South%20Entrance.jpg

The megalithic walls at Sacsayhuman, Peru, are not too shabby either, especially the way they were cut and fitted like a jigsaw puzzle. Made them more earthquake proof, but I'd love to know "how they do that?", lol...

lqyz4g438yu21.jpg

The mundane scientists argue these granite blocks were brought from a location 500 miles away... 500 miles.

Placed atop massive rolled trees

I remember one fellow tried to replicate that and concluded it would have taken the integrity of multiple trees per block, that even given them the benefit of the hardest known wood it was destroyed after just a few rolls and that there weren't enough trees in all of northern africa to pull that off.

Here's another marvel of the pyramid: https://themindunleashed.com/2013/06/the-great-8-sided-pyramid.html

A fact not so well known, is the unusual feature of the Great Pyramid is a concavity of the core that makes the monument an eight-sided figure, rather than four-sided like every other Egyptian pyramid.

That is to say, that its four sides are hollowed in or indented along their central lines, from base to peak. This concavity divides each of the apparent four sides in half, creating a very special and unusual eight-sided pyramid; and it is executed to such an extraordinary degree of precision as to enter the realm of the uncanny. For, viewed from any ground position or distance, this concavity is quite invisible to the naked eye.

The hollowing-in can be noticed only from the air, and only on the equinoxes. This explains why virtually every available photograph of the Great Pyramid does not show the hollowing-in phenomenon, and why the concavity was never discovered until the age of aviation. It was discovered quite by accident in 1940, when a British Air Force pilot, P. Groves, was flying over the pyramid. He happened to notice the concavity and captured it in the now-famous photograph (top image).

The photo above illustrates the curious optical phenomena that appears on the pyramid without its casing, at dawn and sunset at the time of the equinoxes (around 21 March and 22 Sept), a shadow appears on the south face of the great pyramid, apparently dividing it in half, with the shaded side nearest the sun.

This poses some more interesting questions regarding our ancient past..

This thread is pretty crazy to read.

Two things have come to mind.

archimedes1-2x.jpg

H5ztAD5.gif

Simple devices and tools to move and manipulate heavy objects. Just think what could be done when you have thousands and hundreds of thousands of slaves to think and create and experiment with.

This thread is pretty crazy to read.

Two things have come to mind.

archimedes1-2x.jpg

H5ztAD5.gif

Simple devices and tools to move and manipulate heavy objects. Just think what could be done when you have thousands and hundreds of thousands of slaves to think and create and experiment with.
This is a good point, but the consensus these days seems to be that the pyramids were primarily built using skilled laborers, not slaves.

This is a good point, but the consensus these days seems to be that the pyramids were primarily built using skilled laborers, not slaves.
Even to move the blocks 500 miles?

And let me ask a question. If the pharaoh told a slave to move a rock, anything other than compliance is death. If the pharaoh told a skilled laborer to build a pyramid, would anything other than compliance still lead to death?

If my memory serves, I recall anyone in Egypt during this time had several months each year of compelled service to the pharaoh. Grand projects like the pyramids are a result.

Even to move the blocks 500 miles?

And let me ask a question. If the pharaoh told a slave to move a rock, anything other than compliance is death. If the pharaoh told a skilled laborer to build a pyramid, would anything other than compliance still lead to death?

If my memory serves, I recall anyone in Egypt during this time had several months each year of compelled service to the pharaoh. Grand projects like the pyramids are a result.
https://harvardmagazine.com/2003/07/who-built-the-pyramids-html

I found this pretty convincing.

Y'all seen that video of the grandpa in Michigan moving big-*** blocks by himself (I think he was making some sort of Stonehenge replica)? There's that Coral Castle thing down in Florida as well. Simple tools really are amazing things.

How do you measure density without first knowing the mass?

you can

If it sinks in a liquid with known density of 1.005 g/cm3 and floats in a substance with known density of 1.015, you know the density is 1.010 plus or minus 0.005

Hydrometers use this principle to directly measure density without measuring mass. Chemists and home brewers use them.

Last edited: