What's new

Griffin PIGS get slaughtered in LA tonight

Good stuff. The talent gap has been hard to see for a month now. Jazz would still lose more games with the young guys for experience reasons, but that's going away soon enough. Next season is going to be fun.

Why didn't you post this year, when Al is on the court with Favors/Kanter the Jazz are a -3.5. And when Millsap is on the floor with Favors/Kanter the Jazz are a +13.

The problem begins and ends with Al. He can't play with Paul. He can't play with Favors/Kanter. He can't play with Hayward. He can't play with Mo. He couldn't play with Deron. Sloan couldn't coach him.

Once Al is gone, this team will be better. We will win more games. I said this at the end of last year. If Al wasn't on the team last year, we would have been the sixth seed.

If the Jazz had gotten rid of Al at the TD last year, we would have gotten the sixth seed last year and would be fighting for a home court spot this year, instead of treading water and fighting for an 8th seed...again...with all the same problems we had last year.

I think it's time to just admit that griffin outclasses Millsap. No shame in this. He's one of the most talented PFs in the game. He's the closest thing to Malone as we've seen in years.

The problem is, why the hell does Jordan own Jefferson so bad?

Where the hell did that come from? Jordan had 7 for the entire game and Jefferson's first five shots were very good looks, they just didn't drop. So in what way does Jordan own Jefferson? Listen I fully understand that Jefferson has serious flaws, but the Jefferson hate on this board is becoming irrational.

Why didn't you post this year, when Al is on the court with Favors/Kanter the Jazz are a -3.5. And when Millsap is on the floor with Favors/Kanter the Jazz are a +13.

The problem begins and ends with Al. He can't play with Paul. He can't play with Favors/Kanter. He can't play with Hayward. He can't play with Mo. He couldn't play with Deron. Sloan couldn't coach him.

Once Al is gone, this team will be better. We will win more games. I said this at the end of last year. If Al wasn't on the team last year, we would have been the sixth seed.

Yes, yes, and yes. That is why I would have personally traded BA for a bag of doritos. Having him gone for nothing makes it a better team. Certainly in the long run, and with him gone the long run becomes shorter. But he is Ty's security blanket, the guy who can get up 20 shots per game and maybe score 20 points doing so.

Why doesn't any reporter bring this up? Why not call Corbin out on his bs? If we can all see this why can't they?

If you follow them on twitter then you'd realize the only analysis they offer is jumbotron analysis - all they discuss is the score, points, or rebounds. The other 70% of their tweets are bad jokes or attempted witty observations and insights. It's unfortunate that the best analysis and reporting done about the team comes from the radio play by play guy.

Edit- PK is pretty good at criticizing Corbin, but he isn't a beat writer in contact with Corbin every game.

FWIW, Al was switched onto Griffin for 2 of his 4 early 3rd quarter buckets . A third was on an offensive rebound off a pick and roll. Millsap was pretty engaged last night, and played well.

I knew Griffin was going to come out in the 3rd loaded for bear; Griffin is too good a player to let his poor 1st quarter performance against Millsap stand. I called it at the half. I also knew that starting the 3rd with Foye, Marvin, and Tinsley was going to be a disaster unless they started hitting some outside shots. -- they didn't and it was. I called that one as well. I don't fault Millsap or Jefferson for what happened in the 3rd, because playing 2 against 5 is far above their skill set.

But Tyrone says: But Corbin was quick not too hang the loss entirely on his first group.

"It’s one game," he said, "and the starting group just didn’t get it going."

Its one game? Are you crazy? Are you daft? They do this almost every game, head coach Tyrone. Watch the freakin games why donchya? What self delusion!

This is unreal. I would normally say this is a coach not wanting to publicly throw guys under the bus, but then he starts the same ****ing ineffective lineup again and again.

why dont you explain then, why al jefferson isnt worth the paper his 50million dollar contract is worth. be sure to include the outliers of why you cant win with al but were 17-8 in the past 2 months, and explain to me how we made the playoffs DESPITE al last year. and DESPITE al this year. and Next year too.

your gonna tell me our best players averaging 20mins did the heavy lifting.. and you find that to be 100% infallible logic, correct?

call me out on my english i assure you thats the only realm you even have a chance at trolling. your logic is easily debunked. explain yourself, youve been called out

Jazz have a MUCH better record when jeffy doesn't play than when he does.

The jazz are 7-1 without al.

5-1 then.

That is still pretty good no?

I'm not sure. All home games? All road games? Games against sub .500 teams or all against above .500 teams?

I think basic +/- and basic records with and without can be misleading. I'm not saying the 5-1 record is in this case, but I don't know. Pretend Al was injured on a 5 game road trip and we went 2-3, I wouldn't use that as evidence that we are better with him either.

I'm not sure. All home games? All road games? Games against sub .500 teams or all against above .500 teams?

I think basic +/- and basic records with and without can be misleading. I'm not saying the 5-1 record is in this case, but I don't know. Pretend Al was injured on a 5 game road trip and we went 2-3, I wouldn't use that as evidence that we are better with him either.

I think that 5-1 is a good record all the time, no matter who they played..... would it be better if all six games were against miami and okc? Sure it would. But a 5-1 record against sacramento, charlotte, new orleans, washington, cleveland, and minnesota would still be good. (hell i remember losing to sacramento and new orleans alot lately WITH al)

I think that 5-1 is a good record all the time, no matter who they played..... would it be better if all six games were against miami and okc? Sure it would. But a 5-1 record against sacramento, charlotte, new orleans, washington, cleveland, and minnesota would still be good. (hell i remember losing to sacramento and new orleans alot lately WITH al)

one of those was the first win in la in years.
last year on of the best games jaz zplayed in staples center ever.
kanter and favors where beasting