What's new

Griffin PIGS get slaughtered in LA tonight

Looked up the 2007 Cavs. Yeah, that's pretty weak.....very weak.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

Let me think about who I'd rather have....

Cavs
Ilgauskus
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic
Larry Hughes

Jazz
Paul Millsap
Marvin Wiliams
Randy Foye
Jamal Tinsley

....give me a minute. I'm thinking....

whats his point anyway, that if al cant do it with 'foye' and 'marvin' LBJ cant do it either...?

that team made the damn finals, is that nothing around here.

youd think this was a yankees forum the way everyones got their own formula to build championships. and how everyones so quick to push the blow up button

i'm noy greedy i dont need more than 5000.
just need about 5000.
but proves you are not "fitlhy rich

most filthy rich people dont even tip the delivery guy. i know, i used to be a delivery boy in manhattan.

why do you need 5000? ill tell you why its a want and not a need. you need to get your head in them books tho, playa. thats where the real alpha assets hide.

most filthy rich people dont even tip the delivery guy. i know, i used to be a delivery boy in manhattan.

why do you need 5000? ill tell you why its a want and not a need. you need to get your head in them books tho, playa. thats where the real alpha assets hide.

it's a secret.
and it aint a want.
it's a Need.

i know the difference between want and need.

anywwho i'm off to bed

just saw the sportcenter highlights for this game, every single play they showed was griffin making spectacular plays against paul and derrick in the 2nd half

Edit: 198th post. my objective to win jazzfanz in under 200posts is failing, so im saving my 2 posts for the draft thread.

ill be here. lurking.

sorry if you actually enjoyed my posts, im very busy and working on some ground-breaking algorithms. post 201 will be on the last night of the reg season.

~Tha Point Gawd signing out~

Alveterzane!!!

EDIT: VVV you down there, way to put words in my mouth, weaksauce. the norm, numberica, ironic that members with those chosen names wouldn't recognize the vibrancy of this team

both of you guys need to either go find a new chick or find your first chick.(dont ever say i wasent trying to be helpful, PG_AB wants the best for everyone, even if they dont see it.)

My idea of an agreeable person is one who agrees with me - benjamin disraeli (<-- summary of this board. except whoever gave me rep, yall cool)

Last edited:
Reactions: BHP
just saw the sportcenter highlights for this game, every single play they showed was griffin making spectacular plays against paul and derrick in the 2nd half

Well that wraps up that debate - before those highlights I thought Favors was a better defender than Big Al but watching that cleared everything up for me.

I'm indifferent to Al. I don't think Al will be brought back. But you're out of your mind if you think Al is the problem. All the analysts look at the Jazz and say the problem is Foye. ESPN repeatedly says that Marvin Williams is the worst starting SF in the league. Al has his faults, but he and Sap are playing with 2nd-rate players in the starting line-up.

That's a great point. People are bitching so much about Al and Paul, but these guys actually held their own tonight against Griffin and Jordan. Look at the other 3 starters though: Foye, Tinsley, and Marvin combined for 0-9 shooting, 0 FT attempts, and 0 points. This is pretty much as bad as it gets.

That's a great point. People are bitching so much about Al and Paul, but these guys actually held their own tonight against Griffin and Jordan. Look at the other 3 starters though: Foye, Tinsley, and Marvin combined for 0-9 shooting, 0 FT attempts, and 0 points. This is pretty much as bad as it gets.

i'm giving foye a pass becuase i think he has produced well this season for the most part. but i have finally turned on the other two, it is just unacceptable for corbin to be starting players that are barely rotation caliber. tinsley is due to injuries in fairness, but i genuinely think we'd be better off bringing burks or hayward into the starting lineup for him, unless we are playing another side with a bad pg.

This loss is all on Ty. And the three jokers (Foye, Tinsley, and Marv) who he put in the starting lineup tonight. The starting lineup who sucked hard in the 1st (minus Paul) and the bench (to be fair to the starters, Al and Paul too) brings them back. And then everyone and their mother knew it was coming, the same ineffectual group started the 3rd and proceeded to give up a 13 nothing ****ing run to start the quarter, with Ty subbing absolutely ****ing nobody until the game was out of reach and any sort of momentum the Jazz gained in the 2nd was long dead.

The three guys combined for 51 minutes and gave the Jazz zero ****ing points and 0-9 from the field. Meanwhile poor Damare Carroll gets 5 minutes, when it's obvious he should be getting PT over Marv who is about as ineffective as it gets. Hell, even Kevin Murphy deserved more minutes than Foye or Tinsley tonight.

**** Ty and his vet worshiping. And **** the Jazz announcers and the crew who work for them for not having the balls to come out and call Ty out on his awful subbing tonight.

hayward next to al in starting lineup will not work.

it will be hayward who will be doing a dissaepating act

if you put hayward foye tinsley sap and jeffysuck in the starting 5.
hayward will be 5th option

and will dissapear

hayward starting allongside jefferson will make hayward less efficient.

This is false. And completely untrue. Hayward played a lot of minutes with Al, mostly in the first and did a good job of it as well

That was unfathomable. I had to rewind my ****ing DVR twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. The weed isn't that good here.
What was unfathomable was Harpring (or was it boler) saying at the end of the 3rd that this game was growing pains for Favors, Hayward and Burks. My reaction was yelling WTF are you talking about it looks like they are the only guys actually succeeding at playing.

Last edited:
And Griffin got his *** ****ed by Millsap in the first half. But go on ahead.
If Millsap played like that on a consistent basis not many of us would have a problem with him. But he doesn't. He put in one good quarter against a great PF. Then dissappeared like he does in most games. When Paul was dominating Griffin the Jazz were still losing. When Griffin took it to Millsap the Clippers ended the game early in the 3rd quarter.

The most disappointing thing to me hasn't been the play of any one player but the development of our coach. When Sloan left I had hope that I'd see changes to the stubbornness to play young players, ride the hot hand, adjust during the game, and defense. Instead, we see the exact same loyalty to undeserving vets, concrete lineups and sub patterns no matter the matchup, p&r defense that makes even boozer and memo laugh, and by far the worst jazz offense I've ever seen.

If a team playing Carlos arroyo, ak, raja, and Collins can somehow run an offense and score then why does this team struggle so much to score against good teams? Seriously, if the jazz don't score in transition or if our bigs face a decent matchup inside, we flat out don't score.

Why don't we run an offense?

Where is our leader? Where is that guy holding candy asses accountable? Why doesn't our coach ever pick up a tech to try and wake up his team? When will our coach tell Marvin (Giricek style) to go to the end of the bench and b about it?

We could have the dream team here and still struggle with the coach that we have. To me, this has been the biggest disappointment. I had hope for this change when Sloan left. Instead I see many of the same deficiencies. Except they're exaggerated even worse without the leadership, passion, or offensive genius.

When Paul was dominating Griffin the Jazz were still losing. When Griffin took it to Millsap the Clippers ended the game early in the 3rd quarter.
and? The Jamaal-Foye-Marvin-Millsap-Al lineup played 11:50 together, and were outscored 33-11. The only player who scored or did anything positive in that lineup was Paul. Millsap is unable to beat the Clippers 1-on-5, which is what he was left to do.

I also can't understand those defending Al because Marvin, Foye and Jamaal were worse. Al **** the bed tonight. He had no one to guard, and yet was lazy in team and transition defense, and shot a blistering 8-19, while drawing only a single shooting foul.

and? The Jamaal-Foye-Marvin-Millsap-Al lineup played 11:50 together, and were outscored 33-11. The only player who scored or did anything positive in that lineup was Paul. Millsap is unable to beat the Clippers 1-on-5, which is what he was left to do.

I also can't understand those defending Al because Marvin, Foye and Jamaal were worse. Al **** the bed tonight. He had no one to guard, and yet was lazy in team and transition defense, and shot a blistering 8-19, while drawing only a single shooting foul.
Millsap was lazy and disinterested in the 3rd quarter while having the best player to guard. I'm not defending Al or any of the starters. They were all pathetic and that includes Millsap.