What's new

Griffin PIGS get slaughtered in LA tonight

yeah, ikr bledsoe killed us tonight, what an impactful player. we should run our offense thru him! DAMN U KOC!!!!!!
1234482849341.gif

Cool not-post reading, dude.

True. But I'm focusing on this year. Could you imagine what the media would be saying if Lebron James were playing on a team whose starting line-up was Tinsley, Foye and Marvin Williams? It would be getting spurned on national television every single day.
If you swap Al for Lebron, this team easily wins 50 games, and possibly 60.

They're both on rookie contracts still.

Al wasn't traded. Look at it this way:

If the Jazz had no intentions of resigning Al, and building the team around Favors and Kanter, they would have moved him at the deadline. IF no acceptable trades were presented, then Al's minutes would IMMEDIATELY drop. He wouldn't start, and Favors or Kanter (whoever the Jazz felt was the potential "piece" would start above Al).

The fact that the Jazz are still playing as if Al is still "the man" shows you their intentions with Al. He is arguably our fourth best big, yet they treat him as if he is their best.

Al is the future for the Jazz. Every move the Jazz make screams this. Don't listen to what they tell you. Look at what their actions say they are doing.

Al has tons of talent, but lacks dominance. His defense is at times acceptable yet never impressive. Saying he's the problem is off, it's corbins lack of creative play calling and lack of mixing up plays. Unfortunately he's a version of Jerry Sloan that on his best day would be Jerry's worst. Until o'conner retires i fear the Jazz are stuck with this mess.

Anyway, I'm trying to be done being mad. The worse the starters play, (and the better the bench plays) the more it decreases the chance that this path of madness continues. This organization will not budge unless forced, so pray for losses. The worst case scenario is that the veterans that they just might go ahead and re-sign anyway would be on cheaper deals and easier to move out of the starting lineup (which is important for Iron Spine Corbin).

Call it a silver lining.

It's a request for you to speak to me in complete sentences, with proper grammar.

why dont you explain then, why al jefferson isnt worth the paper his 50million dollar contract is worth. be sure to include the outliers of why you cant win with al but were 17-8 in the past 2 months, and explain to me how we made the playoffs DESPITE al last year. and DESPITE al this year. and Next year too.

your gonna tell me our best players averaging 20mins did the heavy lifting.. and you find that to be 100% infallible logic, correct?

call me out on my english i assure you thats the only realm you even have a chance at trolling. your logic is easily debunked. explain yourself, youve been called out

Anyway, I'm trying to be done being mad. The worse the starters play, (and the better the bench plays) the more it decreases the chance that this path of madness continues. This organization will not budge unless forced, so pray for losses. The worst case scenario is that the veterans that they just might go ahead and re-sign anyway would be on cheaper deals and easier to move out of the starting lineup (which is important for Iron Spine Corbin).

Call it a silver lining.
probably not.
rember watson getting no minutes last year.
corbins lack of spine buckled

Call it a silver lining.

I completely agree.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?14316-Why-I-want-the-Jazz-to-lose-tonight

If the Jazz had no intentions of resigning Al, and building the team around Favors and Kanter, they would have moved him at the deadline. IF no acceptable trades were presented, then Al's minutes would IMMEDIATELY drop. He wouldn't start, and Favors or Kanter (whoever the Jazz felt was the potential "piece" would start above Al).

The fact that the Jazz are still playing as if Al is still "the man" shows you their intentions with Al. He is arguably our fourth best big, yet they treat him as if he is their best.

Al is the future for the Jazz. Every move the Jazz make screams this. Don't listen to what they tell you. Look at what their actions say they are doing.

To be fair, the Jazz are just doing what almost other organization would do in the same situation (and would still be dumb and wrong). Taking that into consideration, I wouldn't say that the Jazz are fated to another 3 years of (Al's) crap.

The team has been playing well. They aren't just going to stop playing one of their best players. Also, just because they didn't move him this week doesn't mean they want to annihilate his trade value. They can still sign and trade him in the offseason. What you're suggesting isn't a thing that happens in reality.

I'm looking at the play-by-play at the beginning of the 3rd quarter....

The Jazz didn't score a bucket in the first 4 minutes of the quarter until Al scored a lay-up at 8:07.
Al missed 2 shots.
Sap missed 2 shots.
Marvin and Foye each missed a 3-pt shot.

Meanwhile, the Clippers only missed 2 shots, shooting 4/6 from the field, and both times they missed Griffin got the offensive rebound.
The Clippers also drew 3 shooting fouls, 2 by Griffin and 1 by Butler.
Griffin scored 10 points in less than 4 minutes.
Butler scored another 4 points.

The Clippers outscored the Jazz 14 - 0 in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Not to pick on anyone in particular, but it looks to me like Millsap got his a$$ handed to him by Griffin.
Griffin scores 10 points, grabs 2 offensive boards (the Clips' only 2 misses), and draws 2 fouls on Sap for And-1 plays in just 4 minutes.

Favors comes in for Millsap.

To be fair, the Jazz are just doing what almost other organization would do in the same situation (and would still be dumb and wrong). Taking that into consideration, I wouldn't say that the Jazz are fated to another 3 years of (Al's) crap.

Then why did his minutes not drop, and Kanter's rise, when Kanter is CLEARLY playing better?

The team has been playing well. They aren't just going to stop playing one of their best players. Also, just because they didn't move him this week doesn't mean they want to annihilate his trade value. They can still sign and trade him in the offseason. What your suggesting isn't a thing that happens in reality.
? really

one pf their best.
he is not even the 3rd best big

Then why did his minutes not drop, and Kanter's rise, when Kanter is CLEARLY playing better?

Because that is just not how the NBA works most of the time. I'm sure it has something to do with agents and keeping their relationships with small-market franchises at the mercy of everything good, in addition to trying to get a return on your investment in addition to not wanting to look like an organization in some kind of distress.

I also wouldn't say Kanter is CLEARLY better. Kanter is still pretty inconsistent (which I think time will iron out, but it's not there, or not yet anyway).