What's new

Gun Control

Not sure if this was posted yet....

https://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms/sites/sltrib/pages/slidegallery.csp?cid=55649700&pid=4574822

But this pic was taken at JCPenney yesterday.

This guy is a ****ing jackass, IMO.

edit: full story here: https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55649700-78/yorgason-carry-kelley-gun.html.csp

do I call homosexual men holding hands and kissing in the park jackasses?
no so shut up.
if homosexuals have the right to kiss and hold hands in public, people should be allowed to have their weapons.

not because you disagree with the guy he is a jackass.
you are the jackass.

if that guy makes you feel uncomfortable. and therefore should not be allowed to have a gun in public. lets ban everything that makes people uncomfortable.
did you know black guys with hoodies make certain people uncomfortable.
lets ban them.

anyway you sir are now the biggest jackass on jazzfanz.
and thats saying a lot. because i thought i was the biggest jackass round these here parts

Why? Because it makes people uncomfortable?

Ya, that would be one reason. Another reason is because the only reason he was carrying that gun is so people will look and point at him, take pictures of him and basically give him the attention that he desires.

Not sure if this was posted yet....

https://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms/sites/sltrib/pages/slidegallery.csp?cid=55649700&pid=4574822

But this pic was taken at JCPenney yesterday.

This guy is a ****ing jackass, IMO.

edit: full story here: https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55649700-78/yorgason-carry-kelley-gun.html.csp

The main problem i have with this guy is that if the shooting at that school never happened and there wasn't all this talk of gun control right now, then he would never have done this.... He wore this gun into the mall just to push peoples buttons.

And dutch, just because its your right to do something and you can do something, does not mean you should do it.
For example: Its my right to walk around flipping everyone that i see off, but it doesn't mean i should do it..... if i was to walk around and flip people off for no reason then i would expect that people would think i was a douchebag.

I also have the freedom of speech.... so that means i could walk around cursing at everyone i see, you know walk up to little kids and start swearing at them.... Freedom of speach is my right after all, but that doesn't mean i should do stuff like that.

Ya, that would be one reason. Another reason is because the only reason he was carrying that gun is so people will look and point at him, take pictures of him and basically give him the attention that he desires.

prove it.
maybe he was worried obama would come and take his gun while he was away to run some errands.
would you think a jew walking like that in the 1939 walking in nazi germany was crazy. at the time you would think they where crazy if they walked around with thompson machine guns.
heck 99.99999% of the world would consider them crazy.
they would have made people uncomfortable.
but looking back at it it should have been justified to do it.

well that commie "president" called obeezy is comming for his gun.
so he needs it on him to prevent obeezy from taking it :)

The main problem i have with this guy is that if the shooting at that school never happened and there wasn't all this talk of gun control right now, then he would never have done this.... He wore this gun into the mall just to push peoples buttons.

obama that commie guy is comming for his gun. so just to be safe he needs it to protect himself from obamas gestapo.
you might never know when they are comming for his gun.
he might return from the corner store and just see atf drive away with his gun.

so yeah if school shooting never happened
obama would not have had this knee jerk reaction. so this guy wouldnt have to worry about his gun being taken. so he could leave it safe at home

also America is changing trampling rights left and right
screwing with the bill of rights.
who knows what america might be transforming into. it aint your father/grandfathers America anymore.
the so called land of the free.
so yeah when **** goes bad that guy is prepared.

what you call paranoid, and provoking. i call cautious and taking a stand

I think him shopping with his assault rifle on his back was a bit excessive. His handgun would have been enough protection. However, he has every right to do what he did and I would not have been uncomfortable. Guy was not threatening anyone in any way. If he had been there would have been much more to the story.

This also happened in Oregon. Two guys were walking down the street with assault rifles on their backs and handguns on their belts. About 5-10 911 calls were made. When the cops showed up they checked their permits, saw they were not threatening anyone and told them to have a nice day.

I have been shoping at various palces (McDonalds, Walmart...) and seen and been with armed people and it didn't bother me at all.

also America is changing trampling rights left and right
screwing with the bill of rights.
who knows what america might be transforming into. it aint your father/grandfathers America anymore.

You mean, there was a time in history when the US did not trample on rights left and right? When?

I have been shoping at various palces (McDonalds, Walmart...) and seen and been with armed people and it didn't bother me at all.

I've hung around people who were carrying baseball bats, and it never bothered me. Yet, some people (not you, of course) think it was inherently threatening in Philadelphia outside a voting booth.

I've hung around people who were carrying baseball bats, and it never bothered me. Yet, some people (not you, of course) think it was inherently threatening in Philadelphia outside a voting booth.

i always feel safe in a well armed society. it is a society of peace and wonder. you dont have to look over your shoulder.
unlike here always looking over my shoulder.
ccus alw abiding citizen have no weapons. while criminals have weapons. makes you look over your shoulder every single moment of the day. thats not a way to live.

i'd take a society armed to the teeth over a society of unarmed law abiding citizen any day of the week

I think him shopping with his assault rifle on his back was a bit excessive. His handgun would have been enough protection. However, he has every right to do what he did and I would not have been uncomfortable. Guy was not threatening anyone in any way. If he had been there would have been much more to the story.

This also happened in Oregon. Two guys were walking down the street with assault rifles on their backs and handguns on their belts. About 5-10 911 calls were made. When the cops showed up they checked their permits, saw they were not threatening anyone and told them to have a nice day.

Ya i would prefer to have 911 calls be used for the right reasons.... also i dont like that the cops time was wasted needing to go find these guys to check for permits.

Like i said before... just because you have the right to do something, does not me that its always a good idea to do it.

What if that guy walked into the mall with that rifle and another guy carrying a handgun saw the guy with the rifle and thought that the guy witht the rifle was at the mall to kill people? Then the guy with the handgun pulls his gun and draws on the rifle guy, and the rifle guy sees another man with a gun aimed at him, so he gets scared and they both start firing.
Thank god nothing like that happened, but when you bring something into a public place that is scary to alot of the public, then you are increasing the chances for something bad to happen.

Ya i would prefer to have 911 calls be used for the right reasons.... also i dont like that the cops time was wasted needing to go find these guys to check for permits.

Like i said before... just because you have the right to do something, does not me that its always a good idea to do it.

What if that guy walked into the mall with that rifle and another guy carrying a handgun saw the guy with the rifle and thought that the guy witht the rifle was at the mall to kill people? Then the guy with the handgun pulls his gun and draws on the rifle guy, and the rifle guy sees another man with a gun aimed at him, so he gets scared and they both start firing.
Thank god nothing like that happened, but when you bring something into a public place that is scary to alot of the public, then you are increasing the chances for something bad to happen.
nonsense, guys with guns dont ussually draw on guys with guns.

guys with guns dont ussually draw on guys with guns.

I thought the whole point of being able to have guns is so you can protect yourself from someone going on one of these killing sprees like what happened in the movie theatre, at the sandy hook school, and even at the mall here in salt lake city.

nonsense, guys with guns dont ussually draw on guys with guns.

This is a really wierd comment dutch.

I think if someone is coming at me with a gun, then that is exactly the time i would want to use my gun on someone..... if someone is coming at me with thier fists, or words or something, then i would not use my gun.

I thought the whole point of being able to have guns is so you can protect yourself from someone going on one of these killing sprees like what happened in the movie theatre, at the sandy hook school, and even at the mall here in salt lake city.

you actually dont know what i mean.
guys who carry guns dont go around pulling and drawing there guns on guy with guns.
they just smile and nod to eachother.

maybe it's my bad english. but i bet you gun owners who carry around here know exactly what i mean.

we need to stop stigmatizing gun and gun carrying

This is a really wierd comment dutch.

I think if someone is coming at me with a gun, then that is exactly the time i would want to use my gun on someone..... if someone is coming at me with thier fists, or words or something, then i would not use my gun.
what i mean is that if you carry your gun on your hip strolling around on the street would you draw your gun iof you see other people strolling around with their gun.
i imagine it would be fun everytime gun carrying people walk on the street and meet other gun carrying people they would draw their guns and state their intetnions before casually holstering their wapen and walking on till the next gun carrying Samaritan they meet.

lol i'm just lolling here trying to guess how my day would be back in my home country when i was carrying.

If that would have happened, then we would have been reading an entirely different story.

I guess it's a good thing you have to go through training before you can get a permit to carry a gun, right? So things like your hypothetical don't usually happen.

Unless you're a cop. They have been known to shoot even unarmed people because they felt threatened. But hey, let's just give them all the guns.

you actually dont know what i mean.
guys who carry guns dont go around pulling and drawing there guns on guy with guns.
they just smile and nod to eachother.

maybe it's my bad english. but i bet you gun owners who carry around here know exactly what i mean.

we need to stop stigmatizing gun and gun carrying

I see what you mean and for the most part you are right....The problem is that assault rifle type guns are already somewhat stigmatized, and plus with the recent shootings that happened, people are on edge right now, and there might be some guy out there carrying a gun who wants to be a hero and show everyone why we need to stop gun control...... So now this guy who wants to be a hero sees a guy walk in with a rifle and he immediately remembers the recent shootings and thinks that the guy could be another copy cat. So now the guy carrying his gun sees his chance to be a hero and get on tv for taking down what he thinks is another mass murderer. Then the guy with the rifle gets shot for not even doing anything wrong, but for doing something that recently has been done and resulted in a bunch of innocent deaths.