What's new

Gun Control

Right, because that's exactly what I said. Wow.

Well, obama is being compared to hitler who is most know for killing lots of jews.

Also, i just heard that ronald reagan supported a ban on assault rifles..... Ronald reagan=hilter also i guess.

as i stated before a safe aint so safe. speaking from experience.
also i am not a fan of keeping a gun in your safe. cus when you need it it will be a tense stresfull situation try putting a key in a keyhole with adrenaline pumping and fight or flight going on in you.
fine motor skills are the first to go.
knowing frome xperience you could train those fine motor skills to be dead cold in stressful/tense situations.

It has a key pad. The keys are only needed if I forget the combo. I hit a few keys and it pops open.

Well, obama is being compared to hitler who is most know for killing lots of jews.

Also, i just heard that ronald reagan supported a ban on assault rifles..... Ronald reagan=hilter also i guess.

You can stop with the dumb *** hitler comparisons too. Way to damage your own arguement in an attempt to out ******* someone else.

You can stop with the dumb *** hitler comparisons too. Way to damage your own arguement in an attempt to out ******* someone else.

You silly goose, i obviously dont think that reagan or obama should ever be compared to hitler.... Its not my comparison, it was scats

You silly goose, i obviously dont think that reagan or obama should ever be compared to hitler.... Its not my comparison, it was scats

In all fairness, it wasn't strictly meant to be a Hitler comparison. It was more a complaint about using children to further a political agenda. I simply did not convey the message in an appropriate manner.

Um, there are 20+ dead children in Newtown, Connecticut, who show how "assault weapons" or assault-like weapons such as the AR-15 fire rapidly, even if it's not automatic-rapidly.

Jared Lee Loughner killed 6 people and wounded 13 others when he was able to fire plenty rapidly with a semi-automatic gun with a large magazine. Didn't get apprehended until he had to stop to reload.

Yes, modern guns can fire rapidly...pretty much all of them.

Pro-gun rights folks are being called paranoid a lot. We're being painted as extremists because we can't accept ANY regulations. The problem is that the arguments being made for the current round of gun regulations don't just apply to a small percentage of guns. They apply to almost all guns. So those of us who know about guns are listening to these arguments to ban assault weapons and we legitimately wonder what an assault weapon is. We're worried that there is no better argument to ban assault weapons than there is to ban all pistols with detachable magazines. We wonder why we're being sold the notion that gun ownership is safe when obviously it's not the culture of violence that is under attack but the culture of gun ownership itself. It is clear that widespread gun ownership, the number of guns and the capability of the guns that law abiding citizens own is seen as the primary problem. To say otherwise is simply dishonest in light of the new regulations (the ban on "assault weapons" and magazine capacity) that are being proposed. They are not anti-crime regulations, they are anti-gun regulations.

Looks like you compared Reagan to hitler. Not Scat.

I get that you were mocking him and pointing the stupidity of it. Well you managed to do so in a way that makes you look just as foolish.

Pro-gun rights folks are being called paranoid a lot. We're being painted as extremists because we can't accept ANY regulations. The problem is that the arguments being made for the current round of gun regulations don't just apply to a small percentage of guns. They apply to almost all guns. So those of us who know about guns are listening to these arguments to ban assault weapons and we legitimately wonder what an assault weapon is. We're worried that there is no better argument to ban assault weapons than there is to ban all pistols with detachable magazines. We wonder why we're being sold the notion that gun ownership is safe when obviously it's not the culture of violence that is under attack but the culture of gun ownership itself. It is clear that widespread gun ownership, the number of guns and the capability of the guns that law abiding citizens own is seen as the primary problem. To say otherwise is simply dishonest in light of the new regulations (the ban on "assault weapons" and magazine capacity) that are being proposed. They are not anti-crime regulations, they are anti-gun regulations.

+1

Looks like you compared Reagan to hitler. Not Scat.

I get that you were mocking him and pointing the stupidity of it. Well you managed to do so in a way that makes you look just as foolish.

Hey man give me a break. The jazz have not played in like 4 days and im starting to get irritable!

The main thing that i have seen that actually seems like it will happen, is that everyone has to get background checks. Including gun shows, online sellers, etc etc.
Do you at least think that is reasonable? (i understand why you think banning "assualt rifles" and large magazines is not right)

The main thing that i have seen that actually seems like it will happen, is that everyone has to get background checks. Including gun shows, online sellers, etc etc.
Do you at least think that is reasonable? (i understand why you think banning "assualt rifles" and large magazines is not right)

So you don't think having a permit (which requires a background check plus training) is enough?

So you don't think having a permit (which requires a background check plus training) is enough?

You said yourself that having a permit requires a background check.
I said that everyone should have to get a background check.
So looking at those 2 statements, what do you think my answer to your question is?

You said yourself that having a permit requires a background check.
I said that everyone should have to get a background check.
So looking at those 2 statements, what do you think my answer to your question is?

Just making sure, because the "common sense" answer isn't what is being proposed.

Gun control freak: Let's outlaw guns!
Gun owner: I dare you to try to take my guns.
Gun control freak: <points finger at guy who doesn't own a gun yet, but was planning on buying one> I'm not going to take your guns, I'm just going to take his, so don't worry!

In my opinion, saying I can't buy a gun is just as bad as taking my gun. This assault weapons ban and the clip ban both need to be killed.

In all fairness, it wasn't strictly meant to be a Hitler comparison. It was more a complaint about using children to further a political agenda. I simply did not convey the message in an appropriate manner.

In all fairness, invoking the "Children" card is practically universal. Fathers and mothers do it over the backyard fence, or at church socials. . . . every good politician does it, maybe even to extent of kissing the babies. According to the Bible, even Jesus did it.

The issues remain about the purposes, and effects, of any regulation regarding gun control.

There is a little local history I'd like to share as an illustration.

In Old Frisco, the boomtown on one of richer silver strikes in the West, law and order was seriously in question. There was gun violence daily, more than once daily, and it truly wasn't safe to try to run to the general store at any hour. Lots of pine boxes being hauled to Boot Hill.

So the town hired an effective sheriff from Pioche, a silver mining town about a hundred miles away in Nevada. Pioche was peaceful, and safe, and there were no gunslingers hanging around the saloon.

The first day this Sheriff arrived in Frisco, he notified the public that there would be no more trials, no arrests, and no questions. If anyone caused any trouble, they would be shot on the spot. That day he killed six toughs. And the rest just moved on across the desert somewhere.