What's new

Hawks want Quin

Someone on Hawks board said it. I dont know the rules at all, but the source was questionnable hence the "supposedly" and the "(?)" at the end... in case someone knows how it actually goes.
I think we all know you can't trust those Hawks morons though... Member when we were going to trade Lauri for John Collins... but maybe we'd have to give up a pick to do it.

Ehh, I doubt they really wanted him back on a 1 year deal and they saw an opportunity to get Hardy. If they didnt, Hardy would be the HC of the Boston Celtics currently. It worked out for both sides.
Who knows what the discussions were behind closed doors and the Jazz may have said they'd have him back in order to get some sort of financial consideration or something. We are obviously better off right now with Hardy under contract for a while so I have no problem with how it worked out. Just think my dream is to have one of these guaranteed contracts and to be told to take a walk... with no change on the 1st and 15th. It would be a dream to get the DL treatment.

Yeah I dont trust them, hence the questionmarks. Still gonna keep spying on them.
by all means continue...

I just think they are dumb if they think his contract that he is still under with the Jazz is somehow voided if he gets a "different position".

Isn't the trade deadline just a deadline for people traded to qualify for the playoffs? If I'm not mistaken, there technically isn't any "trade deadline," just something that's come to be recognized as such because you don't move players after they lose post-season eligibility. That's why sometimes teams out of the playoffs make a trade or why you can make trades before or around the draft before the new fiscal year (for lack of a better term) has begun.

Are you sure the trade deadline rules apply to coaches or non-player transactions?
Its been a while since a coach was "traded" but I think its usually a weird simultaneous transaction. Like we release his contract or they assume his contract and then we trade the draft rights to some terrible player we have for a second round pick... I think the trade deadline being over does apply because when you are doing trades you have to trade something... and a coach isn't necessarily something we can trade in a traditional sense.

If we get anything it will be financial considerations and maybe a wink and a nod to do another minor deal in the offseason. It would be tricky but I don't see us having any leverage that we would realistically exercise.

Isn't the trade deadline just a deadline for people traded to qualify for the playoffs? If I'm not mistaken, there technically isn't any "trade deadline," just something that's come to be recognized as such because you don't move players after they lose post-season eligibility. That's why sometimes teams out of the playoffs make a trade or why you can make trades before or around the draft before the new fiscal year (for lack of a better term) has begun.
Nah man trade deadline is the trade deadline. Once you are eliminated you could make trades with other teams that have also been eliminated. Post season ineligibility hits in like a week or so.

The winner here will be Ryan's wallet... and I am sure those funds will be reinvested in the basketball product in meaningful ways.

Nah man trade deadline is the trade deadline. Once you are eliminated you could make trades with other teams that have also been eliminated. Post season ineligibility hits in like a week or so.
The CBA says nothing about non-player trades after the deadline. Only references to players:

A Team cannot trade any player after the NBA trade deadline occurring in the last Season of the player’s Contract, or after the NBA trade deadline occurring in any Season that could be the last Season of the player’s Contract based upon the exercise or non-exercise of an Option or Early Termination Option.

He signed a guaranteed contract my dude. You dont need an article to tell you obvious facts.

Utah didnt want to bring him back just to coach a single year with a new group so they told him to stay home.
My understanding is that the Jazz wanted him back but Quin wanted to take some time off.

I think you can add the Hawks to the list of orgs committed to micro tanking, as long shots for a top 4 pick. You don't fire a coach like Nate even with a 500 record, unless you are punting on the season and had irratonal expectations.
The experiment with Dejounte and Trae failed, and the org is run by fools.

The CBA says nothing about non-player trades after the deadline. Only references to players:

A Team cannot trade any player after the NBA trade deadline occurring in the last Season of the player’s Contract, or after the NBA trade deadline occurring in any Season that could be the last Season of the player’s Contract based upon the exercise or non-exercise of an Option or Early Termination Option.
I’m Too lazy to look up trading picks… not sure if that is referenced. I also think trading coaches isn’t like a normal trade. I think it’s more a business transaction and then a trade follows.

I highly doubt we get anything other than financial considerations.

He signed a guaranteed contract my dude. You dont need an article to tell you obvious facts.

Utah didnt want to bring him back just to coach a single year with a new group so they told him to stay home.
Man, I would give all of my remaining gonads to have a job that paid me millions to stay home for a year.

Man, I would give all of my remaining gonads to have a job that paid me millions to stay home for a year.
Can I talk to you about selling essential oils from home? Just a small start up fee and if you get your family and friends involved, they will be millionaires, too.

If the hawks aren't willing to give up their 23 1st or the kings pick for Snyder then a pick swap could make sense. Give the jazz the right to swap any of their 23 1sts for the hawks 1st this year. Ainge has traded a coach before for a 1st rd pick so he at least has experience with this.